Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Hockey, '12-'13, Volume II: #JohnnyHockey or #GaudreaubeyBaker?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Hockey, '12-'13, Volume II: #JohnnyHockey or #GaudreaubeyBaker?

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
    Looks like BC left 2012 WAY behind. As soon as the calendar changed (actually, a couple days before), so did BC's fortunes. This will send them plummeting. Although, I do recall a year where a loss to Maine was followed by a run-of-the-table to an NCAA Championship.
    BC will get swept by this trash team.

Comment

• Re: Boston College Hockey, '12-'13, Volume II: #JohnnyHockey or #GaudreaubeyBaker?

I can feel tomorrow's beatdown already. But if Maine sweeps, I swear I'll give up on them and take up the maroon and gold.
      bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
      SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
      All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
      A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
        lying face down for 18 hours a day?
        The procedure is called a pneumatic retinopexy. After repairing the tear, the opthalmologist injects the eye with a gas bubble. Looking down allows the gas bubble to press the retina against the back wall of the eye while everything heals.

Comment

***?! A home loss to UMass, followed by blowing out Northeastern at Matthews, and then another home loss to a trash Maine team? This team is absolutely schizo right now.
          The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
          BC - 12
          BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

This is unbelievable. We've never seen a schizo BC team before.

I can see us losing more games... to MC, Lowell and VT. No worries there.
            But, I'll be nervous if we lose to Harvard on 2/4. That team is decimated, but they do step it up against BC, BU, NU.
            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

the good news is jerry is only 53 losses away from setting that record too!!!
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Trying to compare this team to prior teams I just can't see it. Previous swoons were very talented teams napping or just playing dumb hockey. This team lacks talent all over the place. Top line and in net we are better than anyone. Hayes Arnold being good is irrelevant with a 400 lb anchor on their line. Speed and quickness of previous teams is not there. Cement in their heads and skates. Not a single dman is consistently reliable. 4 years of Dumoulin spoiled us there. The D is truly a mess but I still think is fixable. Forward depth, size, strength, speed... All things lacking that I don't think are fixable. 1 empty net SHG this year... Seriously? They don't generate the PPs the typically faster/quicker teams used to as well.

I will burn the house down of the next twit that says Wey is not good because he plays too many minutes. He is consistently bad early in games even on a Friday night or coming off of a long Christmas break. Give me a break.

Injury bug is something BC has avoided nicely over the last decade but this one is sticking it to them.

Need to stop playing soft and gut out some wins.
                Originally posted by reBlur
                the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                  Trying to compare this team to prior teams I just can't see it. Previous swoons were very talented teams napping or just playing dumb hockey. This team lacks talent all over the place. Top line and in net we are better than anyone. Hayes Arnold being good is irrelevant with a 400 lb anchor on their line. Speed and quickness of previous teams is not there. Cement in their heads and skates. Not a single dman is consistently reliable. 4 years of Dumoulin spoiled us there. The D is truly a mess but I still think is fixable. Forward depth, size, strength, speed... All things lacking that I don't think are fixable. 1 empty net SHG this year... Seriously? They don't generate the PPs the typically faster/quicker teams used to as well.

I will burn the house down of the next twit that says Wey is not good because he plays too many minutes. He is consistently bad early in games even on a Friday night or coming off of a long Christmas break. Give me a break.

Injury bug is something BC has avoided nicely over the last decade but this one is sticking it to them.

Need to stop playing soft and gut out some wins.
                  Not disagreeing with anything you've said, but improvement in two areas will keep us in the hunt.
                  1. tighten up the D.
                  2. stop playing soft.

Sixty minutes of hard nose hockey. That is all. We usually win when we gut it out for 60:00.
                  'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                    2. stop playing soft.
                    Then again... this is Hockey East.
                    A big hit by BC and subsequent opponent embellishment usually ends up as 5:00 and game against BC.
                    The big hit on a BC guy that usually puts the BC guy out of the game(s) ends up as 2:00 and a big kudo from the refs.
                    Gotta be careful here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mutha Fucha View Post
                      Down 2-0 to Maine in the 1st? BC is in rough shape looks like the wheels are falling off.
                      Losing to Maine is the equivalent of losing to a club team.
                      BC will get swept by this trash team.
                      Troll, let's see if you'll answer the question truthfully this time. What team do you root for?

Comment

And as for the game...

All of Hockey East is once again looking up at the Eagles. Why? Because last night BC did a great job in trying to make sure Timmy gets another year

Hopefully at least.

Anyway, Whitney should be credited with an assist on the Diamond goal. What a setup. And Milner looked foolish on that play too.

BC pressures and pressures, Maine gets a chance and it's 2-0 with a goal in the final 30 seconds of a period. Frustrating.

Same thing before Maine made it 3-0. As I said on EA, zero puck luck last night. But, you shouldn't need it against this Maine team. Hell, you shouldn't be down 3 and you shouldn't even be giving up 3 goals against them.

Last PP was a total embarrassment. You're down 3-1 with the clock winding down and nobody wants to get the puck to the net. Still looking for the fancy goal. A total lack of hockey sense from multiple players. Have to hope that this is rock bottom.

No identity right now, no consistency from anyone really. Not enough offense, not enough defense...a bad formula. The first emphasis should be on a total commitment to team defense--the forwards need to work harder because we all know the defense just isn't that good. Do that, become tough to play against and maybe you'll get that puck luck.

Comment

In all fairness, you should be able to give up 3 to this Maine team and still win handily.
                          bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                          SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                          All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                          A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Jerrys in the tank
                            Matheson is too
                            When all gets healed
                            Watchou gonna do?
                            sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              Last PP was a total embarrassment. You're down 3-1 with the clock winding down and nobody wants to get the puck to the net. Still looking for the fancy goal. A total lack of hockey sense from multiple players. Have to hope that this is rock bottom.

No identity right now, no consistency from anyone really. Not enough offense, not enough defense...a bad formula. The first emphasis should be on a total commitment to team defense--the forwards need to work harder because we all know the defense just isn't that good. Do that, become tough to play against and maybe you'll get that puck luck.
                              The worst part about Matheson being out is the negative effect on the PP. Let's be honest, his defensive play was bordering on horrendous since Christmas break but his ability to pull the trigger is needed. Last night on that last PP they had Whitney stuck on the wrong side for one timers (though he did snipe that goal from the same spot) and Mullane was up top and played hot potato and passed no less than 5 times to Hayes or Whitney on either side of him.

About the identity, I think you're absolutely right. Generally, the formula was to get to the NCAAs, focus on team defense (forwards included) and use the fast transition to put up a lot of goals. That transition game is not there this year. I'm not sure the defense is either. That has to be a concern.

That beating at the hands of Minnesota should have put up huge red flags (hindsight). Everyone chalked it up to not having Johnny Gaudreau and Alber somehow blowing his knee out in a hallway under an arena. I think it speaks to the lack of depth that these guys couldn't manage to lose by less than a touchdown without just 2 guys.

Guys need to step up. Plain and simple. That starts with Wey in my opinion.

Whitney was a dope last night. Great pass to Diamond. Dumb penalty. Both early on to help Maine build momentum.

Need a good start early tonight to help this team get going. Mentally it's a fragile situation right now.
                              Originally posted by reBlur
                              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Still think BC can kill it
                                But Jerrys gotta play Billet!
                                No time left for being fansy
                                No more play like pansy!
                                sure why not

Comment

Working...
                                X