PDA

View Full Version : Another Hockey Website Closes Shop

Fighting Sioux 23
12-07-2012, 11:55 AM
I just thought I would inform everyone here that College Hockey Weekly has closed up shop. They have a little going away message on their front page if you'd like to read it. We had a long conference call this morning, and basically several of the guys really took a hit with Hurricane Sandy to the point where they had to move their focus on getting their lives rebuilt. They offered the reigns to me, but unfortunately I have a little too much on my plate to handle such a commitment. If anyone is interested in picking up the site, you can contact the guys at editor@collegehockeyweekly.com

FlagDUDE08
12-07-2012, 12:00 PM
I just thought I would inform everyone here that College Hockey Weekly has closed up shop. They have a little going away message on their front page if you'd like to read it. We had a long conference call this morning, and basically several of the guys really took a hit with Hurricane Sandy to the point where they had to move their focus on getting their lives rebuilt. They offered the reigns to me, but unfortunately I have a little too much on my plate to handle such a commitment. If anyone is interested in picking up the site, you can contact the guys at editor@collegehockeyweekly.com

Thank you for the great work that you, along with your colleagues, have done with the site. Although we may not get as much regular analysis as ESPN has with other sports, it is refreshing to see such a similar commitment in the online world for a niche sport.

ronmexico
12-07-2012, 12:18 PM
Thank you for the great work that you, along with your colleagues, have done with the site. Although we may not get as much regular analysis as ESPN has with other sports, it is refreshing to see such a similar commitment in the online world for a niche sport.

+1

Good work people, it will be missed. Everyone that posts on this board surely read it. FS23's good name brought me to the site every week. I hope he makes it south for one of the games this weekend.

Tipsy McStagger
12-07-2012, 12:31 PM
I thought it was a very good site. Sorry to hear this.

Biddco
12-07-2012, 12:35 PM
Dang. Always enjoyed the work. Best of luck to all involved.

huskyfan
12-07-2012, 02:26 PM
bummer!

BooneLives
12-07-2012, 03:01 PM
Another thanks for your efforts guys.

Best of luck getting everything squared away.

Jeff_Jackson_for_Pres.
12-07-2012, 03:25 PM
That's too bad. I liked your weekly predictions, especially the fact that some of you were better than "The Predictor."

Fighting Sioux 23
12-07-2012, 04:31 PM
Thanks again to everyone on here that supported the site. Apparently there has been some interest in someone picking up the site, so hopefully that pans out.