X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part III: There Will Be Math Involved

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    No idea. However, with the icebreaker, that means 14 non-con games. Obviously two for the IB, two with the Mariucci Classic, we could probably safely assume one with Union (Mayor's Cup), I would venture a guess as to a return trip from BU and UNH, I think I heard that SCSU would not be next year but the year after, perhaps a nWCHA opponent? That'd make 7-9 (nWCHA is unknown), with 5-7 left to go, safely assume a couple of Atlantic teams...
    Icebreaker isn't next year.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
      The TUC is the mausoleum of hockey buildings. You could have a real-life replay of the Russians vs. USA in the '80 Olympics and somehow that building would suck the life out of the crowd/game.
      Usually very true. But jenny and i were there in 2001 for BC/NDak and the place was jumping and packed and loud and everything you could want from a frozen four. I suppose that maybe the fans of the teams involved can make a difference. They can say what they want about the fans of that group that made up the four final teams-but they were loud and raucous and the building was rocking.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        An article about JL by Adam Wodon http://www.nyhockeyjournal.com/news/...erte_finds.php. I apologize if it has been posted.
        usually this isn't online till the following month. Also in this edition is a Top 10 College Hockey Rinks NY/NJ. #5 is HFH. Although I have to wonder when was the last time the writer, Elliot Olshansky, was actually there........The RPI Pep Band enjoys its own stage behind the visiting goal, from where it leads a number of distinctive cheers, including the one that accompanies the last minute of every period: "One minute, and Clarkson still sucks!"
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
          usually this isn't online till the following month. Also in this edition is a Top 10 College Hockey Rinks NY/NJ. #5 is HFH. Although I have to wonder when was the last time the writer, Elliot Olshansky, was actually there........The RPI Pep Band enjoys its own stage behind the visiting goal, from where it leads a number of distinctive cheers, including the one that accompanies the last minute of every period: "One minute, and Clarkson still sucks!"
          Within the last couple of weeks I saw in some blog recent posts each about a college hockey rink including the HFH. I can't find it, but I did find this survey about whether the band should be on a stage. I don't know who wrote the survey.
          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 01-15-2013, 01:12 PM.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Didnt he also rank Messa as something like the 8th best rink in the Northeast to watch a game ?

Comment

Originally posted by Senna View Post
              Didnt he also rank Messa as something like the 8th best rink in the Northeast to watch a game ?
              Sure you were looking at the top 10 and not the bottom 10?

Comment

I don't know who wrote to survey.
                *cough*
                RPI Pep Band
                GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                  *cough*
                  DrD can probably prescribe something for that cough.

Edit: I have fixed the typo.
                  Last edited by Ralph Baer; 01-15-2013, 01:29 PM.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    That's for sure. I can't understand why a Division 1 team would want to play in a Division 3 rink. The only place worse that I've ever been to is the old Walker Arena at Clarkson.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                      That's for sure. I can't understand why a Division 1 team would want to play in a Division 3 rink. The only place worse that I've ever been to is the old Walker Arena at Clarkson.
                      But Walker had atmosphere, or at least I was told so. Also it had history.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

DrD can probably prescribe something for that cough.

Edit: I have fixed the typo.
                        I think it was more of a reference to who wrote the survey...

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          I had picked up the hardcopy of the NY Hockey Journal and trust me, it is listed as one of the BEST rinks to see a game in.

Comment

Originally posted by Senna View Post
                            1 thru 10......Lynah...Ritter...tie Appleton/Cheel...HFH...Messa...Starr...Utica Memorial(Utica Coll.)...Tate(Army)...Hobey Baker
                            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

1 thru 10......Lynah...Ritter...tie Appleton/Cheel...HFH...Messa...Starr...Utica Memorial(Utica Coll.)...Tate(Army)...Hobey Baker
                              Oh, Northeast doesn't include New England, only NY and NJ! Messa is still too high, but not by nearly as much.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Oh, Northeast doesn't include New England, only NY! Messa is still too high, but not by nearly as much.
                                Considering it's the NY/NJ hockey journal, that doesn't surprise me.

Comment

Working...
                                X