Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USCHO.com Poll - January 7th

Originally posted by admiral0417 View Post
    Do you UC fans honestly think that the 20 individuals who vote in this poll get on a conference call and sometime during the call say "OK, how can we screw Utica?" ??? It's like you rationalize that every time a team wins one game against a team ahead of them, they should vault past them. If that were the case, there would be zero continuity and everyone would be saving their best for their last game against a ranked team !!! Teams rarely move up more than 2 spots in the poll regardless of who they beat and by what score. That's just the facts.

Personally, I had never paid UC much attention and viewed them as an "also-ran" in the ECAC West. So now you have yourselves what looks like a pretty good team. But probably nowhere near as good as some of you think.
    So then how would you know what you preach is true? You just said you never paid much attention to Utica... How do you know how good or not they are?

;and yes, I do in fact believe they have a biased against our team in more than one way.

You try beating the #2 team twice and by a hefty margin and then go nowhere in the polls. It sucks. What are we suppose to think. And don't even go back to that **** about going no where in the polls because you beat a higher ranked teams and stuff. You know for **** sure if Oswego would have beaten Norwich, their fans would want someone's head for not being vaulted above the Cadet's in the next week's polls.
    Utica College Hockey. Best fan base in D-III. Fear the Moose.
    Utica College 2004-2005 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
    Utica College 2012-2013 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
    2012-2013 ECAC West PICK'EM CHAMPION
    2012-2013 SUNYAC 1st runner up to the Pick'EM CHAMPION

Comment

Utica is the new "This is our year....." team ....the question is how many years before it happens.....
      Remy Babineaux
      remyb616@gmail.com
      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

The Cardinals beat Oswego before UC did. They were #1 and undefeated and undeniably the best team in the land. You didn't hear our fans screaming that we should be ranked ahead of them. Like I said, I don't want to take anything away from your 6-0 win, but in some strange way, your first win against them might have been more impressive. I think they were playing very well at that time. Now, not so much.
        If it's true that the western voters don't bother to educate themselves, then that's just a shame and they should be removed ASAP. But I don't believe there is a bias against Utica. I've never heard any bad reports on the coach or administration.

Comment

Originally posted by Pioneers#1 View Post
          So then how would you know what you preach is true? You just said you never paid much attention to Utica... How do you know how good or not they are?

;and yes, I do in fact believe they have a biased against our team in more than one way.

You try beating the #2 team twice and by a hefty margin and then go nowhere in the polls. It sucks. What are we suppose to think. And don't even go back to that **** about going no where in the polls because you beat a higher ranked teams and stuff. You know for **** sure if Oswego would have beaten Norwich, their fans would want someone's head for not being vaulted above the Cadet's in the next week's polls.
          Originally posted by Pioneers#1 View Post
          Haha Oh no my friend, I am seriously laughing at this point, trust me there. It's such a joke how biased it is, now I truly see what you all meant by it being meaningless.
          You sure are upset about a meaningless poll............
          Last edited by jerrynu26; 01-07-2013, 03:12 PM.
          Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
            I don't have any involvement with the D-III poll any longer, but from my past experience, the under appreciation of Utica can likely be pointed squarely at western poll voters, who don't bother to educate themselves on eastern hockey.
            Who are the western poll voters this season?
            SNC Men:
            Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
            NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
            SNC Women:
            O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Here's my top 10 along with a (it's close to the real) RPI

1. Norwich 0.6259
              2. Bowdoin 0.6241
              3. Utica 0.6138
              4. Hobart 0.6099
              5. Adrian 0.6075
              6. St. Norbert 0.6040
              7. Eau Claire 0.5958
              8. Oswego 0.5886
              9. Mass-Boston 0.5825
              10. Williams 0.5733
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I like this guy ^
                Utica College Hockey. Best fan base in D-III. Fear the Moose.
                Utica College 2004-2005 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
                Utica College 2012-2013 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
                2012-2013 ECAC West PICK'EM CHAMPION
                2012-2013 SUNYAC 1st runner up to the Pick'EM CHAMPION

Comment

I was hoping Bowdoin would crack the top 3 this week as the last undefeated but its nice to see a first place votes in each poll.

I understand the SOS is keeping them out of that top 3. They don't play any new teams the rest of the way aside from Trinity and Wesleyan so I doubt their SOS is going to improve much if at all. Hypothetically, if they were to keep winning, do they keep moving up or do they need losses ahead of them?

I know the poll is pretty meaningless and not always credible, (see: Utica) but its also nice to get recognition form the voters (see: Utica)!
                  Go Polar Bears Plaaaay Hockey!

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                    I don't have any involvement with the D-III poll any longer, but from my past experience, the under appreciation of Utica can likely be pointed squarely at western poll voters, who don't bother to educate themselves on eastern hockey.
                    I would say the door swings both ways on that one quite often.

Comment

The way I see it: SUNYAC needs to start winning some out of conference games and quickly. I think that they need to win 2 out of 3 against Middlebury, Williams, and Adrian. Plattsburgh and Oswego has been abused by the other eastern conferences this year, and a win against Williams in particular might be key. OtherwisePlattsburgh's 5 losses plus remaining schedule against the SUNY teams are going to probably be too much, and they will have to win the SUNYAC to get in.

Meanwhile, at the bare minimum either of Utica or Hobart are getting in, or possibly both if they finish strong.

If Williams wins v. Plattsburgh, I don't see how Bowdoin and Hobart don't get in, or at least the top two NESCAC teams.

Obviously the top two NCHA teams will be in.

So while there is an incredibly prediction, and there is a ton of hockey to play, it looks like the following teams are vying for the three at large bids:
                      Bowdoin, Williams, Trinity, Wisconsin-Eau Claire, St. Norbert, Hobart, Utica.

The following need to win a lot of games, but are on the outside looking in:
                      The loser of Plattsburgh/Oswego
                      Manhattanville
                      Middlebury
                      Castleton
                      W-Superior
                      MSOE

Basically everyone else needs to win their conference at this point, and if that happened it would make a lot of this moot.
                      Plattsburgh '11 Go Cards.
                      National Champions 1992, 2001
                      21 SUNYAC Championships

Norwich University
                      National Champions 2000, 2003, 2010

University of Vermont
                      Future National Champions 201?

Comment

I'm surprised at what seems an eastern bias. In the "what have you done lately" category, I would think that SNC would be at the top of the rankings. Utica has a legitimate beef and should be ahead of Wego, maybe as high as 4th, Norwich should be second, AT THIS POINT, but can retake the #1 spot with a solid week against Midd, Babson and whoever else they're playing,(I forget).
                        Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

The NESCAC is a self-immolating league with teams beating up against each other. It's tough now for a team to run the league table, especially playing everyone twice. So, it's tough to get a Pool C out of that league.

Right now, Pool C is 1 NCHA and 2 ECAC-W, and I don't see that changing unless Elmer Upset visits the conference playoffs.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by russell jaslow View Post
                            pop! There's the first utica fans head exploding.

Stay down. More to come...
                            :d
                            Elmira College (2006 ECAC-W Champions. 2006,2008 Final Four Semi-Finalist)
                            Guelph Storm (2004 OHL Champions)
                            Die Hard Leafs Fan (Still Waiting )

http://community.webshots.com/user/jpconnor55

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                              Utica is the new "This is our year....." team ....the question is how many years before it happens.....
                              We heard that two years ago and last year too and we all know they finished dead last in the ECAC-W last year. (AFTER Playoffs)
                              Elmira College (2006 ECAC-W Champions. 2006,2008 Final Four Semi-Finalist)
                              Guelph Storm (2004 OHL Champions)
                              Die Hard Leafs Fan (Still Waiting )

http://community.webshots.com/user/jpconnor55

Comment

How is MSOE in the top 15? Can someone explain that to me? They play in the MCHA, one of the weakest conferences. The only team in the conference is Adrian, everyone else is just a stomping ground for them. If you look at the D3hockey poll they are 20th, that's about where they should be.

Here is where MSOE has lost points:
                                Adrian twice, expected
                                Finlandia, not very good (3 Wins)
                                St. John's, (6 Wins) who is ok and they beat St. Thomas as their only big W

MSOE no conferance wins beat Bethel (6 wins) and Hamline (who has not won)

It is clear MSOE's coach votes on the uscho poll

Comment

Working...
                                X