X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part III: There Will Be Math Involved

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    I think it was more of a reference to who wrote the survey...
    *touches nose*
    RPI Pep Band
    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
    2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Considering it's the NY/NJ hockey journal, that doesn't surprise me.
      True, but the original post said Northeast, and that made me think that many other rinks were considered.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I think it was more of a reference to who wrote the survey...
        So do I.

And I now have the feeling that lugnut posted a link to it earlier.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          But Walker had atmosphere, or at least I was told so. Also it had history.
          It may have had history (and maybe atmosphere) but one thing it didn't have was seating. With the exception of behind one of the nets (which is where most of the students and the band were), there was only 4 rows of seating on each side. And if you sat in the first row, you better have been 5'10 or taller, or you would have to stand to watch the game.

Comment

First offseason thread, post #700.
            RPI Pep Band
            GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
            🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
            2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
            2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              Oh, Northeast doesn't include New England, only NY and NJ! Messa is still too high, but not by nearly as much.
              correct, it's just NY/NJ.....the Bethlehem YMCA Rink should be before Starr Rink IMO.....and that's just what the article is, an opinion & a poor one at that
              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                correct, it's just NY/NJ.....the Bethlehem YMCA Rink should be before Starr Rink IMO.....and that's just what the article is, an opinion & a poor one at that
                The rink at Playland Park in Rye (where Manhattanville plays) is better -- and that was apparently destroyed by Sandy.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                  First offseason thread, post #700.
                  I suspect that I have now voted twice.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The rink at Playland Park in Rye (where Manhattanville plays) is better -- and that was apparently destroyed by Sandy.
                    Heck, I'd consider Stafford Ice Arena to be higher. Of course, that isn't exactly an insult...

Comment

I suspect that I have now voted twice.
                      I probably did as well.

Comment

True, but the original post said Northeast, and that made me think that many other rinks were considered.
                        Sorry for that - I read / skimmed over the weekend and when I saw that Messa was rated so high, I threw away and didnt really re-focus on the specifics of where being rated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          But Walker had atmosphere, or at least I was told so. Also it had history.
                          I recall listening to games on the radio when I was a kid and hearing that darn bell at Walker Rink. Richie Glasburg was the play by play guy perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Senna View Post
                            Sorry for that - I read / skimmed over the weekend and when I saw that Messa was rated so high, I threw away and didnt really re-focus on the specifics of where being rated.
                            No problem.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post
                              I recall listening to games on the radio when I was a kid and hearing that darn bell at Walker Rink. Richie Glasburg was the play by play guy perhaps?
                              Can you imagine that freaking bell and what it would sound like when you were sitting there in a game they were piling up the score against us? I hated it.
                              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Finally seeing a game at HFH. I soooo miss the oldest holiday hockey tournament in the land. Nice that Seth and Shirley thought it wasn’t important to continue the tradition. I’ll bet George Low wouldn’t let this happen. Wow!! we went out and played at some state school in Minny. Fabulous! Start winning some games and they will want to play in the X oldest holiday tournament in the country. I heard that Navy decided they wanted to play USC next year so they cancelled the Army Navy game.
                                Seth needs to win period. This team needs to win 2 games this weekend no excuses. His seven-year tenure is awful. “Our Great Coach” give me a break, not only needs to outplay teams, but he needs to win. Sorry Seth fans but if he doesn’t win, take RPI deep into the ECAC tourney, its time to say bye bye.
                                Fridgen’s worst years measure up pleasantly to SA’s best years. And SA has had the easing of academic standards for players. Its time to ride the big boy bus. This is your team go get em. Good Luck. Just win baby.
                                If you had this kind success at Wisconsin ND, ND, MSU ,Denver, CC, Michigan, NHU, BC, even Plattsburgh you would be out the door. Can anyone tell me why RPI puts up with this this BS

Comment

Working...
                                X