Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Hockey, '12-'13, Volume II: #JohnnyHockey or #GaudreaubeyBaker?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Hockey, '12-'13, Volume II: #JohnnyHockey or #GaudreaubeyBaker?

Originally posted by Seacaptim View Post
    What was the injury on Matheson? I saw him get checked hard and high, but could not tell if it was his neck, shoulder or head?
    just what we didn't need, hopefully he'll be good for maine............good to see you on here,btw

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
      just what we didn't need, hopefully he'll be good for maine............good to see you on here,btw
      Don't think they need Matheson in the lineup to beat Maine, so I'd rest him if he's banged up.

Comment

• Re: Boston College Hockey, '12-'13, Volume II: #JohnnyHockey or #GaudreaubeyBaker?

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
        Don't think they need Matheson in the lineup to beat Maine, so I'd rest him if he's banged up.
        I'll bet you could play the whole game shorthanded and beat Maine. Wait to you see in person how pathetic Maine is
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Lovely. Pray Matheson's injury isn't significant. If it is, I think we can safely raise the DEFCON level by at least two, as they will be thinner than tissue paper on the back end.
          The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
          BC - 12
          BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
            Lovely. Pray Matheson's injury isn't significant. If it is, I think we can safely raise the DEFCON level by at least two, as they will be thinner than tissue paper on the back end.
            As bad as it is missing both Alber and Matheson, we can still get by with the 5 guys we still have in the lineup. We will be in the NCAA's almost certainly, so just need to have those guys back healthy by then.

Comment

Nice to see the "bottom 7" lighting the lamp last night. While they are not going to carry the offense, they are clearly scoring at better pace than they were during the first few weeks of the season.

Comment

While they aren't the most noticeable (yet), Linell and Straight have both basically matched their production from last season and have done so in far fewer games. So, outside the top five, they have made a jump. Not a significant one, but a steady one. I didn't expect a huge jump from either or that either would light it up. To be honest, this is basically what I expected out of both.

I'll tell you what would be nice...Sit popping in his first career goal. Not a shot at him, I sincerely mean it. Problem is, he's really never in position to even come close to scoring. It would be a good moment for him and I'm sure his teammates would be jacked.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  I'll bet you could play your women's team the whole game shorthanded and beat Maine. Wait to you see in person how pathetic Maine is
                  I think that is what Wally meant to say.
                  bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                  SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                  All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                  A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                    I think that is what Wally meant to say.
                    I think BC could play its womens team, short handed with the Donut Hole in net and still win......handily.
                    sure why not

Comment

• Originally posted by all bear View Post
                      I think BC could play its womens team, short handed with the Donut Hole in net and still win......handily.
                      There he is!
                      National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                      Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                      Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
                      two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
                      b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

Originally posted by REDMEN2002 View Post
                        There he is!
                        People follow me everywhere. It does get tiring being a legend.
                        sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by REDMEN2002 View Post
                          There he is!
                          standard all bear Billet donut hole joke-----------------check

Comment

on another note, I wonder if saturday night's game is the one where after a rough patch the light goes on and we start our run. It was the bus ride home from Orono last year, in 2010 it was during the Fenway game with BU, IMO. After the embarrassment of Friday night for the team to humiliate NU in their sold out Matthews the next night was good to see and much needed............still waiting for The Kid to give us a Matheson update

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                              on another note, I wonder if saturday night's game is the one where after a rough patch the light goes on and we start our run. It was the bus ride home from Orono last year, in 2010 it was during the Fenway game with BU, IMO. After the embarrassment of Friday night for the team to humiliate NU in their sold out Matthews the next night was good to see and much needed............still waiting for The Kid to give us a Matheson update
                              Whatever you do, no matter what else happens in the world, whatever you do....do not allow Timmay to escape from Boston with so much as a sniff....and certainly not a tie. A Maine win, by some freak of nature, would be Timmay-enabling beyond all belief; all us internut nutcases would commit hari-kari.
                              sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
                                Whatever you do, no matter what else happens in the world, whatever you do....do not allow Timmay to escape from Boston with so much as a sniff....and certainly not a tie. A Maine win, by some freak of nature, would be Timmay-enabling beyond all belief; all us internut nutcases would commit hari-kari.
                                Play your best lines all night, change lines frequently, score as many as you can - both nights. Have your young defensemen pound the s**t out of the 58th ranked offense out of 59 in Div 1 Hockey. There is a fraternity of Black Bear fans and alum that want to see BC annihilate the Bears, as sick as that sounds, and stick a fork in Whitehead. He's done. I'd like to see his smug face and attitude return to Orono more pale than the color of skim milk he already is. Maine fans are embarrased and they are furious. Justifiably so. The police actually had to answer a disturbance call at a cemetary last week. It was poor Shawn flipping in his grave.
                                Last edited by DoubleA; 01-21-2013, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X