Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI @ SCSU (Thursday 12/27 & Friday 12/28)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI @ SCSU (Thursday 12/27 & Friday 12/28)

It's sad when nobody wants to ask Mick a question...

http://www.sctimes.com/interactive/a...at-Mick-Hatten
    scsuhockey.com
    CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Here's a question for the RPI fans: On just your gut feeling, do you think RPI can win a game tonight or tomorrow if Laliberte doesn't tally a point? If the Huskies manage to shut him down, is that pretty much game-over?
      scsuhockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by The Exiled One View Post
        Here's a question for the RPI fans: On just your gut feeling, do you think RPI can win a game tonight or tomorrow if Laliberte doesn't tally a point? If the Huskies manage to shut him down, is that pretty much game-over?
        Without looking at boxscores, I think we've won before without him finding the scoresheet. If the team focuses entirely on shutting him down and lets the rest of our players do their thing, we might be able to sneak a few goals...

Honestly, I don't know how we'll do tonight and tomorrow, but I feel that Lally getting or not getting points could easily not have too much impact on the game. I'm not wording it right, but I'm trying to say that if he scores it could help us a lot, but we could also win without it. Or, we could be completely terrible even if he does score, or be awful with the added detriment of him not scoring. Hope that makes sense...

Comment

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post
          Without looking at boxscores, I think we've won before without him finding the scoresheet. If the team focuses entirely on shutting him down and lets the rest of our players do their thing, we might be able to sneak a few goals...

Honestly, I don't know how we'll do tonight and tomorrow, but I feel that Lally getting or not getting points could easily not have too much impact on the game. I'm not wording it right, but I'm trying to say that if he scores it could help us a lot, but we could also win without it. Or, we could be completely terrible even if he does score, or be awful with the added detriment of him not scoring. Hope that makes sense...
          It makes a lot of sense. It describes RPI well. Another way of saying it is "See Kepler's Third Law".
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post
            Well, you made me curious enough to check the box scores. RPI has won just one game this season when Laliberte hasn't found the scoresheet. In fact, their record when he tallies a point is 3-3-4, but when he doesn't tally a point it's 1-3-0. (Keeping in mind that he missed two games)

The question is, would it be worth it for the Huskies to pay special attention to #15? I'd say... probably yes.
            scsuhockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
              Thats what #15 Yale thought.
              *snicker* Yeah, I forgot Yale was "good."
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                *snicker* Yeah, I forgot Yale was "good."
                Yale is a lock.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

SC Times Lineups tonight... Mick Hatten blog...
                  http://www.sctimesinteractive.com/bl...-rpi-and-scsu/

Comment

Originally posted by hockeykrazy View Post
                    SC Times Lineups tonight... Mick Hatten blog...
                    http://www.sctimesinteractive.com/bl...-rpi-and-scsu/
                    Thanks for the link-some stats of comparison seem to stand out a bit. The face offs won/lost really seem like an important number to watch. The RPI line up looks pretty much like what we have seen the past few games with a couple of important young members of the team out. I do wonder a bit why Matt Neal has been moved off the Laliberte/Haggerty line since they just had so much chemistry going earlier.
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                      Thanks for the link-some stats of comparison seem to stand out a bit. The face offs won/lost really seem like an important number to watch. The RPI line up looks pretty much like what we have seen the past few games with a couple of important young members of the team out. I do wonder a bit why Matt Neal has been moved off the Laliberte/Haggerty line since they just had so much chemistry going earlier.
                      Seems odd that the SC Times has the RPI Lines & rpiathletics doesn't as of yet...or are they just printing what was said in Post #147. 3 weeks & Zach still isn't healed? Don't like the sound of that...if it is correct.
                      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                        Seems odd that the SC Times has the RPI Lines & rpiathletics doesn't as of yet...or are they just printing what was said in Post #147. 3 weeks & Zach still isn't healed? Don't like the sound of that...if it is correct.
                        Rpiathletics not having it up is not unusual, but I agree that it is odd that a SC newspaper would have it. It would not surprise me if they read it here or on the SCSU board.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                          I, too, am a bit concerned about Zach's being out of the line up so long. Perhaps he is being held out as a precaution until fully 100% for league games?
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Gamecast has Lee-Laliberte-Haggerty Leonard-Bailen
                            Higgs- McGowan-Neal Leboeuf-Bradley
                            Zalewski-Miller-Bubela Curardi-Dolan
                            Tinordi--Rogic-O'Grady

I would trust the gamecast.

Comment

Without a Peer reporting the same, so I would go with that.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                                I, too, am a bit concerned about Zach's being out of the line up so long. Perhaps he is being held out as a precaution until fully 100% for league games?
                                https://twitter.com/zschroeder07/sta...91337915949056 The picture on that twitter status is from only ten days ago - I think Zach isn't 100% yet probably.

Comment

Working...
                                X