Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bowling Green Hockey (From the Floor to the Final Four...back to the floor, Falcon A)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bowling Green Hockey (From the Floor to the Final Four...back to the floor, Falco

It hurt to lose tonight... We've always had trouble getting the W in BG. You guys are going to have to bring that game and more to win at Lawson tomorrow! GO BRONCOS!!
    Whiney Ferris Knuckle-dragger:"You're exactly right, the WMU students & fans are out of control. The Lawson Lunatics are a bunch of wild animals with zero class or civility"

Comment

Re: Bowling Green Hockey (From the Floor to the Final Four...back to the floor, Falco

Originally posted by Lawson_lunatic27 View Post
      It hurt to lose tonight... We've always had trouble getting the W in BG. You guys are going to have to bring that game and more to win at Lawson tomorrow! GO BRONCOS!!
      I agree, that we WILL have bring our best game tomorrow night! The confidence I've seen in the team through the last 3 games will also be a big factor! Can we sweep? Yes, without a doubt, but will we? Sure hope so!!!!

GO FALCONS!!
      Beat the Broncos....AGAIN!!!

#RelentlessHockey
      #NeverGiveUp
      #NeverSurrender
      #RelentlessFalconHockey
      #NeverGiveUp
      #NeverSurrender

GO BG!!
      Falcons Forever!!

Comment

FWIW, as strange as it may sound, we have a better road record than home record this year. We know how to "bring it" on the road. This is a different team than you saw earlier this season. The Falcons will be ready, will the Broncos?

Comment

Well I didn't get to watch much of the series but from what I heard on the radio it sounded entertaining! I think the outcome of this weekend was a Bronco team that had an off weekend, and a BG team that has gotten ALOT better. Our last conference match-up ends in a tie, and that seems fitting! Hopefully we see you guys again sooner rather than later.

Best of luck in the nWCHA!
          Whiney Ferris Knuckle-dragger:"You're exactly right, the WMU students & fans are out of control. The Lawson Lunatics are a bunch of wild animals with zero class or civility"

Comment

Well I didn't get to watch much of the series but from what I heard on the radio it sounded entertaining! I think the outcome of this weekend was a Bronco team that had an off weekend, and a BG team that has gotten ALOT better. Our last conference match-up ends in a tie, and that seems fitting! Hopefully we see you guys again sooner rather than later.

Best of luck in the nWCHA!
            I knew that we'd face a much tougher team at Lawson, especially after Friday's crazy game. I don't think the Broncos had an "off" weekend. I thought they may have taken BG too lightly on Friday night and the Falcons came out strong after their impressive win on Tuesday over ND. During that long 3+ minute, overlapping major penalty kill of 5:3, the more we cleared the puck, the crazier the crowd got and you could see the confidence grow and grow in the boys. Broncos were back on their heels a good part of the game and it showed. Seemed like they were holding their sticks too tight, trying too hard to find the perfect pass (on the 5:3). Too much passing clearly allowed us plenty of opportunities to clear the puck. Last night Western was more in control, especially on the PP, which is a big strength on your team. Not surprised to get the split, but more thrilled with the kind of wins we had over ND and Western this past week. Bodes well for our future.

Originally posted by IrishHockeyFan View Post
            Congrats on a pretty dominant win last night. BG is playing with some well deserved confidence right now. And having their way with Notre Dame and Michigan... what is this, 1983?
            FREAKING LOVED THIS POST!!! And those "glory" days are what were trying to get back to! Bergeron and his staff are doing that, little by little! The ND and WMU games in the arena this week felt like Old Time Falcon Hockey again! I know that more of those games are coming too! Look out nWCHA we're on our way!!
            #RelentlessFalconHockey
            #NeverGiveUp
            #NeverSurrender

GO BG!!
            Falcons Forever!!

Comment

After two tough losses last weekend against Miami we came back strong against LSSU last night! Now, let's go for the sweep!

Comment

So we lose 2 to Miami and this thread dies?! We just swept LSSU! Where the heck did everyone go?!

Comment

Originally posted by BGFan View Post
                  So we lose 2 to Miami and this thread dies?! We just swept LSSU! Where the heck did everyone go?!
                  I've been listening to the games regularly but haven't really had a lot of time to post up on here, a big sweep that helps a home playoff chance for BG, I say that BG should probably win 4 or 5 of the remaining games and hopefully have a strong run into the playoffs.

Also looking to next season, with the WCHA next year being arguably weaker than this year's CCHA if the team can keep this momentum going into next season and play like they have all second half, next year is looking good for a top 3 finish I would think, depending on the goaltending of Tommy Burke who has looked great in the games he's played and incoming freshman Thomas Scholl.
                  Bring Back the Glory...

1984 NCAA National Champions
                  2 members of the "Miracle on Ice" 1980 Hockey Team

Comment

Originally posted by BG_Falcons View Post
                    I've been listening to the games regularly but haven't really had a lot of time to post up on here, a big sweep that helps a home playoff chance for BG, I say that BG should probably win 4 or 5 of the remaining games and hopefully have a strong run into the playoffs.

Also looking to next season, with the WCHA next year being arguably weaker than this year's CCHA if the team can keep this momentum going into next season and play like they have all second half, next year is looking good for a top 3 finish I would think, depending on the goaltending of Tommy Burke who has looked great in the games he's played and incoming freshman Thomas Scholl.
                    Two questions for you.1. Do you have any idea what your non conference schedule will look like next season?
                    and 2. Weaker.? top 3? You have got to be kidding right. you will be lucky to win 50% of your games.
                    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                      Two questions for you.1. Do you have any idea what your non conference schedule will look like next season?
                      and 2. Weaker.? top 3? You have got to be kidding right. you will be lucky to win 50% of your games.
                      Who is going to be the top 3 in the new WCHA? After Ferris State, I'm having trouble picking who is next. Mankato State.

A current conference with a top 3 of Western Michigan, Miami and Notre Dame is tougher than what the new WCHA will offer.

Comment

Originally posted by alnike View Post
                        Who is going to be the top 3 in the new WCHA? After Ferris State, I'm having trouble picking who is next. Mankato State.

A current conference with a top 3 of Western Michigan, Miami and Notre Dame is tougher than what the new WCHA will offer.
                        My top 4 would be Ferris State, Mankato, BGSU, and UAF.
                        LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                          Since the turn around in December we've knocked off 3 top 10 teams so you tell me who will be lucky to win 50% of their games? The bulk of our scoring is coming from freshmen and sophomores, one of whom is in the top 4 in overall scoring in the CCHA. If Bergeron continues to recruit at this high of level, and it seems as if he is, I see a top 3 in the WCHA as very attainable.

Comment

Originally posted by BGFan View Post
                            Since the turn around in December we've knocked off 3 top 10 teams so you tell me who will be lucky to win 50% of their games? The bulk of our scoring is coming from freshmen and sophomores, one of whom is in the top 4 in overall scoring in the CCHA. If Bergeron continues to recruit at this high of level, and it seems as if he is, I see a top 3 in the WCHA as very attainable.
                            Pay no attention to manurespreader. His name says it all. Don't feed the troll.
                            Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

Team breakdown for nWCHA Overall Records (vs current top 20)

UAF 12-10-4 (3-5-0)
                              UAA 3-16-7 (1-11-2)
                              UAH 1-16-1 (0-7-1)
                              BSU 5-16-5 (2-8-3)
                              BGSU 10-13-5 (3-7-2)
                              FSU 13-11-4 (2-4-1)
                              LSSU 13-16-1 (3-4-1)
                              MTU 8-13-4 (3-6-2)
                              MSU-Mankato 16-9-3 (5-9-0)
                              NMU 11-12-4 (6-6-2)

I'd say my early standings would be

Mankato
                              UAF
                              FSU
                              BGSU
                              LSSU
                              NMU
                              MTU
                              BSU
                              UAA
                              UAH
                              Bring Back the Glory...

Comment

Recruit Update...

Kevin Dufour ,20, of Carleton Place (Ontario) in the Central Canadian (Junior) Hockey League and Chris Nell ,18, of Chicago in the United States (Junior) Hockey League.

eliteprospects.com profiles:

Kevin Dufour (F), Canada (7-21-92)
                                5-10, 170lbs or 5-11, 186 on the sent-trib (BG) article

2008-09 Séminaire St-François Blizzard QMAAA 4 0 3 3 0 |
                                2010-11 Champlain St-Lawrence Lions QCHL 33 19 26 45 4 | Playoffs 6 4 3 7 2
                                2011-12 Champlain St-Lawrence Lions QCHL 35 35 34 69 14 13 | Playoffs 9 2 8 10 22 6
                                2012-13 Carleton Place Canadians CCHL 25 14 12 26 8 |

Chris Nell, G, USA (9-2-94)
                                6-3, 161lbs

2011`-12 Notre Dame Academy USHS 30 1.58 .923 |
                                2012-13 Chicago Steel USHL 14 4.03 .887 |
                                Bring Back the Glory...

Comment

Working...
                                X