Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota @ Colorado College 12/7 & 12/8: The potheads vs the *******

Originally posted by GopherFan89 View Post
    By the way, has anyone been to CC or know what their rink is like and what kind of attendance it has?
    The Colorado Springs World Arena holds about 7000. Sold out for DU games. CC only has about 2000 students so there are a lot of "townies" one of whom is Ron Mexico, a DU troller. CC does have its own message board. Can't remember the name, but it is in the latest DU-CC thread.

Can't imagine why CC fans don't want to communicate with rodent lovers

BTW, cc sucks!
    GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
      I guess I was saying that at this point in the season (15 games played) the "big guys" were still getting their pts, at almost a pt a game (Haula)19, (Rau)14 (Bjugs)13 and (Schmidt) 12. Yes they are a little off from last year but not much, the bigger issue imo is the consistent scoring after that bunch. (secondary scoring)
      Warning, Marshall, Boyd, Isackson, Serratore and Ambroz (secondary scorers) are all scoring at a higher pace than last year. As I stated earlier, of the top scorers, all are scoring at a slower pace than last year but Haula, against a week schedule. I would argue that your top scorers should be able to increase their scoring pace against lesser opponents with a year more experience. And a 20 % increase in scoring from a 15-25 goal scorer adds more than the same increase from a couple 5 goal scorers. Rau and Bjugstad averaged over a point a game last year with Schmidt just about there, so sure, they aren't a lot of points off last year's pace. But I still say they should do better than they are, and that should open things up a little more for the other players.

Comment

World arena attendance is usually around 7000. May be a bit more with Minnesota. CC has had some struggles of late but aren't necessarily playing poorly. Nodak smothered CC in the defensive zone and it ultimately lead to a game tying goal with 13 seconds left (Nodak scored the GWG less than a minute into overtime). CC has a hard time winning faceoffs. I believe the CC radio guy said Nodak won 75% last weekend. Goaltending was an issue but both Howe and Thorimbert have played well the last two weeks. Defense is a huge issue but CC can score and score in bunches. Seems like most games they win are shootouts. Don't know much about Minnesota?

Comment

From what I hear, CC jacked the tix prices for MN. No surprise.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Was at World Arena last Saturday to see Yale sneak out with an OT victory. Nice building, full bars, and expect at least 7000 for Gophers. A couple of Minnesota high school studs in CC lineup including goalie Joe Howe (Wayzata), Archie Skalbeck (Hopkins), Charlie Taft (Edina) and Michael Morin (Breck). Should be a good series.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
              Twinkies? Where they gonna get those for less than a thousand bucks?
              Yes twinkies...you underestimate potheads, they would have had a large stash put away for these kinds of activities. (Tecmo on the NES marathons)

Comment

Alright so what's the best possible situation for the Gophers WCHA standing-wise? Obviously a sweep of CC would be a nice boost of 4 points putting them at 16. Saint Cloud and UNO split, UAA sweeps Mankato, WI and Mich. Tech split, UMD and Bemidji split and then what...hope for a UND sweep of Denver? Not sure I could ever cheer for a UND win especially because they haven't played an equal amount of games yet.

If all that happened, the standings would look like this:

1. Minnesota 16
                2. Denver 15
                3. St. Cloud 14
                4. NoDak 14
                5. UNO 13
                6. CC 10
                7. Mankato 10
                8. UMD 9
                9. UAA 9
                10. Mich Tech 9
                11. WI 9
                12. Bemidji 8

Comment

Alright so what's the best possible situation for the Gophers WCHA standing-wise? Obviously a sweep of CC would be a nice boost of 4 points putting them at 16. Saint Cloud and UNO split, UAA sweeps Mankato, WI and Mich. Tech split, UMD and Bemidji split and then what...hope for a UND sweep of Denver? Not sure I could ever cheer for a UND win especially because they haven't played an equal amount of games yet.

If all that happened, the standings would look like this:

1. Minnesota 16
                  2. Denver 15
                  3. St. Cloud 14
                  4. NoDak 14
                  5. UNO 13
                  6. CC 10
                  7. Mankato 10
                  8. UMD 9
                  9. UAA 9
                  10. Mich Tech 9
                  11. WI 9
                  12. Bemidji 8
                  UAA will not sweep at Kato, I could see splits for some of the others though.

Comment

Will there be a trophy for the team that is leading the WCHA at the half way point?
                    "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                      Will there be a trophy for the team that is leading the WCHA at the half way point?
                      Sure, isn't that the Herb Foss?

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                        Is it ever to early to pick up points on opponents? This is especially true when our schedule still has teams like CC, DU, SCSU and UND on them. Granted SCSU and DU also have tough WCHA games ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          From what I hear, CC jacked the tix prices for MN. No surprise.
                          I think it would be surprising if a team did not do that.

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                            CC only has about 2000 students so there are a lot of "townies" one of whom is Ron Mexico, a DU troller.
                            Don't flatter yourself. I'm an equal opportunity offeneder.

Also, I can't agree more. It's an absolute shame that CC's program is embraced by the community...
                            Originally posted by vizoroo
                            Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
                            Originally posted by duper
                            I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
                            Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
                            Originally posted by dggoddard
                            Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Is it ever to early to pick up points on opponents? This is especially true when our schedule still has teams like CC, DU, SCSU and UND on them. Granted SCSU and DU also have tough WCHA games ahead.
                              Not gonna disagree with that. Just don't really care what place any given team is sitting in the conference standings at this point of the season.
                              "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

As a Gopher fan, I will want to vociferously cheer on my team. As a pothead, it is more likely that I will sit on my bouncy chair contemplating whether Funions, Gummy Bears or a Klondike bar will be next as I quietly fist-pump
                                to the tune of the Minnesota rouser. For the record, six or seven Klondike bars ought to do it. Sweep.
                                You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

Working...
                                X