Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota @ Colorado College 12/7 & 12/8: The potheads vs the *******

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
    It's the ebbs and flows of College Hockey, it happens.
    Him claiming there was a 30-min nap is beyond preposterous.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      Him claiming there was a 30-min nap is beyond preposterous.
      Agreed. A shift here and there, sure. CC has the offensive horses to bury it quickly on any defensive miscues.
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

It was only a 20 minute nap, minus a good rush in the 2nd. Good to see them come back and play hard in the 3rd.
        Also nice job on the glass replacement. I was seated in Section 101 on the end, corner where the glass asploded. Sure enough, puck went through the gap left by the shortglass replacement. Good for the Gophers IMO. Stopped some momentum by CC at that point.

Now it is time to keep calm and sweep the leg! What a game tonight!
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

And Wilcoxblox (c) Quizmire was AWESOME tonight!
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            And Wilcoxblox (c) Quizmire was AWESOME tonight!
            That's a bit better than Twocox....but I think ya'll need to keep brainstorming

I don't really agree that MN took a 30, or 20 minute nap last night. They had a couple mistakes defensively, and CC is a good team that will make you pay for mistakes. The first part of the 2nd CC rung up a good number of shots, but the majority of the 2nd the Gophers played either 4x4 or a man down, so...
            What the hell was Alt doing on that first goal? He made the decision to leave the puck carrier and take the passing option, but then he didn't take the passing option...just kind of backed up and let Skalbeck receive and shoot. The 2nd goal was just a total team effort in defensive-zone negligence.

Warning was awesome for the 3rd game in a row since his return. Maybe his injury helped him to really focus in, or maybe he was already there and the injury prevented us from seeing it earlier. Either way, I agree that line looked good. But I'm not getting off my desire to see Budish back on the first line, mostly because I think his play helps Rau and, to a lesser extent Bjugstad, more than it does Haula/Warning. And Bjugstad/Rau have been too quiet this season IMO.

Both teams scored a couple nice skill-type goals last night. The difference was MN (and Serratore) getting to the hard spot and scoring a dirty goal. Good to see. Serratore now has 5 goals on the year, tied for 4th most on the team. Not bad for a kid who was supposed to be a perpetual 4th-liner. I think it's important to remember that he put up 32pts (.55ppg) his last year in the USHL, so he has the ability to score goals.

A win tonight would be huge. It would complete this first chunk of the season with the Gophers more-or-less on pace despite some underwhelming performances against the middle-band of teams in conference.
            That being said, at least heading into tonight, I'd be pretty happy with a tie.

Comment

I agree. They didn't take a period off last night, but had some lapses. They completely dominated the first. There were some unfortunate (both one poor and some unnecessary) calls that led to them being shorthanded a fair amount (loved the one where Holl got called for the CC forward diving to try to get a stick on a pass out of his reach, followed later by Boyd getting clocked on their blueline, 10 feet from the puck that he hadn't ever touched (I forgot the definition of interference apparently)). Overall, a good game by the Maroon and Gold though.

And boy do they seem to fear Bjugstad. There were a few times he carried the puck into the zone and 3-4 CC players would close in on him. Hope to see his line get more on track tonight. Wins are all that matters, but it would be fun to see some of them racking up more points.

Comment

I sure hope the Gophers come out with the same (or more) zip that they showed in the 1st last night. I think it's important for this team to set the tone early, and when they do it's always the result of an all-out effort, all over the ice. And why the heck not do it again - they have several weeks to recuperate.

I also really liked the way they were able to find the open guys and make sharp tape-to-tape passes coming out of their own zone and through the nuetral zone last night. This put CC on their heels on many occasions, and I believe it wore them down some, having to chase coming back. In tonight's rematch CC will be looking for ways to clog up those passing lanes.

And you can bet the Gophers are closely reviewing exactly what happened on their two defensive breakdowns where a CC forward ended up being all alone for easy goals. Great plays by them, but the Gophers can't allow that to happen. It's important to understand the whole chain of events - who did what and when - and make adjustments to prevent a re-occurrence.
                Last edited by D2D; 12-08-2012, 01:05 PM.
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

The first goal was from an undisciplined forecheck. The Gophers were pushing for 3-0 and got caught with four guys deep. Crap happens.

The second one was a full blown lapse and really ticked me off.

Comment

It was only a 20 minute nap, minus a good rush in the 2nd. Good to see them come back and play hard in the 3rd.
                    Also nice job on the glass replacement. I was seated in Section 101 on the end, corner where the glass asploded. Sure enough, puck went through the gap left by the shortglass replacement. Good for the Gophers IMO. Stopped some momentum by CC at that point.

Now it is time to keep calm and sweep the leg! What a game tonight!
                    Yes sorry, it was only 20 mins :-)
                    - Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. -

Go Bemidji Beavers
                    Go you Green and White
                    Go Bemidji Beavers
                    Fight with all your might!
                    Rah! Rah! Rah!
                    We are here to cheer you
                    We are out to win your fame,
                    So, Go Bemidji Beavers
                    Fight to win this game.-Fight.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherBigGuy911 View Post
                      Yes sorry, it was only 20 mins :-)
                      You guys must have been hitting the refer, it was not 20 min, they had a bad shift or 2 otherwise pretty much controlled play. Late in the 3rd we started to only have 1 forechecker deep the rest were playing more defensively. That was why CC had some more chances, I would rather them play all out the whole game but Lucia knows his stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                        You guys must have been hitting the refer, it was not 20 min, they had a bad shift or 2 otherwise pretty much controlled play. Late in the 3rd we started to only have 1 forechecker deep the rest were playing more defensively. That was why CC had some more chances, I would rather them play all out the whole game but Lucia knows his stuff.
                        I disagree. Was sitting with a CC fan, a Sioux fan, and a BU/Air Force fan, above where the glass broke on the end. Where we could see play develop. All of us agreed the it was CC that controlled the Gophs in the 2nd, and minus that one flurry it was not really close.

Comment

Sorry, but that's bull. Did CC control the second after their first goal? Yes. But they didn't control the entire second period.

Comment

I disagree. Was sitting with a CC fan, a Sioux fan, and a BU/Air Force fan, above where the glass broke on the end. Where we could see play develop. All of us agreed the it was CC that controlled the Gophs in the 2nd, and minus that one flurry it was not really close.
                            In fairness, Brent, you have to admit no good Sioux fan will admit the Gophers controlled play--in any game under any circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                              In fairness, Brent, you have to admit no good Sioux fan will admit the Gophers controlled play--in any game under any circumstances.
                              Good point, and no Gopher fan will ever admit (insert teams name) ever controlled play either.

Comment

Wrong. They controlled portions of the 2nd but shots weren't close to one-sided nor were scoring chances that I recall and to say it wasn't really close is a pretty poor summary.

Comment

Working...
                                X