Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13 (Part II)

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    At times, but that could have been the case before. Two were allowed to be out before. What this will allow is everyone to be out during breaks.
    Another poorly crafted rule from an institution known for them. How do they propose to enforce ?
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Saw this tweet from the North Dakota SID last night. "A reminder that it is a violation of NCAA rules for fans to mention, or communicate with, recruits via Twitter. #pleasestop #rulesarerules" It was then followed up by UND fans telling him pretty much to shove it and that the NCAA wont do anything about. Just a heads up for our fans. I would post it in the regular season thread but people might get mad (looking at you Ralph and FlagDUDE )
      Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
        here's the link to watch (Melanson is #24 for the West)....http://ushl.fasthockey.com/login.php..........wow, not many fans there.
        Not surprising. All Star games seem to be a thing of the past in general. But as far as the players are concerned, the question is how many scouts are there.

BTW, Melanson has an assist.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
          Saw this tweet from the North Dakota SID last night. "A reminder that it is a violation of NCAA rules for fans to mention, or communicate with, recruits via Twitter. #pleasestop #rulesarerules" It was then followed up by UND fans telling him pretty much to shove it and that the NCAA wont do anything about. Just a heads up for our fans. I would post it in the regular season thread but people might get mad (looking at you Ralph and FlagDUDE )
          I only get mad when people post things here in error. I also don't like it when people post about alums in any thread except the alumni thread, but ...
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Not surprising. All Star games seem to be a thing of the past in general. But as far as the players are concerned, the question is how many scouts are there.

BTW, Melanson has an assist.
            Exactly-this is all about exposure and the right people getting a good look. Jen and I found out earlier today that we have one friend attending this game for that exact reason.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
              Another poorly crafted rule from an institution known for them. How do they propose to enforce ?
              If everyone can be out, they don't have to do anything. The problem is if it is limited.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                Exactly-this is all about exposure and the right people getting a good look. Jen and I found out earlier today that we have one friend attending this game for that exact reason.
                At least as opposed to professional AS games, one would expect the players to be trying hard and playing defense, and not the 17-15 hockey AS games one often gets now.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

from what I've seen so far in this game I'm quite impressed not only with Melanson's skating but with his physical game.....especially when he's camped out in front of the net.....that's not something I expected to see.
                  Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

from what I've seen so far in this game I'm quite impressed not only with Melanson's skating but with his physical game.....especially when he's camped out in front of the net.....that's not something I expected to see.
                    Thanks for the scouting report. I am not watching.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

On Wednesday, the USHL Team West defeated the USHL Team East 2-1. Drew Melanson had an assist. http://ushl2011.stats.pointstreak.co...gameid=2131355

Melanson's line is now 1-0-1-1-0.

(Evan Tironese is playing later.)
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

ET with 1 goal...#3 Star in AV's 3-1 loss......http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/hockey_bo...3081&link=bchl
                        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

On Wednesday, the Alberni Valley Bulldogs lost to the Nanaimo Clippers 3-1. Evan Tironese scored Alberni's only goal. He was named #3 star. http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/hockey_bo...3081&link=bchl

Tironese's line is now 35-12-20-32-34.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Code:
                             # Name                Ps commitm. Team (League)                   Year  DOB      Ht    Wt  Hometown             Gm- G- A-  P- PM Next Gm
                            23 Riley Bourbonnais * LC 09/18/11 Cedar Rapids RoughRiders (USHL) 2013  08/08/93 5'10" 190 Rochester NY         17- 7- 9- 16-  8 traded
                            23                                 Sioux City Musketeers (USHL)                                                  16- 9- 6- 15- 26 traded
                            14                                 Lincoln Stars (USHL)                                                           3- 0- 1-  1-  2 01/25/13
                                                                                                                        total                36-16-16- 32- 36
                            20 Jimmy DeVito        RW 01/10/12 Lincoln Stars (USHL)            2013  04/02/94 5'10" 165 Bloomingdale IL      33- 3- 4-  7- 80 01/25/13
                            22 Charles Manley      LD 12/19/11 Selects Hockey Academy (USEHL)  2014  07/16/96 5'09" 155 Orchard Park NY       0- 0- 0-  0-  0 01/26/13 no stats
                            26                                 Waterloo Black Hawks (USHL)                                                    4- 0- 2-  2-  2
                            27 Drew Melanson #*    LW 01/28/11 Omaha Lancers (USHL)            2013  01/10/95 5'10" 160 Paramus NJ           34- 6- 8- 14-  2 01/25/13
                             5 Parker Reno #       RD 11/12/12 Edina H.S.(Lake Conf)           2013  01/20/95 6'01" 195 Edina, MN            17- 1-12- 13- 14 01/24/13
                            15 Evan Tironese       LW 05/01/12 Alberni Valley Bulldogs (BCHL)  2014  08/02/95 5'09" 163 Qualicum Beach BC    35-12-20- 32- 34 01/26/13
                            26 Jake Wood #*        LW 01/10/11 Lincoln Stars (USHL)            2013  08/06/93 5'07" 160 Georgetown ON        33- 8-10- 18- 95 01/25/13
                            Women
                            11 Hannah Behounek #*   D 06/01/12 Minnetonka H.S. (Lake Conf)     2013  xx/xx/9x x'xx" xxx Minnetonka, MN       19- 4- 3-  7-  4 01/24/13
                            15 Laura Horwood *      F 11/29/12 Durham West Lightning (PWHL)    2013  05/20/95 5'06" 135 Belleville, ON       27-13-10- 23- 20 01/25/13
                                                                                                                        nonleague games      17-12-12- 24-  x
                                                                                                                        total                44-25-22- 47-  x
                            15                                 Ontario Team Blue                                                              5- 0- 1-  1-  0 
                            13 Katie Rooney *       F 08/05/12 Buffalo H.S. (Mississippi 8)    2013  xx/xx/9x x'xx" xxx Buffalo, MN          22-32-26- 58- 12 01/25/13

* In the RPI directory
                            # Known to have signed Letter of Intent
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Turk-We saw very little of any physical game down here in NJ and in fact, that was our only concern. Thanks for the feedback. Skating has never been a problem-he moves effortlessly at a pace that others can barely match and then suddenly has the ability to just move it up a notch and pull away from the rest. I will have a full report in a couple days. Having seen his former teammate, Alex Hagerty at Delbarton, I really wish we had a chance at thisi kid too. Not nearly as fast, but bigger, stronger and a consistent scorer that we have yet to see any opposing team keep off the scoreboard. I have tried to find out what I can but no one has any information as to a commitment anywhere. Delbarton is mortal this year (seemingly) with a little less depth but Baiocco, Hagerty and Melnick make for quite a high school level threat. I always though Melnick was just going to be too small for Division I but he has added a little size and now looks like he should be a handful for the oposition. The Ivies just continue to follow this team and cherry pick players. Yale and Princeton are represented at virtually every game. I know, it's New Jersey and not Minnesota, but most of these kids end up playing extremely well at the NCAA level.
                              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

On Wednesday, the USHL Team West defeated the USHL Team East 2-1. Drew Melanson had an assist. http://ushl2011.stats.pointstreak.co...gameid=2131355

Melanson's line is now 1-0-1-1-0.
                                Uh...
                                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Working...
                                X