This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part III: There Will Be Math Involved

And as a commercial break to the math, the press conference from last night:

Comment

"Contract Extension"- AspyDad about 2 minutes after the game ended last night.
      Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Our fans need to SERIOUSLY learn how not to jump the gun on those taunts. Thirty to forty seconds is MORE than enough to score two goals, and I thought after they started the "Cornell Sucks" chant that we would blow it and go to OT.
        Typical LXA, none of them know jack about hockey and they've even taunted our own players at times this season.
        Source: I sit directly behind them
        Season ticket holder since 2007. I BELIEVE IN SETH APPERT.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
          I respectfully disagree. You rightly point out that special teams and especially PP is very important but more so is goaltending and I do not see too many teams with the netminder we have. I do see your wait and see attitude but this team has a run in it...call it my gut.
          Aspy-I love Kasdorf. But 8 games does not make him the league star just yet. I think he will turn out to be superb-perhaps our best ever. But Iles did not look shabby last night and often looks spectacular. QU has not given up many goals to anyone and there are others goalies playing well in this league. We won both games this weekend with very good team effort. it was everyone and everything. This was the most encouraging set of games in a long time. But we will have to find ways to score more. The last 4 games-admittedly one of our best streaks in a while-we have scored 8 goals(and given up 9). Perhaps I am just hanging onto a bit of my reservatons but I need a bit more success before i start jumping for joy. I do agree 100% though-this team could get on a run and be very tough to beat-which is why I detest this next weekend break from our league schedule.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
            Doc, you know that we are not going to blow any teams out. And we may get out shot in most of our games. But the defense is keeping most of the shots to the perimeter and Kasdorf looks like the real deal.
            Our break out is solid and our passing is much improved. If we can get Bailen to stop passing into the slot and Lee to stop taking offensive zone penalties, we will win a lot of games.
            I make no prediction on where we will finish, but with 10 league games left, I see us winning more than half of those, and that should keep us in the middle of the pack by the playoffs.
            If we continue to improve going into the playoffs, I think we will have as good a shot as anyone of winning the tournament.
            Of course, we have to stay healthy and we have to keep improving. Any backslide and who knows how low we can go.
            Think happy thoughts, and lets go red!!!!!!!!!!
            Absolutely all true-but there are going to be nights with bad bounces, bad calls, guys falling down at crucial times, etc-and we will need to find some extra offense to overcome any lapses. I do think we have it-I really am beginning to like this line up-no one line doing it all-every line contributing. The depth at the forward position is finally starting to show. Defense for the most part moving the puck up ice and keeping it in once we get there. But i see the same things you do-Nick B is an incredible offense talent that needs to control some of his passes and some of his moves. Too many blatant give aways. We have to really be careful with those cross ice passes around the blue lines. But as you say we have 10 games left-6 at home and no Union (that counts) no QU and we get Yale and Dartmouth at home instead of away. I would hope we can win at least 6 of these and perhaps more which could put us in a very decent place in the standings for the first round. I do not evem think a bye is out of the question-but I would not expect it after the hole we dug for ourselves early in the standings.

Comment

Our fans need to SERIOUSLY learn how not to jump the gun on those taunts. Thirty to forty seconds is MORE than enough to score two goals, and I thought after they started the "Cornell Sucks" chant that we would blow it and go to OT.
              Our fans need to learn how to stay for the entire game as well. That Troy traffic can be killer on friday and saturday nights.
              Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                I just read on the rpiathletics site that this was the first time RPI has beaten both Colgate & Cornell at home since Feb. 26 1999! http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/201...px?path=hockey
                That is correct. the next visit for Cornell and Colgate into Troy was the following November. I remember the Colgate game well since my favorite Ref did the game-Mike Noeth-and honored us with calling 42 minutes of penalties on us to insure a loss after we had beaten Cornell the night before.

Comment

And as a commercial break to the math, the press conference from last night:

What should be really scary for the other ECAC teams-Kasdorf does not even remotely SOUND like a freshman. He exudes confidence. We have already seen that he has that on the ice-but he carries himself and expresses himself very well. Saying that-I would rest him this coming weekend. We have two other very capable goaltenders who can split the game if need be so that we have JK in the net for the following week's league games.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                    What should be really scary for the other ECAC teams-Kasdorf does not even remotely SOUND like a freshman. He exudes confidence. We have already seen that he has that on the ice-but he carries himself and expresses himself very well. Saying that-I would rest him this coming weekend. We have two other very capable goaltenders who can split the game if need be so that we have JK in the net for the following week's league games.
                    Agree 1000%. I don't even want to see Kasdorf dressed for the game in case SA gets the temptation to play him even in relief. It would be a boost to the RPI ego to beat Union on Saturday, even if it is a non-league game. Seven straight losses to your cross town rivals can get a bit frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                      Agree 1000%. I don't even want to see Kasdorf dressed for the game in case SA gets the temptation to play him even in relief. It would be a boost to the RPI ego to beat Union on Saturday, even if it is a non-league game. Seven straight losses to your cross town rivals can get a bit frustrating.
                      And our best way to beat our cross town "rivals" is to not dress the goaltender with the hot hand right now? Makes total sense, hey while we are at it lets not dress JL, Haggerty, McGowan, Curadi and Bailen too. Give everyone who hasnt been playing much some playing time. Im sorry but you put the players out that give you the best chance to win the game each and every night.

Comment

And while Im at it, to those who call next saturdays game meaningless, dont post about the game or even go to the game. Take the wife, girlfriend, mistress, boyfriend whatever out to a nice dinner and a movie.

Comment

I am not enamored with having this game on the schedule, and conceivably someone could get injured which could hurt us the rest of the season, but not designing a lineup to win could kill the momentum that we finally seem to have.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                            And our best way to beat our cross town "rivals" is to not dress the goaltender with the hot hand right now? Makes total sense, hey while we are at it lets not dress JL, Haggerty, McGowan, Curadi and Bailen too. Give everyone who hasnt been playing much some playing time. Im sorry but you put the players out that give you the best chance to win the game each and every night.
                            Agreed. This non-leaguer comes at a bad time, but this team needs to keep it's best players on the ice to continue to build on the good play of the past several weeks. No time to rest guys. Just keep putting together good shifts and god games. Winning breeds winning. LGR!

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                              We all have opinions on this-mine is simple-dress all the boys who need to get ice time-reward them for all the hard work in practice. Play hard-bang Union around if we can. But i sit Kaz for one game and play the other 2 goalies 30 minutes each. If we win-it could show the boys from Schenectady that we can beat them with less than our full coplement. If we lose-they gain no more advantage than they already have by having beaten us twice this year. Besides-why give an enemy a look at a goalie they may have to face a couple months from now so they can figure out how to play against him? Your points are all as good as i feel mine are-but the guy who counts is coach Appert and he will do what he feels is best for this team.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                                And while Im at it, to those who call next saturdays game meaningless, dont post about the game or even go to the game. Take the wife, girlfriend, mistress, boyfriend whatever out to a nice dinner and a movie.
                                Nah-we will probably head out to a different hockey game. Haven't seen anything advertised as far as a movie i want to see. Will take the wife-and would love to take a mistres but Jenny would perform some exotic surgery on me and hang them from a tree. Not to mention that i would have to have the cats tasting my food for a long time.

Comment

Working...
                                X