Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI @ SCSU (Thursday 12/27 & Friday 12/28)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI @ SCSU (Thursday 12/27 & Friday 12/28)

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
    If you don't know Bo, you don't know Diddley
    Is that Bo Dolan (RPI '14)?
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by The Exiled One View Post
      That's brilliant! I'm going to use the same strategy but instead target Super 8 motels.
      What would you get out of 89? 69 I understand 89 I do not. What am I missing?

Comment

Originally posted by Stay@homeDad View Post
        What would you get out of 89? 69 I understand 89 I do not. What am I missing?
        89 is so dirty it can't even be explained without taking a shower afterwords.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          Is that Bo Dolan (RPI '14)?
          no
          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
            I hope you aren't talking about the Motel 6 near the trailer park over in Waite Park. I feel bad for anyone that had to stay there. Not to mention it is nowhere near downtown or the NHC.
            It might be. IIRC, it was bbdl/MNS/BPH and they wanted the cheapest room they could find (and cab it if necessary). It was something like $40/night.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
              I hope you aren't talking about the Motel 6 near the trailer park over in Waite Park. I feel bad for anyone that had to stay there. Not to mention it is nowhere near downtown or the NHC.
              Staying at a hotel in Waite Park when planning on being in downtown St. Cloud all weekend is like going to the Final Five and getting a place in Hopkins.

Not distance-wise, mind you. Common sense-wise.
              St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                Staying at a hotel in Waite Park when planning on being in downtown St. Cloud all weekend is like going to the Final Five and getting a place in Hopkins.

Read the hotel guests' names again.....just saying....
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  Read the hotel guests' names again.....just saying....
                  Good point. Wonder if the cab rides balanced out the cost of nicer/closer lodging.

Comment

Good point. Wonder if the cab rides balanced out the cost of nicer/closer lodging.
                    Probably would be cheaper in the long run. IIRC it was a $75 limo ride to and from Sugar Daddy's, limo hired at Red Carpet (thanks, bbdl ). So a cab from Waite Park to DT should be much cheaper (and IIRC, Kelly Inn runs around 100/night?).

Comment

Wanted cheap lodging...but took a limo to Sugar Daddy's.

Comment

Depends on what part of Waite Park. If you're closer to St. John's, then yeah, but when you're in eastern Waite Park you might as well be in St. Cloud. Cabs are way cheap from there.
                        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Wanted cheap lodging...but took a limo to Sugar Daddy's.
                          No, I mean the cab ride from the hotel that year would be cheaper than the limo ride we took the next year (where we stayed at the Kelly Inn). I have no clue how far away the hotel is from the arena.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                            If YOU don't know we would have to ask Skeets.....
                            It's wherever you find it.
                            Bob is making me concerned
                            I am the voice of reason

Comment

If any SCSU fans want to watch RPI games from earlier this year, home games are available on the RPI-TV website http://rpitv.org/categories/7-ice-hockey.

Yale has also posted the RPI game at Yale http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9_O5F7mqXU. If you watch this, you may want to turn off the sound. They butchered the pronunciation of most of the names of the RPI players. It was pretty much agreed that Adlon Adams might be nice to look at, but she was hard to listen to. Being from Minnesota and having played defense for Blake, she probably does know something about the game. (Also about the first 6 minutes just shows the logo.)
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Might have to stay in Hopkins this year. Hotels downtown for the final five are already all booked up if you want a room with two beds.
                                Originally posted by SJHovey
                                Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                                Originally posted by Brenthoven
                                We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Working...
                                X