X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pairwise and Bracketology 2013 Edition

Originally posted by 5hole View Post
    True that ... but how about three from AHA? In a discussion between Connelly and Weston:
    I did have to specify "hockey league" because technically speaking, if Niagara gets an at-large and Canisius wins the AHA autobid, two MAAC teams will have made the tournament (and even further technically, Quinnipiac is set to join the MAAC next season and will be guaranteed the tourney, so that makes three).

Yeah, I am loving that idea!
    It'd be cool if someone could make a run at a second at-large, but I think everything would have to fall in line just so, and it would probably have to be Robert Morris. Like, it'd have to be: Robert Morris sweeps Mercyhurst this weekend, finishes 4th in the standings to get the best possible draw in RPI terms for their home series, sweeps that team, reaches the AHA semis and beats Niagara there, then loses the championship game.
    UConn -- Clarkson

Comment

Obviously still a lot of hockey to be played and things will change, but if the bracket were to hold up as it stands right now, I would be just fine with the draw for SCSU. Curious if the other teams in that bracket feel the same way?
      SCSU!

Comment

Originally posted by kingdobbs View Post
        I did have to specify "hockey league" because technically speaking, if Niagara gets an at-large and Canisius wins the AHA autobid, two MAAC teams will have made the tournament (and even further technically, Quinnipiac is set to join the MAAC next season and will be guaranteed the tourney, so that makes three).

It'd be cool if someone could make a run at a second at-large, but I think everything would have to fall in line just so, and it would probably have to be Robert Morris. Like, it'd have to be: Robert Morris sweeps Mercyhurst this weekend, finishes 4th in the standings to get the best possible draw in RPI terms for their home series, sweeps that team, reaches the AHA semis and beats Niagara there, then loses the championship game.
        While you guys are in fantasyland, how about the 2013 Ivy League Champions as an autobid!
        YALE HOCKEY
        2013 National Champions

Comment

Bracketology is a mess. Here is my best guess.

Code:
          1	Quinnipiac
          2	Minnesota
          3	Miami
          4	New Hampshire
          5	North Dakota
          6	Boston College
          7	Minnesota State
          8	Niagara
          9	Mass.-Lowell
          10	Western Michigan
          11	St. Cloud State
          12	Denver
          13	Dartmouth
          14	Notre Dame
          15	Yale
          16	Rensselaer
          Code:
          Manchester (UNH)		Providence (Brown)		Toledo (BGSU)		Grand Rapids (Michigan)
          New Hamp			Quinnipiac			Miami			Minnesota
          Boston C			Mankato			        Niagara			N Dakota
          Denver			        Lowell			        St Cloud	        W Michigan
          Dartmouth			Notre Dame			Yale			Rensselaer

Comment

priceless unh sits 4th now after BC loss , unh next two weeks plays no tuc s .... they cant go up in there power can they go down if they lose to a non tuc .

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
              Bracketology is a mess. Here is my best guess.

Code:
              1	Quinnipiac
              2	Minnesota
              3	Miami
              4	New Hampshire
              5	North Dakota
              6	Boston College
              7	Minnesota State
              8	Niagara
              9	Mass.-Lowell
              10	Western Michigan
              11	St. Cloud State
              12	Denver
              13	Dartmouth
              14	Notre Dame
              15	Yale
              16	Rensselaer
              Code:
              Manchester (UNH)		Providence (Brown)		Toledo (BGSU)		Grand Rapids (Michigan)
              New Hamp			Quinnipiac			Miami			Minnesota
              Boston C			Mankato			        Niagara			N Dakota
              Denver			        Lowell			        St Cloud	        W Michigan
              Dartmouth			Notre Dame			Yale			Rensselaer
              Now is not the time to get burnt out, put on your big girl panties and stick with it Man!
              YALE HOCKEY
              2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by unh1982 View Post
                priceless unh sits 4th now after BC loss , unh next two weeks plays no tuc s .... they cant go up in there power can they go down if they lose to a non tuc .
                Don't worry - we can absolutely screw this up. While our TUC record is secure (I don't think there are any other relevant teams at the cusp of becoming a TUC), there are a couple of other things that could bring us down. Once of the h2h factors is the RPI rating. 25% of RPI is our overall record, and 21% of it is the overall record of our opponents. Basically, we can screw this up, but so can the other teams we've played.

Not only would losing to the Lowell rejects and UMO hurt our RPI, it can also harm our Common opponents ranking - particularly against other folks from HEA - namely BC and Lowell, being the 2 next conference buddies in the pairwise.
                Hit Somebody!

Comment

Originally posted by Umileated View Post
                  Don't worry - we can absolutely screw this up. While our TUC record is secure (I don't think there are any other relevant teams at the cusp of becoming a TUC), there are a couple of other things that could bring us down. Once of the h2h factors is the RPI rating. 25% of RPI is our overall record, and 21% of it is the overall record of our opponents. Basically, we can screw this up, but so can the other teams we've played.

Not only would losing to the Lowell rejects and UMO hurt our RPI, it can also harm our Common opponents ranking - particularly against other folks from HEA - namely BC and Lowell, being the 2 next conference buddies in the pairwise.
                  oh im aware we will screw this up , we do have inside track with all 4 games at home , but that means sh@$

Comment

oh im aware we will screw this up , we do have inside track with all 4 games at home , but that means sh@$
                    I also failed to mention that while the TUC component of UNH's comparisons can't go down, it also can't go up. I haven't looked through each individual matchup, but it's possible that we could be winning a comparison due to that category today, and lose it after the next couple of weekends due to the other team in the comparison winning things.
                    Hit Somebody!

Comment

Its not a question of if or when, it is how crushing will it be?
                      UNH Wildcats

1985 Women's Lacrosse Division I National Champions

So much for empty trophy cases

Comment

I don't know...I would just feel bad karma if we had to play Minnesota.

I was at that 0-3 game in 1995 (Madison, WI).
                        JPC '96

Comment

Has anyone heard anything from John Whelan about his slack.net site?

At one time, I had his user name for this board, but I lost it. That site is so handy for working out possibilities in the round of 8 part of the conference playoffs. Collegehockeynews is ok right now, but it doesn't allow as much customizing in the playoffs. slack.net is very handy.

Anyone know anything?

Comment

Originally posted by Numbers View Post
                            Has anyone heard anything from John Whelan about his slack.net site?

At one time, I had his user name for this board, but I lost it. That site is so handy for working out possibilities in the round of 8 part of the conference playoffs. Collegehockeynews is ok right now, but it doesn't allow as much customizing in the playoffs. slack.net is very handy.

Anyone know anything?
                            He posted on eLynah on this thread about his ECAC scripts. See the post at February 25, 2013 05:52PM
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

http://www.elynah.com/tbrw/tbrw.cgi?2013/ecac.cgi
                              YALE HOCKEY
                              2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                                Now is not the time to get burnt out, put on your big girl panties and stick with it Man!
                                On paper, Quinnipiac has the toughest bracket here but part of that is unavoidable because three ECAC teams occupy #4 seeds. The #2 seeds are moved as well as the #3 seeds because of attendance issues. The brackets should be

Code:
                                Manchester (UNH)		Providence (Brown)	Toledo (BGSU)		Grand Rapids (Michigan)
                                New Hamp			Quinnipiac		Miami			Minnesota
                                N Dakota			Niagara			Boston C		Mankato
                                Lowell			        Denver			St Cloud		W Michigan
                                Dartmouth			Notre Dame		Yale			Rensselaer
                                Manchester is packed, Providence's only draw is the Q, Toledo only has Miami and Grand Rapids only has Western. In the new brackets, Manchester is still loaded, but Providence adds Lowell, Toledo adds a "local" team in Niagara (not that it'll be a huge boost to attendance) and Grand Rapids has Western as well as both Minnesota and North Dakota. Maybe those two fan bases will travel to Michigan, especially for a potential Gopher-Whoiux final that will end the rivalry in style.

Comment

Working...
                                X