Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MTU at NMU 12/04/12: WOOF!

Tuesday night hockey.... Blah....

Cats got swept by Western... Huskies lost and tied tUMD....

Expecting a quiet thread..... K, GO!
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Re: MTU at NMU 12/04/12: WOOF!

Throwing my generic "Go 'Cats" to this thread.

That said, NMU seems to have on-nights and off-nights.

I'm guessing for an "on-night" and pick the 'Cats to win 4-2 with a few double minors thrown in for fun.

Comment

Pre-season, I picked Tech to stomp Northern in both games. However, given Tech's hot n cold goaltending, I think this game is a toss up.
      Tech certainly has a lot of offensive firepower based on shots-on-goal, but key guys have underperformed.
      NMU however, seems to be in worse shape than Tech.
      The Cats have the worst penalty kill in the CCHA and I expect a game with a lot of penalties.
      NMU also seems to fade in the third period, while Tech tends to perk up.
      I pick Tech to win in a high scoring affair....perhaps 6-4.

Comment

Tuesday night games are dumb. That is all.
        MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Has anyone seen the Ramada Cup?

Oh right, we're still hanging onto it until we play meaningful games.
          [/trollpost]
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I checked on tickets for Tuesday's game out of curiousity and they are almost sold out.
            LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
              Tuesday night games are dumb. That is all.
              It was either play on Tuesdays or don't play Tech this year.
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                It was either play on Tuesdays or don't play Tech this year.
                No worries there next year!
                MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Looking ahead to next next year, have they decided if they'll do home/away or full weekends at each school?

As for tomorrow, I expect Tech will have the edge. Northern will probably be flat due to lingering effects of the road trip just completed and Tech will be fired up for revenge of last years outcomes. The Huskies apparent inconsistencies in net will be offset by the Cats consistant lack of offense. It would be nice to see Thurber and Rose back but that will be up to coach Kyle.

Comment

Full weekends would require a hotel stay. I would think a pair of H/H series, even with the two extra bus segments for each team, is cheaper than one night in a hotel for 22 players + staff, but maybe I am wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      Full weekends would require a hotel stay. I would think a pair of H/H series, even with the two extra bus segments for each team, is cheaper than one night in a hotel for 22 players + staff, but maybe I am wrong.
                      Lake State claim's it doesn't. Or Roque doesn't like loading up the bus to MQT twice a year, one of the two.

Ninety miles isn't terrible. And I'd have to agree that the cost of a bus for that short distance is much cheaper than 15 or 16 hotel rooms. Marquette to Houghton (and vice versa) is very similar to the East coast teams usual bus trips.
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Before NMU Pussed out for the CCHA they went home and home with Tech for the WCHA schedule.

Comment

Tech sucks a giant fat sausage

Comment

For those of us that will be attending the game on tuesday...

Fans asked to wear purple to MTU/NMU Hockey game

Posted on December 3, 2012 by JT

The intense college hockey rivalry between Michigan Tech and Northern Michigan usually involves fans wearing their best green and gold or black and gold attire when these two teams get together.

For tomorrow’s nights game at the Berry Events Center in Marquette, fans of both teams are being asked to wear the color purple in memory of Arianna Alioto, the NMU freshman soccer player who passed away this past Friday.

Purple was Arianna’s favorite color.

There is a Facebook page dedicated to wearing purple for Arianna tomorrow night, here is the link: http://www.facebook.com/events/299998876768825/

The game between Michigan Tech and Northern Michigan is set to start at 7:35 pm tomorrow night.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatch_man View Post
                              For those of us that will be attending the game on tuesday...

Fans asked to wear purple to MTU/NMU Hockey game

Posted on December 3, 2012 by JT

The intense college hockey rivalry between Michigan Tech and Northern Michigan usually involves fans wearing their best green and gold or black and gold attire when these two teams get together.

For tomorrow’s nights game at the Berry Events Center in Marquette, fans of both teams are being asked to wear the color purple in memory of Arianna Alioto, the NMU freshman soccer player who passed away this past Friday.

Purple was Arianna’s favorite color.

There is a Facebook page dedicated to wearing purple for Arianna tomorrow night, here is the link: http://www.facebook.com/events/299998876768825/

The game between Michigan Tech and Northern Michigan is set to start at 7:35 pm tomorrow night.
                              Very sad circumstances concerning this young lady.

I hope this isn't inappropriate, but maybe the 'Cats can win one for her tonight.
                              NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Working...
                              X