Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13 (Part II)

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    Is googleable a new word?
    Ask Ralph, he used it first - and my uncertainty as to its legitimacy led to the use of quotes.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

have to agree that Jake Soffer will fill the role of 3rd goalie. He was however chosen for this years All-Star squad... http://bostonbandits.com/news.php?news_id=692843
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        More research coming.
        C'mon RB, that's two straight recruits you've been scooped on ! Get with it...
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
          Ask Ralph, he used it first - and my uncertainty as to its legitimacy led to the use of quotes.
          Seriously, I googled the word "googleable" before I used it.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
            C'mon RB, that's two straight recruits you've been scooped on ! Get with it...
            I don't think I got Prapavessis either, but I am too lazy to check.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
              have to agree that Jake Soffer will fill the role of 3rd goalie. He was however chosen for this years All-Star squad... http://bostonbandits.com/news.php?news_id=692843
              He is a distinct improvement over any third goalie we have had since 03-04 when we had Marsters, Kurk, and Martin except for this season.
              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 02-12-2013, 01:53 PM.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Dat's dah team dat der Joe Mauer yusta play for, yah, you betcha.
                And Paul Molitor for those of us a bit older.
                ....and Ryan McDonagh..........OK, so I'm watching MSG's Beginnings or else I wouldn't know
                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Heisenberg hasn't added Soffer yet, but he has shown up on collegehockeyinc.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Heisenberg hasn't added Soffer yet, but he has shown up on collegehockeyinc.
                    They also list Fornaris as a '15 enrollee (which was also my guess), while Heisenberg has him for '14.

Comment

Someone asked a while back about which dmen are right- and which are left-hand shots. collegehockeyinc's depth chart page has the info if you click on each player. I don't know how trustwothy it is considering how many other apparent errors there are, for example the years for Reno amd Melanson and the spelling of DeVito.
                      Last edited by Ralph Baer; 02-13-2013, 07:29 AM.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Someone asked a while back about which dmen are right- and which are left-hand shots. collegehockeyinc's depth chart page has the info if you click on each player. I don't know how trustwothy it is considering how many other apparent errors they are, for example the years for Reno amd Melanson and the spelling of DeVito.
                        It's better than nothing. Obviously my biggest concern is that we're getting a good mix of dexterity, since there are times when you want a right-handed player, and times when you want a left-handed player. A good example is the butterfly PP setup video that was linked earlier (maybe in another thread). If we can have the butterfly along with some good motion (especially if a defender or two is playing a match-up style to cover a specific person they're expecting to take the shot), we can make sure to be tactically advantageous.

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                          They also list Fornaris as a '15 enrollee (which was also my guess), while Heisenberg has him for '14.
                          Since he could well be another "weapon," the question is, when does it make sense to start his four years? The 2014-15 team may shape up to be extremely good (this years sophomores will be seniors) - should Fornaris be a potential replacement for, say, Matt Tinordi, or for Ryan Haggerty?
                          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Since he could well be another "weapon," the question is, when does it make sense to start his four years? The 2014-15 team may shape up to be extremely good (this years sophomores will be seniors) - should Fornaris be a potential replacement for, say, Matt Tinordi, or for Ryan Haggerty?
                            I originally pictured him as a replacement for Rogic. I suspect however that SA doesn't look for replacements per se and rather goes for the best players available in broad categories. He certainly could be a 2015, rather than a 2014, recruit, but given his age, he could be either. Certainly he could benefit from a year in the USHL, as could any recruit.

BTW, Fornaris' game started at 1 PM today.

Edit: A tweeter that hedges his bets on when Fornaris will arrive https://***********/NEHockeyDaily/st...69084508954625.
                            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 02-13-2013, 12:50 PM.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Seth has to keep eyes wide open. Kasdorf will leave after junior season if not after soph year I hope not Winnipeg will throw $$$ at him. Also haggerty after his junior year probably.
                              I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                                Seth has to keep eyes wide open. Kasdorf will leave after junior season if not after soph year I hope not Winnipeg will throw $$$ at him. Also haggerty after his junior year probably.
                                I agree that those two, and a couple of others, could leave early, and SA has to stockpile talent in case they do. I don't think that Soffer is regarded as a Kasdorf replacement.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X