X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part III: There Will Be Math Involved

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    SA stated something about scoring by committee in the preseason or very early in the year. That would be better, however, if we were scoring more as a team.
    I believe my point is that we are. Last year he mentioned this, because we didn't really pull it off; Brock Higgs did all the work. This year, we have NHL pouring it on, Bubela/Zalewski, McGowan's coming back into stride, even Leonard and Bailen doing quite well...

If Johnny Rogic can continue clicking and CJ Lee can get back into the habit, we'll be in REALLY good shape.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      I believe my point is that we are. Last year he mentioned this, because we didn't really pull it off; Brock Higgs did all the work. This year, we have NHL pouring it on, Bubela/Zalewski, McGowan's coming back into stride, even Leonard and Bailen doing quite well...

If Johnny Rogic can continue clicking and CJ Lee can get back into the habit, we'll be in REALLY good shape.
      ....now if CJ will just shoot it down the ice when on the PK (as long as no-one is breaking alone down the ice) instead of trying to be Bobby Orr & eventually loosing it in our zone...geesh!
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Good point about Rogic. He had a great game on Friday. We still aren't scoring at the 3 goals-per-game that SA stated we need, even in the recent stretch.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
          ....now if CJ will just shoot it down the ice when on the PK (as long as no-one is breaking alone down the ice) instead of trying to be Bobby Orr & eventually loosing it in our zone...geesh!
          Amen!
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good point about Rogic. He had a great game on Friday. We still aren't scoring at the 3 goals-per-game that SA stated we need, even in the recent stretch.
            Nationally, we're at 2.48 GF, 2.74 GA. Conference-wise, 1.92 (dead last ) and 2.92, respectively. I believe Coach has mentioned that he would like to see us at 3 and 2, respectively. He's also said that to get out of this funk, we need some ugly wins. That's what we got against Colgate (2-1), and sort of had against Cornell (3-2, although Coach usually attributes ugly wins to 1-0, 2-0, and 2-1).

Comment

That's one other thing I noticed in the stats. As much as Laliberté, Bailen, Haggerty, Bubela, and the rest are doing well getting us points, none of them are even in the overall top 10 for the league. JL and Haggs are tied for the highest on the team, and they're at 17th. The scoring by committee is very important, though, because now instead of reserving your best defenders for one or two players, the entire other team must defend well against us. I'd rather see the team be hot than a couple of players.
              I couldn't care less about league scoring stats. All I care about is that they keep playing the way they have the last few weeks for the rest of the season...and hopefully will wipe the ice with Union on Saturday night at the TUC.
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Nationally, we're at 2.48 GF, 2.74 GA. Conference-wise, 1.92 (dead last ) and 2.92, respectively. I believe Coach has mentioned that he would like to see us at 3 and 2, respectively. He's also said that to get out of this funk, we need some ugly wins. That's what we got against Colgate (2-1), and sort of had against Cornell (3-2, although Coach usually attributes ugly wins to 1-0, 2-0, and 2-1).
                After playing 17 or so of your 23 games against ranked opponents this is not so much of a surprise. these teams are not ranked because they let a lot of goals in. The rest of our schedule has a lot more bottom dwellars so these goal stats may improve. Did anyone else see that strange play at the 1 02 faceoff at the end of the cornell game. it looked like the cornell player checked the linesman causing him to fall on Laliberte? and the lineman took his sweet time getting up keeping him out of the play. And before the faceoff what did the linesman whisper in the cornell players ear? i don't think i've seen that before.

Comment

Not for nothing Ralph, but we did score 3 goals on Friday night...Hicks was the only one who failed to realize it.

EDIT: Its also worth noting the keepers we've played against of late: Hartzell .933 GAA (Hobey candidate), Bonar - stood on his head, Finney (.919) and Iles (.913).
                  Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 01-21-2013, 03:01 PM.
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

True Bennett has the same task, and we have been playing better than Union recently.
                    Well, Bennett was talking about benching players after losing to Cornell on Friday, night. But a better performance and win on Sat. probably solved that for U. I FULLY expect U to have their best lineup on the ice on Sat. night....as I do RPI.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                      Well, Bennett was talking about benching players after losing to Cornell on Friday, night. But a better performance and win on Sat. probably solved that for U. I FULLY expect U to have their best lineup on the ice on Sat. night....as I do RPI.
                      Based on the box score, he did bench players. I'm sure that they'll work things out very similar to how Coach Appert works out things with our players.

Comment

We'll see. I come up for arguments on both sides. To me the most important is that we have to keep up the momentum and continue to improve.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Not for nothing Ralph, but we did score 3 goals on Friday night...Hicks was the only one who failed to realize it.
                          If you say so.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Havasu M View Post
                            After playing 17 or so of your 23 games against ranked opponents this is not so much of a surprise. these teams are not ranked because they let a lot of goals in. The rest of our schedule has a lot more bottom dwellars so these goal stats may improve. Did anyone else see that strange play at the 1 02 faceoff at the end of the cornell game. it looked like the cornell player checked the linesman causing him to fall on Laliberte? and the lineman took his sweet time getting up keeping him out of the play. And before the faceoff what did the linesman whisper in the cornell players ear? i don't think i've seen that before.
                            I saw the little discussion, too. I'm not sure if that resulted in much of a conspiracy (although with the blown icing call I do wonder), but there's no sense in reading into it.

Sadly, there was no foaming at the mouth from Fat Mike in the Ithaca Journal on Sunday.

Comment

EDIT: Its also worth noting the keepers we've played against of late: Hartzell .933 GAA (Hobey candidate), Bonar - stood on his head, Finney (.919) and Iles (.913).
                              Depending on who you ask, four. I agree with the mice on the second no goal, though. I don't even think it crossed the line.

Comment

There is no such thing as an ugly win when you're in last place and playing nationally ranked teams. W's - of any sort -are all that matter.

Comment

Working...
                                X