X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part III: There Will Be Math Involved

Originally posted by fr joe View Post
    I was wondering that myself... those were Ken's words, not mine. I remember the Deventhal era, the days of 40% pride,and Ben Barr's initial claim to fame in Schenectady. I also remember when Schenectady's daily was widely known as 'the good grey Gazette.'
    Then Ken has a short memory, although he may remember the Phillies from 1950 is if they were yesterday.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Well played SaHD.
      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

I've been trying to figure out our RatingsPI, and am only able to get to .4902. I do know that Notre Dame and Michigan Tech do not yet factor into our formula, and that CCT/SLU are still opponents of opponents because we haven't played them yet. Is anyone else able to get to .4998? It doesn't look like the Sacred Heart game affected our RatingsPI, in fact taking it out may have made it worse...

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          I've been trying to figure out our RatingsPI, and am only able to get to .4902. I do know that Notre Dame and Michigan Tech do not yet factor into our formula, and that CCT/SLU are still opponents of opponents because we haven't played them yet. Is anyone else able to get to .4998? It doesn't look like the Sacred Heart game affected our RatingsPI, in fact taking it out may have made it worse...
          I have never written a program to figure this out myself, but can't teams figure in as both opponents and opponents of opponents? E.g., Union is both figured in (and currently weighted double) as an opponent, and Union also counts as an opponent's opponent via Cornell, Colgate, QU (four times since we played QU twice and QU played Union twice), etc., etc.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            Nah-we will probably head out to a different hockey game. Haven't seen anything advertised as far as a movie i want to see. Will take the wife-and would love to take a mistres but Jenny would perform some exotic surgery on me and hang them from a tree. Not to mention that i would have to have the cats tasting my food for a long time.
            Laughed out loud on this. Classic.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              I have never written a program to figure this out myself, but can't teams figure in as both opponents and opponents of opponents? E.g., Union is both figured in (and currently weighted double) as an opponent, and Union also counts as an opponent's opponent via Cornell, Colgate, QU (four times since we played QU twice and QU played Union twice), etc., etc.
              Taking a look... http://siouxsports.com/hockey/rankin....htm#calculate

That might explain some things. I need to take out and put in a few games in my consideration.

Comment

Taking a look... http://siouxsports.com/hockey/rankin....htm#calculate

That might explain some things. I need to take out and put in a few games in my consideration.
                Is a bonus for wins against quality OOC opponents still included?
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

According to Ed Weaver, it's déjà vu all over again: http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...mode=fullstory

Comment

Is a bonus for wins against quality OOC opponents still included?
                    It is not. However, what is considered is that game are removed if you won but it still hurts your RatingsPI.

Comment

It is not. However, what is considered is that game are removed if you won but it still hurts your RatingsPI.
                      Yes, I realize that is included.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                        I respectfully disagree. You rightly point out that special teams and especially PP is very important but more so is goaltending and I do not see too many teams with the netminder we have. I do see your wait and see attitude but this team has a run in it...call it my gut.
                        Him being .001 from the #1 spot in save % in the NCAA (if he had enough minutes to qualify) seems to back up your gut feeling.

Comment

Just have to say that the title of this thread fits perfectly.
                          Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Looking at stats, Mark McGowan has 3 GWGs. Top in the ECAC is 4, by Russell Goodman (QPac) and Eric Robinson (Dartmouth).

Comment

Looking at stats, Mark McGowan has 3 GWGs. Top in the ECAC is 4, by Russell Goodman (QPac) and Eric Robinson (Dartmouth).
                              McGowan has shown as much improvement as anyone on this team. I had high hopes for him well before he came to Troy-but he is just buzzing right now and has to be a nightmare for other teams to try and check off the puck. His ability to maintain control of the puck in corners while cycling is helping the entire flow in the offensive zone for us.
                              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                                Just have to say that the title of this thread fits perfectly.
                                FD08 started this particular discussion.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X