No announcement yet.

Has UND lost in conference realignment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Has UND lost in conference realignment?

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    Really? A lot of things factor into building a successful hockey program...a nickname is not one of them.

It's no longer "realignment". It's here. It is now "alignment". Stop worrying about it and move forward.
    Agree, if you walk through the arena, it appears as if UND is still the Fighting Sioux. 1,000's Fighting Sioux Jersey's. #rolltribe
    Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
    Eric's Twitter
    The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
      This is a somewhat ridiculous statement given the bulk of the teams in the NCHC were well established and showing some quality results in their former conferences.
      That's my point. To spell it out a bit more clearly, my hypothesis is that old WCHA was a better conference than the new NCHC is. Therefore, as the new conference isn't as good, the recruiting at these schools will suffer. Perhaps I am wrong. It is testable though. We must wait until the schools all have rosters recruited to play in the NCHC against NCHC teams, not in the WCHA against schools like Minnesota and Wisconsin.
      #NewMass

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
        Let me get this straight.

They've lost their identity and mystique because they are no longer called "The Fighting Sioux"?
        Nope, not hardly...
        Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
        Eric's Twitter
        The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
          Winning is the ultimate antidote. If UND wins, the fans will be there. Their fans are white. They shouldn't care about the logo.
          I'm a UND fan and not white. I will always be there.
          "My greatest achievement."
          Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

How can you lose when you're part of the greatest college hockey conference ever????
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              How can you lose when you're part of the greatest college hockey conference ever????
              You really need a hug, don't you? You're a bigger sourpuss than Old Pio. Never happy about anything and grumpy about everything.
              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Just saw this thread.

UND hockey has already lost a bit of it's luster. Too bad really. We talk a lot of college hockey at the local rink and there's hardly a mention of UND. I used to follow them closely, even went to the arena a couple of times. Now, I couldn't tell you who they play, what their record is, or two players on their roster. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Tuuk View Post
                  Just saw this thread.

UND hockey has already lost a bit of it's luster. Too bad really. We talk a lot of college hockey at the local rink and there's hardly a mention of UND. I used to follow them closely, even went to the arena a couple of times. Now, I couldn't tell you who they play, what their record is, or two players on their roster. Oh well.
                  Could that be because you are a fan of a team in a different conference now? I know you think you and your rodent buddies are important but rest assured, NoDak's program will be just fine without you.

Comment

UND's status in the hockey universe began to erode when Happy began his relentless attacks about "overage Canadians" and a treeless landscape. You can laugh all you want, but once UND stops kicking other teams' azzes, those sick jokes begin to gain purchase with all those slow-witted people in places like St. Cloud, Mpls, and Madison. Throw in consistently bad officiating and you have a potentially ugly situation. Pretty soon UND will be languishing in mediocrity along with schools with only 4 or 5 banners. Hak himself can throw me in the Red if that ever happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                      You really need a hug, don't you? You're a bigger sourpuss than Old Pio. Never happy about anything and grumpy about everything.
                      I think taking a look at his glass pokes holes in that argument. It's all relative anyways so I'm not sure how much more excited one can be. So I think you're hoping to get that hug and hope some of that positive spin rubs off on you.

Comment

Originally posted by Sioux_fan View Post
                        there had even been rumors of Miami and Western Michigan being unhappy with the travel in the NCHC. .
                        As a WMU fan I have not heard anything about administration being unhappy with the travel in the NCHC. They knew what they were getting into when they chose to hope to be asked to join. At least we don't have to go to Alaska anymore! (even though we still did for some reason)

Comment

• Originally posted by Golden Tuuk View Post
                          Just saw this thread.

Even during a year when UND's talent is lacking and they aren't ranked they bring in more than 10k fans per game which is more than I can say for UMTC. The "we talk a lot of college hockey at the local rink" guys that aren't mentioning UND are about as useful as a pimple on my hind quarters. Just keep "Oooh yeah there" and "Jeez" 'n your way through the season and the rest of us will actually attend our respective team's games.
                          "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                          Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                          The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                          Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                            Throw in consistently bad officiating
                            I feel like this will cause the UND hockey program to fold based on how much I hear about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                              Even during a year when UND's talent is lacking and they aren't ranked they bring in more than 10k fans per game which is more than I can say for UMTC. The "we talk a lot of college hockey at the local rink" guys that aren't mentioning UND are about as useful as a pimple on my hind quarters. Just keep "Oooh yeah there" and "Jeez" 'n your way through the season and the rest of us will actually attend our respective team's games.
                              In all fairness, our arena only has a capacity of 10,000. And when you have the nation's richest TV coverage, it's splitting hairs when talking about attendance. There is good reason UMN leads the NCAA in revenue annually, regardless of attendance.
                              @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                              On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                              High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                                In all fairness, our arena only has a capacity of 10,000. And when you have the nation's richest TV coverage, it's splitting hairs when talking about attendance. There is good reason UMN leads the NCAA in revenue annually, regardless of attendance.
                                Stealing money from the Marriucci concession stands?
                                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Working...
                                X