Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI @ SCSU (Thursday 12/27 & Friday 12/28)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI @ SCSU (Thursday 12/27 & Friday 12/28)

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    If you don't go to Val's you haven't been to St. Cloud.
    This. And add The Red Carpet to that statement, too.

Usually, when I head to St, Clooud for the night, it's Val's at 3ish, Dugout for pregame, game, then Carpet. No, Sugar Daddies is not part of the agenda. It only happened once! And that's because bbdl already paid for the limo there and back!

Also, if I wasn't heading up there for the NMU series (Sat only), I'd consider this one, just for the helluva it.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
      MC's is across the street also and that will get you a free bus ride
      Only true for busy games, there won't be a shuttle for the RPI series.
      scsuhockey.com
      CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Originally posted by The Exiled One View Post
        Only true for busy games, there won't be a shuttle for the RPI series.
        Will they have one for the NMU games?
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          Hell no... you thinking of going?
          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Not likely. I was up there for a NoDak game on a Saturday night and they didn't have one. It might just be Gophers games now, but you could always check.
            scsuhockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
              Hell no... you thinking of going?
              'diva and Flashy Man are travelling down for the Sat game. BPH, probably bbdl, me, and maybe MNS are also going to the Sat game. Just for the helluvit. 'diva and FM have never been to St, Clooud. It's her team (alum). We all have not seen them since their wedding, and this seemed like a good time to get together.

Comment

'diva and Flashy Man are travelling down for the Sat game. BPH, probably bbdl, me, and maybe MNS are also going to the Sat game. Just for the helluvit. 'diva and FM have never been to St, Clooud. It's her team (alum). We all have not seen them since their wedding, and this seemed like a good time to get together.
                I'm gonna do a Sat night game next month, debating between NMU or DU
                tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                  I'm gonna do a Sat night game next month, debating between NMU or DU
                  For a better game, I'd go DU.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    In all seriousness, getting past the thread title debacle...

I am considering going out to this series. Any recommendations on where to stay, places to go, etc.?
                    I'm not from St. Cloud, but my mom's family is and I have stayed at the Best Western/Kelly Inn on occasion with my wife when I couldn't stay with family there for "overflow" reasons. It's gone downhill, recently, in my opinion (although the last time I stayed there was March of 2011). If you stay there, though, and if the weather's decent, and you want some exercise, you can even walk to the arena if want although I'd say it's a good mile or so from the hotel.

FWIW, I always stay at the Fairfield out on 2nd but, the locals are gonna say "but it's out by Waite Park". That said, the hotel is still maybe a 10 minute drive to the arena and a nicer place to stay. There is a Hampton Inn within several blocks of the Fairfield, too, as well as a large older Holiday Inn in the same neighborhood besides. Have stayed at both of them as well and both are fine.

No trip to St. Cloud is complete for me without a trip to House of Pizza. My grandparents first took me there some time in the mid '60's, when I was kid. Good Italian sausage.
                    Last edited by Red Cows; 12-17-2012, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Thank you all for the suggestions. I will most certainly be taking all of them into consideration. Given there is some confusion about shuttle busses, perhaps it would be better for me to find an alternate means there. How is the parking situation there?

Comment

I'm considering going. But depends on how I feel after having all my wisdom teeth on Thursday.
                        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Thank you all for the suggestions. I will most certainly be taking all of them into consideration. Given there is some confusion about shuttle busses, perhaps it would be better for me to find an alternate means there. ....?
                          Sub compact car rental. You'd look cool in a Smart Car.
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Thank you all for the suggestions. I will most certainly be taking all of them into consideration. Given there is some confusion about shuttle busses, perhaps it would be better for me to find an alternate means there. How is the parking situation there?
                            The parking should be okay because attendance will be horrible.

There's no confusion on the shuttle, by the way, there's just one from Howie's.
                            scsuhockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                              Sub compact car rental. You'd look cool in a Smart Car.
                              Assuming I could actually get INTO a smart car.

Comment

Originally posted by The Exiled One View Post
                                Not likely. I was up there for a NoDak game on a Saturday night and they didn't have one. It might just be Gophers games now, but you could always check.
                                MC's had a bus on both Friday and Saturday of the NoDak games this year. That said, I wasn't aware that MC's didn't do it every game. I guess I should try coming to St. Cloud for more than a Gophers or Sioux series once in a while.

Comment

Working...
                                X