Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Husky13 View Post
    The problem seems to be the "come to play" part recently
    Yes consistency is an issue, but I think you'd be hard pressed to find a team where it isn't an issue still.
    Just keep building, trying to get better and make sure that we are playing our best in March & April, not January.
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Re: SCSU vs. Bye Jan. 11 & 12

Given our recent issues I am unusually confident in this team. Bye really has something coming to them this weekend.

Comment

Ha! The bye always have our number. Bye sweeps...again.
        Originally posted by Skeeterman
        Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
        "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
          That's not how it works. If I say something, you can't say "you're dumb, prove you're right." If your opinion differs, state your facts and then I would try to refute them. See...that's how it works in a courtroom.

Judge: You were caught doing 80 mph in a 55.
          goldy: NUH UH! PROVE IT!
          Judge: ...
          That's not a good analogy, as goldy technically doesn't have to prove his side, the prosecutor would. The judge is an impatial 3rd party that decides whether or not the case against goldy was proven beyond a reasonable doubt.
          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
          Originally posted by Quizmire
          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
            Maybe you do have more pure "talent" than we do...maybe.
            But if we come to play, I have no doubts we could take any of the teams you mention down, even if you bring your best game too.
            I think that SCSU has a lot of potential, but I think it's a bit deluded to say that the Husky's "A" game is better than the Gopher's, Notre Dame's or BC's "A" game. I think most St. Cloud fans would agree with me.

In addition, it seems contradictory to say that a team is more talented, but that their A game is inferior.

Does SCSU have some better hockey players than some of the other teams' players? Sure. But I wouldn't trade any of the Huskies for a Nick Bjugstad, Anders Lee or a Johnny Gaudreau. Not to mention that the Huskies are just not as deep as the top teams in the nation.

The thing of it is, it's not which team has the best potential that wins, it's the team that comes the most prepared to win any given night.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherFan89 View Post
              I think that SCSU has a lot of potential, but I think it's a bit deluded to say that the Husky's "A" game is better than the Gopher's, Notre Dame's or BC's "A" game. I think most St. Cloud fans would agree with me.

In addition, it seems contradictory to say that a team is more talented, but that their A game is inferior.

Does SCSU have some better hockey players than some of the other teams' players? Sure. But I wouldn't trade any of the Huskies for a Nick Bjugstad, Anders Lee or a Johnny Gaudreau. Not to mention that the Huskies are just not as deep as the top teams in the nation.

The thing of it is, it's not which team has the best potential that wins, it's the team that comes the most prepared to win any given night.
              You aren't reading that correctly.
              I didn't say our A game was better, I said we can beat you if we both play it.
              Can does not mean will, but it does mean I'm not betting against my team.
              And we are deeper than you give us credit for.
              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

The pi**ing contest in this thread is hilarious from this "non-Minnesota" perspective.

I feel the need to remind you lutefisk eaters who is actually currently in first place in the WCHA.

Comment

I've never had lutefisk and couldn't pick it out of a food lineup.

And as everyone said to us two weeks ago when WE were in first place: get back to us in March.
                  St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                    The pi**ing contest in this thread is hilarious from this "non-Minnesota" perspective.

I feel the need to remind you lutefisk eaters who is actually currently in first place in the WCHA.
                    You're pretty good at reminding people your team is in first place. Problem is, it's January. Win the conference, then we'll talk.

Comment

And as everyone said to us two weeks ago when WE were in first place: get back to us in March.
                      I actually love lutefisk. Lefsa, too. My mom's whole family is from St. Cloud and her parents were both born in Sweden.

I'll be tickled pink if we come out of this weekend in first place, by the way.

FWIW, it was a hard thing to resist since I have never before written the words "UNO is in first place" or anything like it. Because it hasn't ever happened other than for a while during the first month of our first season in the WCHA.

Ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                        I actually love lutefisk. Lefsa, too. My mom's whole family is from St. Cloud and her parents were both born in Sweden.

I'll be tickled pink if we come out of this weekend in first place, by the way.

FWIW, it was a hard thing to resist since I have never before written the words "UNO is in first place" or anything like it. Because it hasn't ever happened other than for a while during the first month of our first season in the WCHA.

Ever.
                        Nobody loves lutefisk....
                        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                        Originally posted by Quizmire
                        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

You don't need to pick it out of a food lineup, you can smell it out.

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                          You're pretty good at reminding people your team is in first place. Problem is, it's January. Get to the X, then we'll talk.
                          FYP
                          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Love the battle between Gopher and Soulx (can I still type Souix?) and Husky fans. St Cloud State hockey has been pretty relavent over the years considering the difference between Minnesota and SCSU. Check out the annual budget between the 2. And the difference in facilities is obvious. These are not exuses, just facts. For Minnesota and North Dakota, the trouble isn't getting blue chippers, it is making the right choice on which blue chippers to take. SCSU will get an occasional blue chipper, but mainly will search out the "diamond in the rough" player. There is plenty of talented players to go around, but to think it in't easier for Minnesota and North Dakota to get them is not reality. SCSU has been relavent with both Dahl and Motzko. And will continue to be into the future. SCSU will have some good moments and years, but I doubt they will ever be in a position to be a top of the heap team every year. This years team still has an opportunity to make some noise, but they need to find the "on" switch for every game. Go Huskies!!!!!

Comment

That's not how it works. If I say something, you can't say "you're dumb, prove you're right." If your opinion differs, state your facts and then I would try to refute them. See...that's how it works in a courtroom.

Judge: You were caught doing 80 mph in a 55.
                              goldy: NUH UH! PROVE IT!
                              Judge: ...
                              The more accurate court analogy is:
                              Tommyboy: My client deserves $3 million from the defendant!
                              Me: No he doesn't.
                              Tommyboy: Prove he doesn't!
                              Me: No, you prove he does.
                              FTLT: When it rains the road gets wet. (WTeff?)

Or:

SCSUTOMMYBOY: We have as much talent as anyone!
                              Me: No you don't.
                              Tommyboy: Prove we don't!
                              Me: You made the ridiculous statment, you prove it.
                              FTLT: You're nuts if you think we don't have any talent. (WTeff?)

Comment

Originally posted by Reverse Sanity View Post
                                Love the battle between Gopher and Soulx (can I still type Souix?) and Husky fans. St Cloud State hockey has been pretty relavent over the years considering the difference between Minnesota and SCSU.
                                Define relevant. Do you mean relevant in the WCHA? Relevant in the NCAA tourney? Or simply relevant as in someone knows something about them?

Comment

Working...
                                X