X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part III: There Will Be Math Involved

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    I am not enamored with having this game on the schedule, and conceivably someone could get injured which could hurt us the rest of the season, but not designing a lineup to win could kill the momentum that we finally seem to have.
    That indeed sums it up. I just keep looking at the 10 game sprint to the finish and would hate to lose any weapons just trying to prove a point. it will be interesting to see how Bennett handles this same choice.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      We all have opinions on this-mine is simple-dress all the boys who need to get ice time-reward them for all the hard work in practice. Play hard-bang Union around if we can. But i sit Kaz for one game and play the other 2 goalies 30 minutes each. If we win-it could show the boys from Schenectady that we can beat them with less than our full coplement. If we lose-they gain no more advantage than they already have by having beaten us twice this year. Besides-why give an enemy a look at a goalie they may have to face a couple months from now so they can figure out how to play against him? Your points are all as good as i feel mine are-but the guy who counts is coach Appert and he will do what he feels is best for this team.
      Good point about not giving Union a look at Kasdorf whom they haven't faced as a team (although probably quite a few have faced him somewhere inn the past). As far as the rest, I don't know. SA claims to always play the players who are playing best in practice. Those could be the same ones we saw this weekend. Six skaters didn't play this weekend. Schroeder and higgs are injured. SA also mentioned that Hampton and Bokenfohr were hurt. That only leaves Fulton and Commers.

I think that it comes down to -- we must get the Union monkey off our back.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

That indeed sums it up. I just keep looking at the 10 game sprint to the finish and would hate to lose any weapons just trying to prove a point. it will be interesting to see how Bennett handles this same choice.
        True Bennett has the same task, and we have been playing better than Union recently.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Summary:

Beat SCCC!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

good solid weekend, 4 points, and most important, very few lapses in judgement. Let's hope theycontinue to gel.

I disagree w/ this sentiment to play the second stringers. That mindset is a disruption in the momentum. Would like to see themcome out with the same intensity they had this weekend, and kick some Izod ***...
            Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Non league game in mid-January vs UC? Don't know what worries me more... possibility of injury or the distraction level? I remember a few years ago when we played Cornell late in the regular season knowing we''d play them the next week in the playoffs. Coach Appert played Matthias Lange in RS game and Alan York in playoff series. The Big Red Traffic Cones hadn't seen the frosh York yet. That was a one-week interval. (We're still looking at another month of RS...a month's a lot of league games... and nothing's been settled yet.)

UC has not been themselves lately... Ken Schott's reporting that they were 'the Union of old' last night. I suspect they'll want to keep it going next weekend. And I respect what Coach Appert's been saying lately (play well, play your system & values, you may not win every game but over time, you'll win most of them); there's something to be said about our playing with some consistency. We should continue to play hard, play our way, play to win. Value consistency.

Play one game at a time. This is January. February and March will follow.
              Last edited by fr joe; 01-20-2013, 02:46 PM.
              Here we come!

Comment

Originally posted by fr joe View Post
                UC has not been themselves lately... Ken Schott's reporting that they were 'the Union of old' last night.
                You have a short memory. To me "The Union of old" finishes in last place. The last few years are historically more of an anomaly.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
                  good solid weekend, 4 points, and most important, very few lapses in judgement. Let's hope theycontinue to gel.

I disagree w/ this sentiment to play the second stringers. That mindset is a disruption in the momentum. Would like to see themcome out with the same intensity they had this weekend, and kick some Izod ***...
                  I never said anything about playing the "second stringers". In fact, if Kasdorf didn't suffer the shoulder injury a few weeks ago I would just go with him between the pipes. Besides, what's wrong with playing Merriam?? He played brilliantly against QU and deserved a better fate against PU.

Comment

January tells the story every time....it's almost like a lockout ended or something

Comment

I wanted to take this opportunity to apologize to Brock Hicks for an unfortunate comment I made about him. I was a little frustrated with our play and took it out on someone I respect. I have tremendous admiration for Brock and his dad Harold who has always been nice to me. Brock has always played the Engineer way and was integral to our success in the NCAA bid year especially in light of his life threatening injury that year. This is a cautionary tale not to post while emotional. Go Red!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stay@homeDad View Post
                        I wanted to take this opportunity to apologize to Brock Hicks for an unfortunate comment I made about him. I was a little frustrated with our play and took it out on someone I respect. I have tremendous admiration for Brock and his dad Harold who has always been nice to me. Brock has always played the Engineer way and was integral to our success in the NCAA bid year especially in light of his life threatening injury that year. This is a cautionary tale not to post while emotional. Go Red!!!!
                        I think you mean Higgs, not Hicks. No one on this thread wants to apologize to Hicks, I'm pretty sure. That said, I agree, Brock is a great player and I'm very glad we have him on the team. Hopefully he's feeling better soon as he's been out with that head injury.

Comment

• Originally posted by RKarger View Post
                          I think you mean Higgs, not Hicks. No one on this thread wants to apologize to Hicks, I'm pretty sure. That said, I agree, Brock is a great player and I'm very glad we have him on the team. Hopefully he's feeling better soon as he's been out with that head injury.
                          Correct Higgs and I'm not sure if spell check changed that on me or not since I thought I typed it right.

Comment

We all have opinions on this-mine is simple-dress all the boys who need to get ice time-reward them for all the hard work in practice. Play hard-bang Union around if we can. But i sit Kaz for one game and play the other 2 goalies 30 minutes each. If we win-it could show the boys from Schenectady that we can beat them with less than our full coplement. If we lose-they gain no more advantage than they already have by having beaten us twice this year. Besides-why give an enemy a look at a goalie they may have to face a couple months from now so they can figure out how to play against him? Your points are all as good as i feel mine are-but the guy who counts is coach Appert and he will do what he feels is best for this team.
                            Only one little problem with this: Kasdorf played in the third period of the game at Messa.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              Only one little problem with this: Kasdorf played in the third period of the game at Messa.
                              So-why give them any more of a look or soem practice time? Lot os things in life are risk versus reward. Next weekend is no different to me. I guess i just see the downside being far greater than any potential gain. Difficult for me to say-because I never like to lose-but sometimes it is best to understand the Art Of War. A Pyrrhic victory right now is not exactly what the doctor ordered. Again-just my 2ยข
                              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                You have a short memory. To me "The Union of old" finishes in last place. The last few years are historically more of an anomaly.
                                I was wondering that myself... those were Ken's words, not mine. I remember the Deventhal era, the days of 40% pride,and Ben Barr's initial claim to fame in Schenectady. I also remember when Schenectady's daily was widely known as 'the good grey Gazette.'
                                Last edited by fr joe; 01-20-2013, 09:08 PM.
                                Here we come!

Comment

Working...
                                X