UND @ Michigan Tech: Houghton hears the Whioux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UND @ Michigan Tech: Houghton hears the Whioux

I've always been open to foreign foods. Think I'll try a pasty just to spite Dirty...
    'If a man wants to eat fried chicken, he's gotta get greasy.' - Kenny Rogers

Fighting Sioux Hockey: Highest NCAA Playoff Winning Percentage

There's no more pompous group of sports fans in the Twin Cities than hardcore followers of Gophers men's hockey. That makes it quite entertaining to see them in full pout after an unexpected elimination from the NCAA tournament. - Reusse

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Rane View Post
      I've always been open to foreign foods. Think I'll try a pasty just to spite Dirty...
      Don't. Just.........don't. You'll hate yourself. And maybe start looking for a razor blade to slit your wrists.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        Don't. Just.........don't. You'll hate yourself. And maybe start looking for a razor blade to slit your wrists.
        Ok, ok, I'll just stick with the Nisu bread.

There's no more pompous group of sports fans in the Twin Cities than hardcore followers of Gophers men's hockey. That makes it quite entertaining to see them in full pout after an unexpected elimination from the NCAA tournament. - Reusse

Comment

Ok, ok, I'll just stick with the Nisu bread.
          Nisu............aghghghghghghghghghghghgh /Homer Simpson
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            Nisu............aghghghghghghghghghghghgh /Homer Simpson
            Is it that good? Maybe I should bring a loaf home for my folks...

Comment

Is it that good? Maybe I should bring a loaf home for my folks...
              Like I said: you need no butter or any other spread. Just eat it plain. That good.

Comment

Is the "lake effect snow" a major issue. Looks like we'll be in for some of dat...

Comment

Is the "lake effect snow" a major issue. Looks like we'll be in for some of dat...
                  Yes it is.

tl;dr: Cold air passes over warm Lake Superior and sucks up water vapor, then passes over land and the water vapor freezes and falls as snow. Can produce up to 12 inches in an hour. Tends to appear out of nowhere in really quick bands.

Be extremely careful on the roads. However, once you hit Houghton you should be fine. Houghton is on the farking ball when it comes to snow management.
                  Last edited by Twitch Boy; 12-13-2012, 01:45 AM.
                  Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                    Who turned him back to green!?!

to be honest, I don't do the rep at all anymore. I was just feeling proud that it only took "M****hole Sux" a day or so to move from fresh-faced innocence right into defensive sarcasm. He'll be at home here with full-on jaded bitterness in no time.
                    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Re: UND @ Michigan Tech: Houghton hears the Whioux

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                      to be honest, I don't do the rep at all anymore. I was just feeling proud that it only took "M****hole Sux" a day or so to move from fresh-faced innocence right into defensive sarcasm. He'll be at home here with full-on jaded bitterness in no time.
                      Go to hell, old man. No wait, you're in Houghton so hell would be an upgrade. Stay where you are.
                      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

UMM... if you are driving, look out for deer especially late at night and... it is quite hilly in Houghton, combined with snow this can be a challenge if you are not prepared. Put something in your car to help pull you out of snowbanks. Otherwise I'm sure you will enjoy the games. Also it's warmer in Houghton than anywhere in the Dakotas and less windy, so bring your bathing suit and some sun block.
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post

I don't usually neg rep except for noobs who come in a little too strong. Seems to be a tradition around here as most noobs are red even when they don't do anything to draw attention to themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                            UMM... if you are driving, look out for deer especially late at night and... it is quite hilly in Houghton, combined with snow this can be a challenge if you are not prepared. Put something in your car to help pull you out of snowbanks. Otherwise I'm sure you will enjoy the games. Also it's warmer in Houghton than anywhere in the Dakotas and less windy, so bring your bathing suit and some sun block.

Is that a warning or a recommendation?

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                              And dramamine . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                                I don't usually neg rep except for noobs who come in a little too strong. Seems to be a tradition around here as most noobs are red even when they don't do anything to draw attention to themselves.
                                I wouldn't really consider myself a noob to college hockey, just this particular board.

Comment

Working...
                                X