This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Numbers View Post
    Why is mint in Manchester when the only thing I find is UNH at 9th? I am on a mobile.
    I have UNH at #8, which would normally be Quinnipiac's bracket but UNH is hosting. BC is #4 so having them play in Manchester with the weakest 2-seed is sketchy at best. Quinnipiac can't play an ECAC team, which currently occupy the 15 and 16 slots, and #7 North Dakota cannot play a WCHA team, and they occupy three of the four three seeds. It will change before the night is through but right now it is a mess.

Comment

• Re: Pairwise and Bracketology 2013 Edition

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
      Just looking through current pairwise is a mess. Minnesota in Manchester, BC, Yale and Lowell all going west...ugly.
      Gary

www.umlhockey.com
      Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
      "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
      KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
        not there yet...

------

I found that my algo is running under a second per iteration. I'm trying to decide if its worthwhile to post the code. While I'd like to keep it to myself and have it under my control at the same time I want to be able to get suitable improvements to reasonable calculate a range of things.
        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
        Skating Friar Jersey
        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

CC is making things interesting.

Comment

There are currently 7 teams tied for the last playoff spot.

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
              Can Union get an at large bid if they don't win a game in Atlantic City? Does Union need to win at least one game?
              let's just keep union winning (so they help make merrimack a tuc again )
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Priceless,

I disagree respectfully on the bracket. I believe that first priority after hosts is #1s close to home, not bracket integrity. So, I would think BC goes to Manchester. Right now, with DU and QU still playing, I would go:
                Prov: QU (1), UND(7), NoDame (9), UW (16 tie broken by RPI?)
                Rapids: Minn (2), Lowell (6), DU (10), Union (15)
                Toledo: Miami (3), Yale (5), Niagara (12), St Cloud (13)
                Manch: BC (4), UNH (8), Mankato (11), WMU (14)

But that is ugly. The entire process screams to be blown up with this combination. I would not want to be on the Committee at this point.

Comment

I think...

Clinched:
                  Quinnipiac, Minnesota, Miami, Boston College, Lowell, Yale, North Dakota

Close:
                  Mankato, Notre Dame

Bubble, still playing:
                  Niagara, St Cloud, Denver, Union, Wisconsin, Providence, Boston University

Eliminated from conference playoffs, but still alive:
                  Alaska, RPI, Western Michigan, New Hampshire, Denver

Need autobid:
                  Michigan, Ohio State, UConn, Canisius, Mercyhurst, Brown, Cornell, Colorado College

Eliminated from NCAA consideration, but still a TUC:
                  Dartmouth, Robert Morris, Ferris State, St Lawrence, Nebraska-Omaha, Holy Cross

Can still become a TUC:
                  Mercyhurst
                  Last edited by Priceless; 03-17-2013, 10:38 PM. Reason: Games went final

Comment

Originally posted by Numbers View Post
                    Priceless,

I disagree respectfully on the bracket. I believe that first priority after hosts is #1s close to home, not bracket integrity. So, I would think BC goes to Manchester. Right now, with DU and QU still playing, I would go:
                    Prov: QU (1), UND(7), NoDame (9), UW (16 tie broken by RPI?)
                    Rapids: Minn (2), Lowell (6), DU (10), Union (15)
                    Toledo: Miami (3), Yale (5), Niagara (12), St Cloud (13)
                    Manch: BC (4), UNH (8), Mankato (11), WMU (14)

But that is ugly. The entire process screams to be blown up with this combination. I would not want to be on the Committee at this point.
                    Things have changed slightly since I posted, but I would agree the committee would end up throwing bracket integrity out the window in exchange for money attendance.

Comment

QU just beat Cornell.

CC beats DU.
                      Last edited by boblav1; 03-17-2013, 10:37 PM.

Comment

CC 85 seconds away

Comment

Tigers just beat Denver

Comment

First approximation: All higher seeds win all week next week. Union and RPI In. AK, Wi, Pv, BU Out. For those who are RPI fans.

Comment

With the victory by Colorado College the cut line remains 11. As conference autobids are clinched by teams already in or on the bubble, the cut line will move towards 16. At the moment 16 is the projected cutline for the first time in NCAA history.

UNH, Notre Dame and Mankato appear to have joined the clinched list. I can still get Yale, St Cloud and Denver out.
                              Last edited by Priceless; 03-17-2013, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Easy way to explain for Ak getting in: Higher seeds win every game, except BC beats ML in the HE championship. Not sure if this extends to Pv beating ML in the semis.

Edit: The rule for this scenario is: As long as ML loses in Boston, and BC wins the HE final. This is because otherwise BU or Pv as Champion take one spot out.

More work needs to be done with this to see how far this extends. My suspicion is that as long as Wi loses on Thursday and CC does not win the WCHA, this holds.
                                Last edited by Numbers; 03-17-2013, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X