Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UND @ Michigan Tech: Houghton hears the Whioux

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
    How haven't I been to those places yet?!
    Sadly, I've never been to huskyfan's beloved Randy's - on my list for next summer. Service at the Michigan House can be a little pokey and the interior is sort of "Cracker Barrel meets Yooper Grandma's House", but they make very tasty/generous burgers, homemade potato chips, and brew a couple decent beers. I almost always stop in for a Black n' Bleu burger and a pint of Oatmeal Espresso Stout when I'm up there.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. Also, what is the parking situation around the arena?
      'If a man wants to eat fried chicken, he's gotta get greasy.' - Kenny Rogers

Fighting Sioux Hockey: Highest NCAA Playoff Winning Percentage

There's no more pompous group of sports fans in the Twin Cities than hardcore followers of Gophers men's hockey. That makes it quite entertaining to see them in full pout after an unexpected elimination from the NCAA tournament. - Reusse

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Rane View Post
        Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. Also, what is the parking situation around the arena?
        There is a big arse lot, they do charge after a certain time, but it's cheap.

Tailgating has been allowed, for our group at least, but I think the official stance is no booze. Just use red Solo Cups and be discreet. AND CLEAN UP AFTERWARDS. Then you're fine.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          Tailgating has been allowed, for our group at least, but I think the official stance is no booze.
          This made me laugh.

The official stance (as it is at basically every other university in America) is no booze on school property. But if you're tailgating in the main lot, as long as you aren't destroying property and causing a scene, they don't really care.

Comment

There is a big arse lot, they do charge after a certain time, but it's cheap.

Tailgating has been allowed, for our group at least, but I think the official stance is no booze. Just use red Solo Cups and be discreet. AND CLEAN UP AFTERWARDS. Then you're fine.
            That's alright. Sounds like a flask of Stoli and lemon night...
            'If a man wants to eat fried chicken, he's gotta get greasy.' - Kenny Rogers

Fighting Sioux Hockey: Highest NCAA Playoff Winning Percentage

There's no more pompous group of sports fans in the Twin Cities than hardcore followers of Gophers men's hockey. That makes it quite entertaining to see them in full pout after an unexpected elimination from the NCAA tournament. - Reusse

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              This made me laugh.

The official stance (as it is at basically every other university in America) is no booze on school property. But if you're tailgating in the main lot, as long as you aren't destroying property and causing a scene, they don't really care.
              School property is the key. Engelstad isn't school property, IIRC. That sort of thing.

And yeah, we've had security commend us on drinking our soda in the little red cups. Winkwinksaynomore.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

School property is the key. Engelstad isn't school property, IIRC. That sort of thing.
                Correct. Though the south parking lot is still a designated "S" lot during the day...at least it was when I was up there.
                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                Originally posted by Quizmire
                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  Sadly, I've never been to huskyfan's beloved Randy's - on my list for next summer. Service at the Michigan House can be a little pokey and the interior is sort of "Cracker Barrel meets Yooper Grandma's House", but they make very tasty/generous burgers, homemade potato chips, and brew a couple decent beers. I almost always stop in for a Black n' Bleu burger and a pint of Oatmeal Espresso Stout when I'm up there.
                  ha! love the description of Michigan House. its dead on. but the beer is good and those chips ... Randys is an old time Yooper Bar, nothing special really, but they have free popcorn and one entire wall is old time Copper Country hockey pictures. beer is cheap and the Moscow Mules are in copper mugs, as it should be.
                  Last edited by huskyfan; 12-11-2012, 07:04 AM.
                  Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                  "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                  Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                  Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

While in the UP you should take in the worlds largest chain saw and the mystery spot. Both well worth the trips to see them.Course since there are no trees in North Dakota you might not be familiar with chain saws.
                    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Only a Yooper hick would think a giant chain saw is worth seeing. That is the most pathetic suggestion I have ever seen on this board. Do you get a season pass for this so called attraction? And a mystery spot? Seriously? I take it back, that is the most pathetic suggestion I have seen on this board. The UP is just overflowing with patheticness, isn't it? With these terrible suggestions it's easy to see why Houghton is such a sh^thole and Tech is horrible at everything.
                      Last edited by Dirty; 12-11-2012, 07:45 AM.
                      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Because you don't bend the brims of your caps.
                        This is a fantastic post, Brent!
                        "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Tech sweeps 5-3, 3-2
                          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                            Tech sweeps 5-3, 3-2
                            Yeah, I'll take that bet

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                              Only a Yooper hick would think a giant chain saw is worth seeing. That is the most pathetic suggestion I have ever seen on this board. Do you get a season pass for this so called attraction? And a mystery spot? Seriously? I take it back, that is the most pathetic suggestion I have seen on this board. The UP is just overflowing with patheticness, isn't it? With these terrible suggestions it's easy to see why Houghton is such a sh^thole and Tech is horrible at everything.
                              If Houghton is a sh^thole then what is Fargo?
                              Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                              ha! love the description of Michigan House. its dead on. but the beer is good and those chips ... Randys is an old time Yooper Bar, nothing special really, but they have free popcorn and one entire wall is old time Copper Country hockey pictures. beer is cheap and the Moscow Mules are in copper mugs, as it should be.
                              What exactly is a Moscow Mule? Drinks in copper mugs? I need to try both these places.
                              Because you don't bend the brims of your caps.
                              Can you belive I actually went into the Gay Bar with a hat brim unflattened?
                              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by MplsSioux View Post
                                Yeah, I'll take that bet
                                Is that really the full extent of your very first post, "guy who combines two horrible things into one super-horrible user name guy"? You could at least throw your own worthless prediction out here.
                                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X