PDA

View Full Version : 12/10 USCHO Poll

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

jerrynu26
12-10-2012, 03:13 PM
Not a lot of movement. (http://www.uscho.com/rankings/d-iii-mens-poll/)

PrezdeJohnson09
12-10-2012, 03:15 PM
Absolutely shocking to me that in both polls Utica goes nowhere after beating Oswego on the road.

I would have had them around 4th or 5th.

jerrynu26
12-10-2012, 03:22 PM
Absolutely shocking to me that in both polls Utica goes nowhere after beating Oswego on the road.

I would have had them around 4th or 5th.

Just not sure who they would have jumped, although they almost passed PSU.

PrezdeJohnson09
12-10-2012, 03:36 PM
Just not sure who they would have jumped, although they almost passed PSU.

They beat Oswego and Oswego has two losses now. Why not put them ahead of Oswego? I would have if I had a vote. Who has Oswego beaten so far?

I don't see how anyone can justify Utica being so low right now other than the "Name Game"...

Utica has a resume that should be teetering them around the top 5 right now.

The Real Georgia Peach
12-10-2012, 03:51 PM
And FOUR Nescac teams in the top 15,??? And the only one with a decent record is Bowdoin. Adrian should be higher, looks like the Western voters aren't pulling their weight.

NUProf
12-10-2012, 03:57 PM
They beat Oswego and Oswego has two losses now. Why not put them ahead of Oswego? I would have if I had a vote. Who has Oswego beaten so far?

I don't see how anyone can justify Utica being so low right now other than the "Name Game"...

Utica has a resume that should be teetering them around the top 5 right now.

I don't understand why Oswego is ranked so high. They have two losses, and weak SOS metrics. What puts them that high? (They are second in both polls) According to my quantitative measures, they should be ranked below Utica, so if Utica is where they are, then Oswego should be below that.

UCBadger
12-10-2012, 04:04 PM

Utica has a resume that should be teetering them around the top 5 right now.Perhaps the question is "who have they lost to?" Unfortunately Utica lost to unranked Elmira and Neumann where as the two Oswego loses are to two "top 10" teams. Call me paranoid, but I an not sure things would have been much different if the Oswego-Hobart game ended in a tie or even an Oswego loss. Or the voters memory is much shorter than even I give them credit for.

Where can I write to lobby to get you a vote in the weekly Poll? ;)

Edit: Looking forward to NUProf's rankings on Wednesday.

Pioneers#1
12-10-2012, 04:08 PM
What a shock, Utica goes nowhere... biased much? What a joke this poll is. Seriously.

PrezdeJohnson09
12-10-2012, 04:21 PM
And FOUR Nescac teams in the top 15,??? And the only one with a decent record is Bowdoin. Adrian should be higher, looks like the Western voters aren't pulling their weight.

I disgaree on Adrian. Who has Adrian played so far? Absolutely no one.

The NESCAC I think deserves four teams in. Williams we all know starts strong and then in about a month they'll start to go down just like they have done every year lately it seems.

If I had a vote i'd definitely have four NESCAC teams in, maybe even five.

The Real Georgia Peach
12-10-2012, 04:46 PM
Hey Pres- Amherst has played 9 games, only won 5; Midd has played 8 games, only won 4. How does barely winning 50 percent of your games rate you a spot in the top 15? And Adrian? They have played whoever is on their schedule... and have WON!! You could ask the same about our Cadets, they have won some good games against tough competition, and they have beaten a few cream puffs too. Norwich should be #1, Oswego should be further down,(maybe 5? 6?) and Adrian should be ahead of Oswego, as should Utica. Plattsburgh has an interesting problem; beat the current (at the time) #1 then lost to the current #1 by one goal and they drop a spot. Does'nt seem right.

NUProf
12-10-2012, 05:01 PM
Perhaps the question is "who have they lost to?" Unfortunately Utica lost to unranked Elmira and Neumann where as the two Oswego loses are to two "top 10" teams. Call me paranoid, but I an not sure things would have been much different if the Oswego-Hobart game ended in a tie or even an Oswego loss. Or the voters memory is much shorter than even I give them credit for.

Where can I write to lobby to get you a vote in the weekly Poll? ;)

Edit: Looking forward to NUProf's rankings on Wednesday.

Some things in those rankings will surprise you, some not so much.

PrezdeJohnson09
12-10-2012, 05:19 PM
Hey Pres- Amherst has played 9 games, only won 5; Midd has played 8 games, only won 4. How does barely winning 50 percent of your games rate you a spot in the top 15? And Adrian? They have played whoever is on their schedule... and have WON!! You could ask the same about our Cadets, they have won some good games against tough competition, and they have beaten a few cream puffs too. Norwich should be #1, Oswego should be further down,(maybe 5? 6?) and Adrian should be ahead of Oswego, as should Utica. Plattsburgh has an interesting problem; beat the current (at the time) #1 then lost to the current #1 by one goal and they drop a spot. Does'nt seem right.

I haven't had the opportunity to see Amherst play yet this year but I have seen Middlebury and let me tell you, that's a darn good hockey team and I'll be shocked if they aren't there in the end. They have some extremely impressive freshmen that are going to get Midd back on track after two subpar years.

Pioneers#1
12-10-2012, 05:19 PM
Utica is the Rodney Dangerfield of sports, we get no respect. Utica should be ahead of Oswego and Plattsburgh at the very least.

admiral0417
12-10-2012, 06:18 PM
Not sure how #2, #3 and #4 all lose this past weekend......and don't move down!!! Therein lies the problem. The Cards lose 1-0 against unbeaten #1 and go down a spot??? I'm not sure anyone in the country is beating the Cadets right now. Further, Eau Claire has lost 2 of their last 3 and stays in top 5?? I think there's some names the voters like to see at the top and sometimes ignore accuracy to get them there.

NUProf
12-10-2012, 08:15 PM
I haven't had the opportunity to see Amherst play yet this year but I have seen Middlebury and let me tell you, that's a darn good hockey team and I'll be shocked if they aren't there in the end. They have some extremely impressive freshmen that are going to get Midd back on track after two subpar years.

Midd surprised me in the Primelink - I had seen the first period of their game at Bowdoin, and my thought was that they weren't going to be very good this year, but they came back in that game and have played really well since then. I think there are a couple of sleepers that aren't getting a lot of attention yet, and on another web site I'll talk about them.

joecct
12-10-2012, 09:08 PM

I would have had them around 4th or 5th.Prez

I have Norwich a comfortable #1 on the spreadsheet RPI calculator. However the gap from #2 to #9 is less than the gap from #1 to #2. What that tells me is that 2 - 9 is a tossup.

Pioneers#1
12-10-2012, 10:32 PM
If Utica would have lost last Friday night at Oswego, you could be darn sure they would have moved Utica down several spots.

I'm just speechless, what a joke these people are. Now I see what you guys mean when you all say these polls mean nothing.

These coaches and whoever else votes for the USCHO.com poll need to get their heads out of their ***.

sticksnstones
12-11-2012, 01:32 AM
If Utica would have lost last Friday night at Oswego, you could be darn sure they would have moved Utica down several spots.

I'm just speechless, what a joke these people are. Now I see what you guys mean when you all say these polls mean nothing.

These coaches and whoever else votes for the USCHO.com poll need to get their heads out of their ***.

I don't think this poll should mean that much to you. All Utica has to do is keep winning, and they'll be there at the end.

norm1909
12-11-2012, 06:22 AM
I don't understand why Oswego is ranked so high. They have two losses, and weak SOS metrics. What puts them that high? (They are second in both polls) According to my quantitative measures, they should be ranked below Utica, so if Utica is where they are, then Oswego should be below that.

Have you no respect for seniors ;)

97osu
12-11-2012, 08:11 AM
As I had said in previous post, the Utica team I saw play on December 7th has to be the 2nd or 3rd best Eastern team at this point. Maybe this was their best effort of this young season, but they were better than the Oswego and Plattsburg teams I have seen. It seems the polls reflect where they think teams are going to be as the season develops, rather than where teams are at this immediate moment?