Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Hockey, '12-'13, Volume II: #JohnnyHockey or #GaudreaubeyBaker?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Hockey, '12-'13, Volume II: #JohnnyHockey or #GaudreaubeyBaker?

kudos to Brown tonight with those back to back stick-less blocked shots on the UVM 5 on 3. that was pretty special

Comment

• Re: Boston College Hockey, '12-'13, Volume II: #JohnnyHockey or #GaudreaubeyBaker?

I believe that was a 5 on 4, but ya, we need more of that effort.

Comment

at least i remembered the blocked shots.............Harvard had 11 SOG tonight in a 3-0 loss to RPI

Comment

This is pretty much the type of game BC will need to play. They really battled and needed to earn it and they did.

Still WAY WAY too fancy and way too many behind the back passes again.

This game could have been over after Gaudreau's two breakaways in the first. Unreal how snakebitten he has been on breakaways the past few weeks. Then he sniped the 2 on 1 late to help ice the game and maybe help a cold streak.

When they finally broke the seal it seemed that there was some sense of relief and mentally I think that can help the team going forward. Yes they were really fortunate that #19 for Vermont took it upon himself to slam a trickling puck over his own goal line. These were bounces they weren't getting for a while.

Patrick Brown's penalty killing shift late in the first period really seemed to energize the team. The Gaudreau line came out skating like maniacs on the next shift but they still couldn't get the puck in the net until the 2nd. I was convinced BC was never going to score again at one point before the Mullane goal.

Defensively they were tighter. Jeke very early in the game just smashed any guy that got near him. It was shocking that a Dman hit someone. This kid is a very good hockey player.

Matheson being back was a big deal. Seems like they just rolled 5. Jeke's emergence could help a ton down the stretch.

The PP looked like total garbage for the most part. One of them was just a 2 minute mess with no SOG if I recall.

5x3 kill was also huge. Pretty sure Arnold killed the entire two mins. Either way he was great on that kill as he always is on the kills.

Let's be honest that Vermont goal never should have gone in as Milner got the glove on it and let it trickle in. But Vermont did a nice job of interfering with Silk up high as he was trying to get in to block the shot.
          Last edited by Carmine Scarpaglia; 02-01-2013, 10:11 PM.
          Originally posted by reBlur
          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Weird, I thought the UVM goal deflected off one of their guys, no?

Arnold was shaken up near the end of the game, but it didn't look like much happened to me.

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
              Funny, you put Linell with some good players and he gets a couple of points, go figure? I like breaking up the lines but have a hard time believing that Dyroff has more offensive upside than Silk. Said it before and will say it again, if only Vatrano hadn't got the boot, this team would have 3 solid scoring lines.
              AND.. what if Kris Kreider and Brian Dumoulin hadn't left early? How many scoring lines then? How good would the D be?
              If if's and but's were candy and nuts, everyday would be Christmas.

The actual lines tonight...
              Gaudreau-Mullane-Linell
              Sit-Arnold-Whitney
              Straight-Hayes-Silk
              Smith-Brown-Dyroff

The Hayes line will score, IMO. Straight and Silk just need to realize Kevin doesn't need a lot of help behind the boards and they need to get to the net. He waited and waited a few times then dished perfect passes across the crease with no one home.
              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                Arnold was shaken up near the end of the game, but it didn't look like much happened to me.
                Did he play again after being shaken up? Can't afford to lose him now....

Comment

It was near the end when it was already 4-1, couldn't have been more than two minutes left. Don't think he saw the ice again but we'll see if anything comes of it.

Comment

that's more like it

Brown was amazing on that shift really woke the team and that place up, best game in a BC uniform I can remember

that 5 on 3 for 2 minutes was huge as well. Arnold is awesome up there.

Whitney can unleash some serious lasers

nice to see a little edge from Wey & Matheson. Matheson changes so much with his offensive abilities (and no more 5 F powerplay!)

edit: saw Arnold got dinged too, not sure what it was, but was with under 2 minutes to go so no sense in him coming back out.
                    Last edited by claver2010; 02-01-2013, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Brown's penalty kill... lost his stick, went down and blocked two blasts from the point, and then drilled a guy at the side of the net. Yes, that was very special. I gave him a standing 'O'. I love this kids heart.

Yes, Arnold never left the ice on the VT 5 on 3. I don't think Matheson did either. Hayes and MacLeod alternated in the other D spot.

Gotta say, I wasn't happy about these lines before the game, and for the first 30 minutes. It was looking pretty bleak out there. AND... I've got sterlippo sitting behind me, yapping, no, b_i_tching away about this and that (he was ready to freakin' jump if there was a bridge in the building ) and then... bang. Two second period strikes.

I guess we can try these lines for a bit. All four played hard and had their share of controlling play.
                      I really want to see Linell score a goal. Really. Show me he can score a goal. If he was a goal scorer, he'd have had 4 easy ones last weekend against Maine. Grip that stick a little looser kid, and show me the money.
                      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        It was near the end when it was already 4-1, couldn't have been more than two minutes left. Don't think he saw the ice again but we'll see if anything comes of it.
                        Was he limping, holding his arm, whoozy? Just curious what happened.

Comment

I will say this, that fourth line was a huge surprise. What a game they had.
                          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Like the new line combinations. First line played great. Linell made a great pass to Mullane on the first goal. He fit right in. Also like Whitney with Arnold. Fourth line was really good brought a lot of energy to the game. Only line that was disappointing was the Third. Hayes played well but Silk and Straight did nothing. Hopefully they gel with time.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                              It was looking pretty bleak out there. AND... I've got sterlippo sitting behind me, yapping, no, b_i_tching away about this and that (he was ready to freakin' jump if there was a bridge in the building ) and then... bang. Two second period strikes.
                              I told you right after the PK with Brown's blocks, as we were doing the standing O thing, that that may be what was needed to ignite the team. Maybe it will be the de facto "bus ride home from Maine", the others see this guy totally giving himself up for the team and it sends a message.................I should have sat with you during last saturday night's game if you thought last night's rant was bad. Hey, I'm a spoiled BC hockey fan and i admit it....Like the wool hat? It was actually the one you lost but i cut 2 feet off it worked well, eh?

Comment

Anyone with enough knowledge of downtown San Francisco to say whether I'll have success finding NESN to see the Beanpot on Monday?

If the 49ers win tomorrow night, it will be interesting to see whether 'locals' tip over and burn 20 cars or 200. I'm right off Union Square, so whatever occurs I'll probably be witness to it.

BC beating UVM at home doesn't carry the same weight as winning the Beanpot, and unless and until that happens I won't believe this 'malaise' is truly behind them.
                                Chris V
                                Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Working...
                                X