Great Lakes Invitational goes back INSIDE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Great Lakes Invitational goes back INSIDE

I am thoroughly embarrassed by the actions of our player.... I think the bronco's played a pretty clean game otherwise. This was our tournament to lose and did we ever lose it...

Great Job Tech you earned the win and are completely deserving of the trophy. The banter between the band and the lunatics was fun, hopefully our teams will meet again in the near future.
    Whiney Ferris Knuckle-dragger:"You're exactly right, the WMU students & fans are out of control. The Lawson Lunatics are a bunch of wild animals with zero class or civility"

Comment

I don't think I've ever seen an all tourney team missing a state and Michigan player...

So excited for the program and Mel's emotions during the post game shows you he understands what this means. Huge leap forward and a massive monkey off the back of the program.

First time ever for back to back shutouts. Way to win them in style boys.
      MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

If I had to guess, there are going to be some Tech fans out there that are going to have hangovers that will last em til Winter Carnival.

Congrats Tech!!!
        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Congrats Huskies.
          "I find that the most trouble encountered with quotes on the internet is figuring out their authenticity"
          -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
            Hope to hear that the player from WMU get's at least a game suspension, should be 2+ imo though. But, other things are more important...

MICHIGAN TECH 2012 GLI CHAMPIONS!!
            He was given a 5 minute major and a DQ. That means he misses a game. Not like they'll miss him. He's only played five games and is -3.
            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
              Looking forward to that (currently rumored) home and home series next year with tech.
              Don't believe it. That 62 minute flight is pretty cumbersome.
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by bluevox View Post
                Congrats, Tech. Well done.
                Happy for Mel, Billy Muckalt and Steve Shields, too.

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                  So awesome, and what makes it even better is that to get it we had to beat Michigan, never a bad weekend when Michigan loses, but having it be us who beat them and then winning the championship, it does not get better than that.
                  Glad that we have set the bar so high. I guess losing to Tech once every 12 years is acceptable.

Comment

Who will be the 4th team in the GLI next year? A michigan team? Please let it not be western
                    Huskys all the way

Comment

• Re: Great Lakes Invitational goes back INSIDE

I found it funny that both UM and Western lost their composure with the punch from the bench and the brutal check from behind.

Yet when our one line teams could not compete and lose on average 4-2 Tech did not resort to Such tactics.

Get used to Tech competing hard at the GLI - the realignment will not change that fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Thecalkid View Post
                        Who will be the 4th team in the GLI next year? A michigan team? Please let it not be western
                        DU is scheduled, but I would assume the Winter Classic will be back in Ann Arbor and they will put the GLI at Comerica and have WMU come a year earlier. They are currently scheduled for 2014.
                        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                          DU is scheduled, but I would assume the Winter Classic will be back in Ann Arbor and they will put the GLI at Comerica and have WMU come a year earlier. They are currently scheduled for 2014.
                          I am freaked out how you answered this question six minutes before it was asked.
                          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                            I am freaked out how you answered this question six minutes before it was asked.
                            Shoot eh😜
                            Huskys all the way

Comment

• Originally posted by Thecalkid View Post
                              Shoot eh😜
                              Me and biddco are good buds he decided to answer my question before it was stared so then people would perceive him as smart right?
                              Huskys all the way

Comment

Man, I love watching the smaller schools nut-punch the Big Schools in this last year of the CCHA!

Watching UM and Western players lose it at the end of both games was priceless, too. UM was truly shocked a UP school would not just hand them the win at the beginning of the game, just because it is such an honor to be on the same ice as a a Big Ten school.
                                Last edited by Neil Diamond; 12-31-2012, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X