Patty Kaz 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Patty Kaz 2013

JLam had 6 points (2-4--6) today and her sister had a 4 goals. Monique moves into 2nd all-time scoring in the WCHA, behind her JLam

UNIVERSITY OF NORTH DAKOTA WOMEN'S HOCKEY

WCHA Regular Season Champions:
    WCHA Playoff Champions:
    NCAA Tournament Appearances: 2012
    NCAA Championships:

http://www.leaderpost.com/sports/Reg...005/story.html

Comment

Räty now with 3 straight shutouts, and 200 minutes, 55 seconds of game time (less any time she was off due to an opponent's delayed penalty) without giving up a goal.
      Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
      Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
      Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyDave View Post
        Räty now with 3 straight shutouts, and 200 minutes, 55 seconds of game time (less any time she was off due to an opponent's delayed penalty) without giving up a goal.
        And still has the lowest save percentage on the roster.

Comment

A few statistics to chew on

UMn's #6-#10 top point earners, have a total of 137 points between the 5 of them.
          UND's #6-#10 top point earners, have a total of 51 pts between the 5 of them.

UMn's #11-15 top point earners, have a total of 81 pts between the 5 of them.
          UND's #11-15 top point earners, have a total of 37 pts between the 5 of them.

These #s show that UMn clearly has players who do their fair share of scoring, with 12 players who have scored at least 20 pts this season, while UND only has 5 that have done that.

A good example of what kind of team Minnesota has, is when Kessel is taking a weekend off basically, UMn wins 8-0 on Saturday with 8 different players getting goals and through the 2 games, fully 17 different players contributed at least 1 pt.

Meanwhile, when I looked at one of UND's boxscores for one of their games this weekend, every goal seemed to have a Lam sister either scoring it or assisting on it.

Obviously I am biased, so I will try to keep my commentary and opinion to a minimum. I'll post these stats and then the experts, and hopefully some unbiased ones tell us what they think those stats mean.

They could prove that the Lam sisters are better than they get credit for, or maybe that they get more credit than they deserve?!

Comment

Don't know that these stats proves anything one way of the other. MN is a deeper team than ND, which I think was pretty obvious without the stats. The Lams are very talented and worthy of nomination. IMO, the award will come down to weighing two very special seasons - Kessel's vs Raty's - both have been dominant and elevated themselves from the other candidates.

Raty will own virtually every goalkeeper season and career record - if she doesn't get the Kaz, then what goalie will ever be deserving in the future. What more could Raty have done this year?

Kessel has separated herself from the rest of the pack starting from the first weekend, and has performed at high levels especially against the best competition. And if not for a injury would be challenging the season scoring record.

The Lams have had a good year, but they haven't separated themselves from the rest like Kessel and Raty.
            Last edited by mnpokecheck; 03-04-2013, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by mnpokecheck View Post
                Don't know that these stats proves anything one way of the other. MN is a deeper team than ND, which I think was pretty obvious without the stats. The Lams are very talented and worthy of nomination. IMO, the award will come down to weighing two very special seasons - Kessel's vs Raty's - both have been dominant and elevated themselves from the other candidates.

Raty will own virtually every goalkeeper season and career record - if she doesn't get the Kaz, then what goalie will ever be deserving in the future. What more could Raty have done this year?

Kessel has separated herself from the rest of the pack starting from the first weekend, and has performed at high levels especially against the best competition. And if not for a injury would be challenging the season scoring record.

The Lams have had a good year, but they haven't separated themselves from the rest like Kessel and Raty.
                Just give it to Kessel! Raty solid, clearly, but c'mon enough already. IT'S KESSEL!!!!!

Comment

WOO-HOO!!!

Bozek, Kessel, Räty named Top-3

Sorry... the Gopher alum & fan sides of me needed to get that out.
                  Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
                  Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
                  Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

Lamoureux was robbed...
                    Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 03-07-2013, 10:46 AM.
                    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

YYYYEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!
                      Go GOPHERS!!!!

I'm allowed to be this excited!!!

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w...030713aab.html
                      Welcome to Minnesota. We have lakes, and wild life, a couple of nice cities, a whole host of towns, some farms, and general country side. It's really pretty here, just watch out for the state bird; it likes to suck your blood. Fortunately it hibernates from Labor Day (first frost) to Memorial Day (ice out date). I'm sure you'll really love it here, why because we have a hockey habit that just won't quit, don't believe me, come and see for yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by GWH Fan View Post
                        YYYYEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!
                        Go GOPHERS!!!!

I'm allowed to be this excited!!!

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w...030713aab.html

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyDave View Post
                          WOO-HOO!!!

Bozek, Kessel, Räty named Top-3

Sorry... the Gopher alum & fan sides of me needed to get that out.
                          And Schlossman's head asplodes.

Comment

I have always believed that Kessel should win it this year, but yes the Lams got screwed. JLam is obvious

UNIVERSITY OF NORTH DAKOTA WOMEN'S HOCKEY

WCHA Regular Season Champions:
                            WCHA Playoff Champions:
                            NCAA Tournament Appearances: 2012
                            NCAA Championships:

http://www.leaderpost.com/sports/Reg...005/story.html

Comment

• Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                              And Schlossman's head asplodes.
                              But what about the statistics since January?
                              Last edited by mnpokecheck; 03-07-2013, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Just going to post this and not say another word. If you clearly look at the components of what makes a great player and their leadership abilities, no player or players in the last decade of women's college hockey could have gone to a struggling program and done what the Lamoureux twins did. There are plenty of great players out there that but none in my opinion who possess the abilities they have both as players, leaders, and people.

As far as looking at the awards and how they are voted on, the integrity of the process is so poor. It is obvious that grudges are still held against the Lamoureuxs by both players and coaches. How two players who have dominated the women's college game like they have to not both be Top Ten for Patty Kaz and Both not be 1st team all league players is absolute BS. When you see two players who are clearly the best players (wait for the olympics when all the chips are down and who will lead the US) not be recognized appropriately, it takes the honor from those who do receive it. Just look at the numbers, the Lamoureuxs are 1 and 2 in WCHA scoring and they did it on a team where they had to battle and claw for every win. Now that is saying something. Anyone worth their salt in hockey and involved in the process cannot honestly look in the mirror and feel satisfied.

Congrats to all those who received their recognition and those who will receive it. I'm stepping off my soapbox to never return. Just wanted to make it clear to all those who think they know hockey. There is so much more to a player than someone who is good on a great team. Great players are great no matter where they go and no matter who they play with. They elevate the level of those around them. Don't think you can argue (based on stats alone and wins and all that) that any player in the last decade year-in and year-out even matches up to the Lamoureuxs.

GO SIOUX

Comment

Working...
                                X