X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part III: There Will Be Math Involved

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    McGowan has shown as much improvement as anyone on this team. I had high hopes for him well before he came to Troy-but he is just buzzing right now and has to be a nightmare for other teams to try and check off the puck. His ability to maintain control of the puck in corners while cycling is helping the entire flow in the offensive zone for us.
    I agree that McGowan has shown a lot of improvement recently, and i didn't have nearly as high an opinion of him as you did originally. I hope that he can keep it up. (I won't choose him in the PtC -- that should help. )
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      FD08 started this particular discussion.
      Perhaps I should state RPI's record in a matter that jericho understands: ^ - ^+ -

Comment

I agree that McGowan has shown a lot of improvement recently, and i didn't have nearly as high an opinion of him as you did originally. I hope that he can keep it up. (I won't choose him in the PtC -- that should help. )
        In speaking of recently, as much as stock in McGowan is going up, stock in Laliberté seems to be going down. Are teams just putting the best D players on him (along with Bubela and Zalewski)? I may have to look more closely at what happened last week with those three on the ice...

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          Perhaps I should state RPI's record in a matter that jericho understands: ^ - ^+ -
          You need to indicate that "-" is not a minus sign.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

In speaking of recently, as much as stock in McGowan is going up, stock in Laliberté seems to be going down. Are teams just putting the best D players on him (along with Bubela and Zalewski)? I may have to look more closely at what happened last week with those three on the ice...
            I wondered that too, or if he just doesn't mesh well with Bubela and Zalewski. If he ties up the other team's checking line, letting other lines score, that's fine too.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Allow me to respond:

BTW, I don't mind if you use my real first name on here.
              Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

You need to indicate that "-" is not a minus sign.
                Unless you plan to never use it. I will not put 15 as ^(minus). Addition and exponents only. I will consider multiplication, though.

Comment

I wondered that too, or if he just doesn't mesh well with Bubela and Zalewski. If he ties up the other team's checking line, letting other lines score, that's fine too.
                  That's one other thing I noticed in the stats. As much as Laliberté, Bailen, Haggerty, Bubela, and the rest are doing well getting us points, none of them are even in the overall top 10 for the league. JL and Haggs are tied for the highest on the team, and they're at 17th. The scoring by committee is very important, though, because now instead of reserving your best defenders for one or two players, the entire other team must defend well against us. I'd rather see the team be hot than a couple of players.

Comment

Unless you plan to never use it. I will not put 15 as ^(minus). Addition and exponents only. I will consider multiplication, though.
                    That would have been fine had you stated it.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

That's one other thing I noticed in the stats. As much as Laliberté, Bailen, Haggerty, Bubela, and the rest are doing well getting us points, none of them are even in the overall top 10 for the league. JL and Haggs are tied for the highest on the team, and they're at 17th. The scoring by committee is very important, though, because now instead of reserving your best defenders for one or two players, the entire other team must defend well against us. I'd rather see the team be hot than a couple of players.
                      SA stated something about scoring by committee in the preseason or very early in the year. That would be better, however, if we were scoring more as a team.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                        Allow me to respond:

Mr. Ed?
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Does anyone know if GreatLakerMohawk still attends RPI games. I didn't see him when I was at the HFH early in the year, but that's probably inconsequential.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                            Allow me to respond:

My rebuttal:

I have a habit of applying standards to everyone. I don't use too many real first names on a message board for privacy purposes unless you regularly volunteer it (like Ralph and Kurt do), in fact some have specifically asked me not to do so, so out of not only respect for privacy but ease of use for me, I just get into the habit of using screen names. If you're broadcasting on the radio or write something on a blog where your real name is used and I wish to make a reference, generally I will use your real name, because that's how you choose to identify yourself on there.

I would prefer that people not use my real name on here unless I choose to volunteer it.

Comment

Mr. Ed?

Sure. I will refrain from making any sort of joke here, as this is way too easy.
                              Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                                Agree 1000%. I don't even want to see Kasdorf dressed for the game in case SA gets the temptation to play him even in relief. It would be a boost to the RPI ego to beat Union on Saturday, even if it is a non-league game. Seven straight losses to your cross town rivals can get a bit frustrating.
                                Two great W's. Looking forward to finishing strong. Agree. Play Merriam and Diebold, Commers and Fulton. Union may do the same. Teams usually do that in the Beanpot consolation game.

Comment

Working...
                                X