Omaha at St. Cloud State 12/7-12/8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Omaha at St. Cloud State 12/7-12/8

I don't know how popular your school thread is, but I haven't seen this yet so I'll just post this here for all of you Mike Lee fans:

http://portlandpirates.com/2012/12/0...gwinnett-echl/

Comment

Originally posted by GopherFan89 View Post
      I don't know how popular your school thread is, but I haven't seen this yet so I'll just post this here for all of you Mike Lee fans:

http://portlandpirates.com/2012/12/0...gwinnett-echl/
      Sure that'll make Skeets happy.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Bump because DL didn't see it.
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
          Bump because DL didn't see it.
          What in the hell does he have glasses for then?
          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
            What in the hell does he have glasses for then?
            No, it is because we don't have the green arrow or the mad face. Dam UNO fans not understanding our world.
            Originally posted by Skeeterman
            Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
            "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
              Going to St. Cloud for these. My mom is from St. Cloud (and both she and her brother are SCSU alums). We make at least one roadie a year and this one is it. I also have an uncle that played at SCSU in 1948. This one is a great trip because I don't have to spring for a hotel and I can blow extra money at the House of Pizza. My wife would live on it if she could.
              Welcome back to Cloudy town. Try Howie's before the game(s) and take your beer onto the bus to the NHEC.

Does Dean Blais have the same mancrush on Ryan Faragher as he did with Mike Lee? Or is he over predicting that our goalie will bring SCSU a National Championship?

Comment

Really have no take going into this weekend. Which SCSU team shows up? And if the team that handled DU on Fri and UND on Sat does show up, which night?
                tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Hey UNO and SCSU fans, if you're bored go check out the WCHA Pick'Em thread. The more people the more fun it is!

Comment

I'm surprised I found this thread with no angry face or awesome title. Anyway, this series is very important for both teams in terms of points. SCSU has too many question marks right now (go figure), so it's hard to predict anything other than a split. Right now UNO looks like they may be the slightly better team, but SCSU could end up proving themselves against a tough UNO squad if they spontaneously become the team they were supposed to be.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                      Really have no take going into this weekend. Which SCSU team shows up? And if the team that handled DU on Fri and UND on Sat does show up, which night?
                      How about they show up on Friday, take care of that game, then worry about Saturday on Saturday.
                      Sounds like according to Motzko, some of these guys are stat sheet watching and not focusing on hockey and playing the game the way we can knowing that the stats will come if they do that.
                      I wouldn't want to be at practice this week cause it sounds like a few guys are getting kicked in the *** by the coaching staff.
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Husky13 View Post
                        I'm surprised I found this thread with no angry face or awesome title.
                        You can blame this one on me! I was just eager to get a thread going and didn't see one. I know SCSU Euro always has the but I was sure if I was allowed to do that, haha. Again, my bad!

Comment

SCSU fans sounding suspiciously like the Gopher fans in the thread leading up to our series with them last week.

Angst, much?

Seriously, we are playing well and have, for the most part, looked better week by week except for the oddball Friday night game we had with UAH (win) where we pretty obviously thought we could mail it in.

Still have not given up more than 3 goals in a game this season and UNO has only given up 4 third period goals all season. Tops in the NCAA.

I continue to be floored by the offense, which observers such as yours truly thought would be the Achilles Heel of the team and here we are with 50 goals scored, already.

The other thing has been John Faulkner, who has looked like exactly what he is, a 5th year senior goaltender (he graduated last season) with a ton of minutes under his (career) belt. Has he been absolutely great? No, but he has been good enough so far. He has the benefit of seeing fewer shots this season than almost any goaltender in the country, as UNO has been in the top 5 and/or leading the NCAA in that category all season, just about.

Crummy fact of the day: UNO is 1-6-1 all time at the "National Hockey and Event Center" (being very politically correct to call it by it's new, correct name).

I want to see, at the very least, two more curvy numbers in our record there after this weekend. One would be better, and, on the left side of that ledger.

Comment

Just because fans aren't completely certain about how the team will perform doesn't mean there is a bunch of "angst."

I just see them as realists. We are in the first half of the season and most teams haven't "gelled" yet.
                            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                              Just because fans aren't completely certain about how the team will perform doesn't mean there is a bunch of "angst."

I just see them as realists. We are in the first half of the season and most teams haven't "gelled" yet.
                              But it's Red Cows and UNO RULZ OMGWTFBBQRESPECT!
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                But it's Red Cows and UNO RULZ OMG***BBQRESPECT!
                                I don't think he/she is THAT bad.
                                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                                X