X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part III: There Will Be Math Involved

Originally posted by Beman View Post
    You are correct but you need to win in conference. Nice win over Cgate Kasdorf is the one. Seth lives to fight another day. Win over Cornell goes a long way. A loss is another step sideways. You gotta beat Schaff in your bldg. Tied Qpac away very good loosing to princeton ugh. A team plays with a certain confidence when they have their GUY in the net.
    The last time I checked, the ultimate goal of a hockey team isn't to win a conference. It's to win a national championship. We lost in the first round of ECAC playoffs one year, and yet were still four games from that goal.

Comment

SA's postgame press conference http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/201...118135853.aspx.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Ed Weaver http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...mode=fullstory
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          I'm a bit surprised-would have though SA would have been a bit more upset with some of our sloppy play on defense. Several times we just did not clear our zone with any force-just sort of waved the puck out to the blue line where Colgate set up again for a shot. Winning certainly can meelow things out. If we had lost-I suspect coach Appert would have been a little more upset with our play and the calls made by the officials.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            after listening to this I asked myself, why wasn't the Haggerty hit brought up or even his status. Could be SA asked that it not (injury) be brought up or, the interviewer saw Haggs in the locker-room and he was fine.....I certainly hope it's the latter.
            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
              I'm a bit surprised-would have though SA would have been a bit more upset with some of our sloppy play on defense. Several times we just did not clear our zone with any force-just sort of waved the puck out to the blue line where Colgate set up again for a shot. Winning certainly can meelow things out. If we had lost-I suspect coach Appert would have been a little more upset with our play and the calls made by the officials.
              I'm sure it's something he'll see on the game tape. It's very true that at the end of the day, to quote captain Kennedy from a couple years ago, "They don't ask how, they ask how many."

Comment

A win tonight would put us very close to, if not over, the TUC cliff. Not to say we're going to have as good of a chance at the playoffs as we did in 2010-11, but it would certainly change some league dynamics.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  A win tonight would put us very close to, if not over, the TUC cliff. Not to say we're going to have as good of a chance at the playoffs as we did in 2010-11, but it would certainly change some league dynamics.
                  I see this as important a game as it is. We win and we not only have a 4 point weekend-we move up in the standings in the league-we get close to being considered a TUC-and most important we serve notice that we are going to be there for the rest of the season. Other than QU-everyone in this league is within reach. I think there are 11 league games left (7 at home). We do not play QU or Union again and we have played Yale and Dartmouth on the road already. Seems to me that the schedule is at least , if nothing else, a bit less rigorous on paper coming up. You just never know.

Comment

One game at a time. Really. That works.
                    January now, February and March later.
                    Here we come!

Comment

Did anyone notice besides me that we didn't deploy the umbrella during PP? Bailen was on wing for part of it. Haggs was on the point for at least one of them that I remember.
                      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                        Did anyone notice besides me that we didn't deploy the umbrella during PP? Bailen was on wing for part of it. Haggs was on the point for at least one of them that I remember.
                        Not exactly-we only got one power play to try out anything. We started immediately in an umbrella format but quickly moved out of it. There is no doubt SA knows how important special teams are going to be for the remainder of the season-he has certainly started to address this.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                          Yes. Bailen was down low & Haggs was set up for the one timer at the dot.....very good to see.
                          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by Beman View Post
                            Finally seeing a game at HFH. I soooo miss the oldest holiday hockey tournament in the land. Nice that Seth and Shirley thought it wasn’t important to continue the tradition. I’ll bet George Low wouldn’t let this happen. Wow!! we went out and played at some state school in Minny. Fabulous! Start winning some games and they will want to play in the X oldest holiday tournament in the country. I heard that Navy decided they wanted to play USC next year so they cancelled the Army Navy game.
                            Seth needs to win period. This team needs to win 2 games this weekend no excuses. His seven-year tenure is awful. “Our Great Coach” give me a break, not only needs to outplay teams, but he needs to win. Sorry Seth fans but if he doesn’t win, take RPI deep into the ECAC tourney, its time to say bye bye.
                            Fridgen’s worst years measure up pleasantly to SA’s best years. And SA has had the easing of academic standards for players. Its time to ride the big boy bus. This is your team go get em. Good Luck. Just win baby.
                            If you had this kind success at Wisconsin ND, ND, MSU ,Denver, CC, Michigan, NHU, BC, even Plattsburgh you would be out the door. Can anyone tell me why RPI puts up with this this BS

Looking forward to the follow on of this one.
                            "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Our fans need to SERIOUSLY learn how not to jump the gun on those taunts. Thirty to forty seconds is MORE than enough to score two goals, and I thought after they started the "Cornell Sucks" chant that we would blow it and go to OT.

Comment

7th place. I believe we are better than most of the teams ahead of us. PP was spot on. Liked how Bails was moved down low, less trarffic for him to shot thru. Played well with a lead, poised and composed. Very nice weekend. Can we stop the fire SA stuff for awhile?

Comment

Working...
                                X