Another Hockey Website Closes Shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Hockey Website Closes Shop

I just thought I would inform everyone here that College Hockey Weekly has closed up shop. They have a little going away message on their front page if you'd like to read it. We had a long conference call this morning, and basically several of the guys really took a hit with Hurricane Sandy to the point where they had to move their focus on getting their lives rebuilt. They offered the reigns to me, but unfortunately I have a little too much on my plate to handle such a commitment. If anyone is interested in picking up the site, you can contact the guys at editor@collegehockeyweekly.com
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Re: Another Hockey Website Closes Shop

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    I just thought I would inform everyone here that College Hockey Weekly has closed up shop. They have a little going away message on their front page if you'd like to read it. We had a long conference call this morning, and basically several of the guys really took a hit with Hurricane Sandy to the point where they had to move their focus on getting their lives rebuilt. They offered the reigns to me, but unfortunately I have a little too much on my plate to handle such a commitment. If anyone is interested in picking up the site, you can contact the guys at editor@collegehockeyweekly.com
    Thank you for the great work that you, along with your colleagues, have done with the site. Although we may not get as much regular analysis as ESPN has with other sports, it is refreshing to see such a similar commitment in the online world for a niche sport.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Thank you for the great work that you, along with your colleagues, have done with the site. Although we may not get as much regular analysis as ESPN has with other sports, it is refreshing to see such a similar commitment in the online world for a niche sport.
      +1

Good work people, it will be missed. Everyone that posts on this board surely read it. FS23's good name brought me to the site every week. I hope he makes it south for one of the games this weekend.
      Originally posted by vizoroo
      Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
      Originally posted by duper
      I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
      Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
      Originally posted by dggoddard
      Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

I thought it was a very good site. Sorry to hear this.
        Originally posted by SJHovey
        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
        Originally posted by Brenthoven
        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Dang. Always enjoyed the work. Best of luck to all involved.
          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

bummer!
            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Another thanks for your efforts guys.

Best of luck getting everything squared away.

Comment

That's too bad. I liked your weekly predictions, especially the fact that some of you were better than "The Predictor."
                "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Thanks again to everyone on here that supported the site. Apparently there has been some interest in someone picking up the site, so hopefully that pans out.
                  North Dakota
                  National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Working...
                  X