EA Sports NHL College Hockey Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EA Sports NHL College Hockey Project

Alright so this is a favor I'm asking, I'm currently in the process of making College Teams/Rosters for NHL. To make my process easier if you guys could rate your team's players on a scale of 60-99 (keep it reasonalbe and realistic). I don't expect your teams to all be 99's in fact I don't expect one player to be a 99 for example in making BG the best player I feel on our team was like an 84, some inflation is ok cause we all have opinions. I figured that it would be better to get it from people who watch the teams week in and week out.

Rate players on scale of 60-99, if possible please also tell me what type of player

Forwards: Grinder, Sniper, Playmaker, Two Way Forward
    Defenseman: Offensive, Defensive, Two Way
    Goalie: Stand Up, Butterfly, Hybrid

Teams needed evaluated

Air Force
    Alaska-Anchorage
    Alaska-Fairbanks
    Boston College
    Boston University
    Bowling Green (DONE)
    Colorado College
    Dartmouth (Green14 Volunteered)
    Denver
    Ferris State
    Lake Superior State
    Maine
    UMass-Amhurst
    Miami
    Michigan
    Michigan State
    Minnesota
    Minnesota-Duluth
    Minnesota State-Mankato
    Nebraska-Omaha
    New Hampshire
    North Dakota (AS15 Volunteered)
    Northern Michigan
    Notre Dame
    Ohio State
    Quinnipiac
    St Cloud State (SCSU Euro volunteered)
    Vermont
    Western Michigan
    Wisconsin

Thanks for the help
    Last edited by BG_Falcons; 11-30-2012, 05:39 PM.
    Bring Back the Glory...

1984 NCAA National Champions
    2 members of the "Miracle on Ice" 1980 Hockey Team

Re: EA Sports NHL College Hockey Project

Originally posted by BG_Falcons View Post
    Alright so this is a favor I'm asking, I'm currently in the process of making College Teams/Rosters for NHL. To make my process easier if you guys could rate your team's players on a scale of 60-99 (keep it reasonalbe and realistic). I don't expect your teams to all be 99's in fact I don't expect one player to be a 99 for example in making BG the best player I feel on our team was like an 84, some inflation is ok cause we all have opinions. I figured that it would be better to get it from people who watch the teams week in and week out.
    Just a suggestion, if Jdubbs asks to do Minnesota, say "no" so you don't get all 99s.
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Western bias. Plus, you're missing a lot of teams.

Comment

I would be ok with doing SCSU when I get some time... I am just curious what the scaling is like. It would be easier to gauge if I knew how highly rated players like Bjugstad, Milner and Laleggia are. And I assume you want current roster not all-time?
        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

I was going to offer to do Providence, but never mind....
          Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            Western bias. Plus, you're missing a lot of teams.
            Someone has to, I picked these 30 because it is to replace the number of NHL Teams in the GM mode in the game and then turning it into a dynasty type mode . Also because the jerseys on these teams would be the easiest to replicate in the game through looking around, I would gladly try and do more teams/as many as possible because the logo selections are awful and you can't create your own/write text in.
            Bring Back the Glory...

Comment

Is this an NHL 99 PC thing?
              AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

I'd be happy to throw together a Dartmouth list but would also appreciate some sort of reference point.
                Go Dartmouth!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                  Is this an NHL 99 PC thing?
                  No this is an NHL 13 thing, I tried doing something similar with a previous version where I re create the jersey's and teams the best I can and just play around for fun/do GM Mode but with "Colleges." it was really fun to do but unfortunetly a roster update ended up erasing all the teams and I'm finally getting around to trying it again.
                  Bring Back the Glory...

Comment

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
                    I was going to offer to do Providence, but never mind....
                    If you want to do a PC one than I would be more than happy to do it try and make them, I picked those 30 teams because of how easy it would be to replicate the jersey's in EA's watered down team creator
                    Bring Back the Glory...

Comment

Okay since I'm getting a few responses from people who don't have their team listed I would be more than happy to have the info on teams that are not on the list, the ones on that list are just teams that I've created before so I know how easy it would be to replicate their uniforms in the Create a Team mode, I WILL TAKE SUBMISSIONS FROM ALL TEAMS

I'll try and play around with some ratings stuff for some of the upper level players this weekend and give you guys a reference, I mean I should be able to rate the higher level players on some of the teams to give you guys some stuff to go off of for the mid level players.

Thanks
                      Bring Back the Glory...

Comment

Originally posted by BG_Falcons View Post
                        Someone has to, I picked these 30 because it is to replace the number of NHL Teams in the GM mode in the game and then turning it into a dynasty type mode . Also because the jerseys on these teams would be the easiest to replicate in the game through looking around, I would gladly try and do more teams/as many as possible because the logo selections are awful and you can't create your own/write text in.
                        I didn't know Cornell was so difficult to replicate; they practically stole from the Red Wings... (or was it the other way around?)

Comment

I didn't know Cornell was so difficult to replicate; they practically stole from the Red Wings... (or was it the other way around?)
                          I'm way more familar with the midwest and westen hockey teams so sorry, but I do feel stupid looking at Cornell's jerseys and saying that, I'll probably try to make as many as I can, if people want to help me out and they do East teams I don't have listed I would rather have that then not getting help, the problem is there are only so many slots available for created teams in the game
                          Bring Back the Glory...

Comment

Originally posted by Green14 View Post
                            I'd be happy to throw together a Dartmouth list but would also appreciate some sort of reference point.
                            This is a reference point it's not top players it's BGSU's team. BG is a bottom half team with some talent and the ability to at least compete /beat some upper level teams (especially come playoff time).

I rated the best player on the team in my opinion Ryan Carpenter as an 84 and the lowest player the 3rd Goalie as an 64 with the teams averaged out rating to be a 76 which I would consider somewhat accurate, I would consider Bjugstad as the best player in College Hockey right now and would probably rate him as a 94-95 range. If that helps
                            Bring Back the Glory...

Comment

Come on now. They stole it from RPI, after RPI stole it from the Red Wings. Too bad RPI doesn't wear the style anymore.

From the Cornell Alumni Magazine Vol 104 No. 4 describing why Cornell's uniforms are bright red
                              Some give credit to legendary hockey and lacrosse coach Ned Harkness, who came to the Hill in 1963. He changed the color of the hockey uniforms to bright red (perhaps because that was what he was accustomed to, after eighteen years at RPI); other Cornell sports teams followed suit.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                              X