Happy Festivus ... Airing of Grievances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Festivus ... Airing of Grievances

Besides Kruger's company, what stinks in college hockey. Here are mine.

1. Four different locations for regionals. I suggest going back to a location out west and in the east. Northeast and Midwest semis Friday, East and West semis saturday. Regional Finals on Sunday. Give me St. Paul, Detroit and Denver out west and Worcester, Albany and Providence in the East. Six games three days at one location would be great.
    2. Conference tourneys- Atlantic Hockey: Rochester , Big 10 : Detroit and St. Paul (rotate), ECAC : Lake Placid, Hockey East: Boston, NCHC : Denver and St. Paul (Denver when Big 10 in St. Paul), WCHA : Grand Rapids
    3. WCHA or Atlantic Hockey accept Alabama Huntsville. Find another team to even out DI. If it is a west school UAH goes Atlantic if east goes into WCHA.
    4. Every league should have a committee to watch refs. Get rid of refs that are bad.
    5. Dump ESPN from the NCAA tournament. I hate how Barry Melrose only talks about kids who got drafted that he knows nothing about.
    6. Hockey East should have a weekly highlight show on NESN. One can only watch so many episodes of Charlie Moore.
    7. Not every team should make its conference tourament. Make the regular season important for those bottom team.
    8. No one on the forum can say their conference is the best. Some CCHA fan said it last year and two days later they had one team left in the NCAAs.
    9. With 60 teams in college hockey, there should be 15 tournaments after Christmas.
    10. Every college should have directions from their rink to the best bar / brew pub in their area so I wouldn't have to find one.

I'm all set with the Feats of Strength, I will BU BC fans and NoDak Minny fans battle that out.
    Rinks Visited
    DCU Center
    Tulley Forum
    TD Garden
    Tsongas Arena
    J. Thom Lawler Arena
    Conte Forum
    Whittemore Center
    Agganis Arena
    Verizon Center
    Gutterson Fieldhouse
    Matthews Arena
    Thompson Arena
    Mullins Center
    Alfond Arena
    Schneider Arena
    Magness Arena
    Ingallas Arena
    Hart Center
    Prudential Center
    TD Bank Sports Center
    John A Ryan
    Lynah Rink
    Appleton Arena
    Cheel Arena
    Germain Arena
    XL Center
    Class of 1965 Arena

Re: Happy Festivus ... Airing of Grievances

NCHC haters. Hyper critical and always (the true) butthurt ones.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

NCAA regional tickets are waayy too expensive. I'm in college. I can't afford 87 dollars for three games.
      Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Bandwagon fans
        2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
        2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
        2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
        2010 Frozen Four participant
        2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

The fans who want their coach fired.
          Originally posted by SJHovey
          Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
          Originally posted by Brenthoven
          We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
            The fans who want their coach fired.
            the coach who the fans who want their coach fired, want fired

Comment

Originally posted by MCgrad07 View Post
              1. Four different locations for regionals. I suggest going back to a location out west and in the east. Northeast and Midwest semis Friday, East and West semis saturday. Regional Finals on Sunday. Give me St. Paul, Detroit and Denver out west and Worcester, Albany and Providence in the East. Six games three days at one location would be great.
              Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
              NCAA regional tickets are waayy too expensive.
              Nice job guys. And I totally agree.

While we're at it, why don't we address the foolish NCAA practice of putting hosting + no 1st round intra-conference matchups ahead of the concerns of a #1 seed that potentially gets bumped because of this out of whack priority.
              Originally posted by reBlur
              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Get rid of all the unwelcome stoppages of play that were non-existent a few years ago. These have disrupted the flow of games.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                  Nice job guys. And I totally agree.

While we're at it, why don't we address the foolish NCAA practice of putting hosting + no 1st round intra-conference matchups ahead of the concerns of a #1 seed that potentially gets bumped because of this out of whack priority.
                  Agreed on all counts.

Also, ESPN should give up control of regional NCAA games if they are not going to show them live.

Comment

Left out an important one.

Please, somebody find a home for Alabama-Huntsville. Sad that this has to rise to the level of a "grievance".

Comment

Joe Bertagna.

Comment

Just the entire conference realignment. Ain't nothing gonna change it, and I think it was at least partly inevitable once Penn St announced it was adding hockey...but it all still just sucks.

EDIT:
                        I have to agree on the price of NCAA Regional tickets as well. Way too overpriced. I'll pay whatever I have to in order to see MN play if they are in the Twin Cities, but I am (along with most people on this board) far more devout than a lot of college hockey fans.
                        Seems to me the NCAA could figure something out that would give them comparable profit and allow more fans to experience the game live.
                        Last edited by Stauber1; 12-23-2012, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post

Please, somebody find a home for Alabama-Huntsville. Sad that this has to rise to the level of a "grievance".
                          Your team could have lobbied to have UAH join that shiny new league your school helped create for next season. Why didn't they?
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                            Your team could have lobbied to have UAH join that shiny new league your school helped create for next season. Why didn't they?
                            That conference is only for the "haves." Even if a few of them have only held that status for a season.
                            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post

MCgrad got that as his/her no. 3 above.

Also, besides not being allowed to post anything about one's conference being best, the same should apply to not being allowed to post anything about one's team being best. This last grievance applies to particular Gophers and Eagles fans.

Comment

Working...
                              X