X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell @ UVM - Jan 11-12

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
    So you're saying they're due?
    No but that you guys(and we thank you)as always are giving us good stuff to throw back at you when your team
    disappoints you again.
    New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
      No but that you guys(and we thank you)as always are giving us good stuff to throw back at you when your team
      disappoints you again.
      That has historically gone both ways....
      Gary

www.umlhockey.com
      Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
      "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
      KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
        Well done Sir!
        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Kitties gacking up hairballs? Say it ain't so!
          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
          Skating Friar Jersey
          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Ok. When's the last time you actually saw them play?
            The Bentley game.

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
              Yeah right. Feel free to chime in again when you're not high.
              The 6-0 prediction is just a gut feeling I have. I hope it's a bigger blowout.

Comment

Originally posted by UML View Post
                The 6-0 prediction is just a gut feeling I have. I hope it's a bigger blowout.

I see Lowell's supply of crack has not run low.
                Originally posted by Hokydad
                Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by UMLWeatherman View Post
                  UML should win both.
                  You should? Really?!?!? Based on what, the general consensus entering the season that Lowell was a good team? Certainly nothing has happened during the season, good for Lowell or bad for UVM, to support your conclusion. In fact, if you look at things like stats, games played, schedule, and the fact that UVM will be the home team for this series, one can make a pretty good case that we "should" win both games.

Comment

Markison and Brickley will be back in the lineup on Friday night!

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/a...medium=twitter

Comment

Originally posted by VermontFan View Post

Well that'll make things a lot more interesting.
                      Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

In fact, if you look at things like stats, games played, schedule, and the fact that UVM will be the home team for this series, one can make a pretty good case that we "should" win both games.
                        I've stayed out of the trash talk, but I'd be curious to know which numbers show that UVM "should" win both games?

Lowell's got a better GF, GA, tougher SOS, and better PK than Vermont. UVM has a better PP. Lowell has the same number of wins in HE play (in 3 less games) than UVM, and five of the six losses for Lowell in HE play are against the #1 and #2 teams (pretty pathetic losses in most cases). Vermont is 4-5 at home and Lowell is 5-3 on the road.
                        Monty

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                          I've stayed out of the trash talk, but I'd be curious to know which numbers show that UVM "should" win both games?

Lowell's got a better GF, GA, tougher SOS, and better PK than Vermont. UVM has a better PP. Lowell has the same number of wins in HE play (in 3 less games) than UVM, and five of the six losses for Lowell in HE play are against the #1 and #2 teams (pretty pathetic losses in most cases). Vermont is 4-5 at home and Lowell is 5-3 on the road.
                          I don't have the time or inclination to research this, but we've been pretty solid in recent games (last 6 or 7), including a convincing win against the number 12 or 13 team in the country. Our bad losses have come against top teams (Minnesota, UNH, BU) and we've been very competitive in most every other loss, including the other game against Minnesota and a loss to Dartmouth in which we had the better of the play. You guys have also been solid recently, but some of those wins have come against weak teams (Bentley & Clarkson). Moreover, regardless of records, I think it's always an advantage to be playing at home. I wasn't trying to start a flame fest (and I'm still not)--my point was merely that I don't think it's as much a certainty that Lowell will win both games as the poster seemed to suggest. You may well win both game, but I don't think there's reason to think you "should" win both games.

Comment

Originally posted by VermontFan View Post

Funny the article didn't mention what Markison's injury was. A couple of weeks ago, someone in our thread said they thought it was a back injury. Why the big secret?

Comment

Funny the article didn't mention what Markison's injury was. A couple of weeks ago, someone in our thread said they thought it was a back injury. Why the big secret?
                              Never good to tell the other team how to go after a injured player.
                              New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

If Lowell's offense shows up this weekend and they get the same D/G as they have been in the past few games, they really should win both games. I don't think they'll win them both by a lot, but a one goal and two goal win wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

Working...
                                X