NMU @ SCSU: Remember last time... when you guys... in the NCAAs.... :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NMU @ SCSU: Remember last time... when you guys... in the NCAAs.... :D

Northern coming off getting sweep at LSSU in which they scored one goal, SCSU just split with RPI.

I think NMU comes out rusty, I just hope they stay rusty on Saturday as I believe I will be in the building Saturday night.

And for those who forgot about the last time these two met:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Jo6Sge_hak'
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Re: NMU @ SCSU: Remember last time... when you guys... in the NCAAs....

I will be there on Sat for the game, as will some others. Looking forward to it.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      I will be there on Sat for the game, as will some others. Looking forward to it.
      What time is Val's?

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
        What time is Val's?
        I hope to be there around 3ish. Have to talk with the others....
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Since when does NMU get all these good OOC games?

What time is Val's?
          So jealous. I want a pile of those fries right effing now. Hell with the burgers.

Comment

not to rain on our one shining moment in a sea of NCAA misery and disappointment, but didn't we play them last year on the road?
            This is THE State of Hockey. Check your teams roster. I bet there are some Minnesotans on it
            www.***********/johnnyredshoes

Comment

If I can make it by 3 I have broken speed restrictions in several states

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyredshoes View Post
                not to rain on our one shining moment in a sea of NCAA misery and disappointment, but didn't we play them last year on the road?
                I have been drinking, must you rain on my parade?

Comment

I will be bringing some friends from Germany to one of these games if they want to come. I don't think they have really watched hockey before. An SCSU sweep would be nice to make their time worth it. Maybe I will take them to Saturday's game just in case

Comment

Originally posted by Husky13 View Post
                    I will be bringing some friends from Germany to one of these games if they want to come. I don't think they have really watched hockey before. An SCSU sweep would be nice to make their time worth it. Maybe I will take them to Saturday's game just in case
                    They'll feel right at home in the bunker you guys call an arena.

Comment

I am still debating if I want to go up there for the Saturday game.
                      Originally posted by Skeeterman
                      Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                      "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Ahhh- these two teams met last year in Marquette w NMU winning 5-2 / 3-2.
                        "Zero Manipulation"

Comment

Northern coming off getting sweep at LSSU in which they scored one goal, SCSU just split with RPI.

I think NMU comes out rusty, I just hope they stay rusty on Saturday as I believe I will be in the building Saturday night.

I thought I had washed the memories of Chris Hepp out of my brain. After that clip, they all came rushing back. Blech.
                          Last edited by Tipsy McStagger; 12-30-2012, 11:41 AM.
                          Originally posted by SJHovey
                          Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                          Originally posted by Brenthoven
                          We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

They'll feel right at home in the bunker you guys call an arena.
                            Can we get someone of authority to designate the NHC as the biggest fallout shelter in central MN?
                            Originally posted by SJHovey
                            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                            Originally posted by Brenthoven
                            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Montelena View Post
                              Ahhh- these two teams met last year (10-14 & 15 2011) in Marquette w NMU winning 5-2 / 3-2.
                              Thank you Montelena. It may not be the same this year but the last time these two teams met:

Northern-Michigan-tops-St--Cloud-State-5-2-in-home-opener-behind--A-Team

and

Northern-Michigan-sweeps-St--Cloud-State-with-group-offensive-effort

Hope NMU can rebound a little in the second half by starting out strong against an SCSU team that has fared well so far this season.
                              NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Working...
                              X