Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine 2012 - Take 2. If This Ain't the Bottom...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine 2012 - Take 2. If This Ain't the Bottom...

Originally posted by rufus View Post
    I don't get it.
    go [expletive deleted] yourself! smiley face

in response to your sarcastic contract extension now comment!

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
      I've spent the day talking to friends in the media and learned some interesting things about last night's game, but I'm not going to share them in this forum. Feel free to speculate.

Have no idea about the Undertaker as I haven't followed the WWE since grade school. I've said right along that people should contact Abbott or President Ferguson. I haven't contacted Ferguson myself, but his contact info is right there. Go for it. However, even that might not do you any good. You might be better off contacting Ted Alfond and asking about his support of Whitehead if everything I've heard is true. As long as that family is backing TW there isn't going to be a change behind the bench.
      Ted Alfond went to Rollins College in FL. I suppose he is now the patriarch of the Alfond Empire and still a big financial supporter of Maine Hockey. What can possibly be his enamourment with TW?

Comment

Leen's probably talking about the groans from the crowd when team falls behind or can't score. I'm sure it gets in the players' head, it shouldn't but it does....its like playing for the Red Sox when everyone expected everything to go wrong during the curse. I can't blame the kid.....I think it sucks that the kids are sometimes bearing the brunt of the ire towards the guy behind the bench.

I'm not saying don't boo or groan or whatever, I just think its unfortunate that there are good hard working kids getting caught up in the TW storm. That's hockey, its life, but its still unfortunate.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
        43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
        104-47-14 (.669) in that time
        3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
          Leen's probably talking about the groans from the crowd when team falls behind or can't score. I'm sure it gets in the players' head, it shouldn't but it does....its like playing for the Red Sox when everyone expected everything to go wrong during the curse. I can't blame the kid.....I think it sucks that the kids are sometimes bearing the brunt of the ire towards the guy behind the bench.

I'm not saying don't boo or groan or whatever, I just think its unfortunate that there are good hard working kids getting caught up in the TW storm. That's hockey, its life, but its still unfortunate.
          I agree and also think that the pressure that Whiteheads feeling gets translated directly to the kids. A team usually is a reflection of the guy behind the bench and when Timmays gripping his stick too tight, the whole dam team does too. To make matters worse, you have a head coach who is not a leader nor a take charge kind of guy who is the boss of an assistant coach in Corkum who is that kind of take charge guy . It just makes for an ugly situation and setup not only for the coaches but also for the players who see it day to day. Ultimately it does not work effectively.
          Last edited by all bear; 01-06-2013, 08:25 PM.
          sure why not

Comment

Two games against Mercyhurst and our SOS according to KRACH went from 8th to 20th.
            bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
            SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
            All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
            A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
              I wonder if he sits next weekend.? Seems like he should after last night. I thought that he would calm down as a Captain but he hasn't changed a bit. He isn't helping the team by sitting in the box so why not sit him.
              I agree.

Joey just doesn't fit in at all without skill-guys to feed him the puck, and he keeps taking bad penalties... A double-whammy.

Tim might as well play all the young guys as much as possible, if only to get them some experience in front of the massive rebuilding project with which Maine is faced. Even if he already knows he's toast, it's the least he can do, after pocketing all that salary for producing essentially nothing for the better part of eight seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                Maybe it's hard to get fired up when only 40% of the arena is full? The whole thing is embarrassing, I watched a little bit last night and there couldn't have been 2K people there.
                How many people were you expecting? I posted about the available ROWS of seats the other day. It is still Christmas break and there were no students there. $50 seats don't help. Oh, I found a seat in Hockey East that costs more. Ticketmaster had a $75 seat ($82.50 after fees) to the BC-UNH game this weekend in Durham. Conversely, I got front row behind the net both nights for Maine for $26 each. Wonder what would happen if I brought a fish...

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                Ted Alfond went to Rollins College in FL. I suppose he is now the patriarch of the Alfond Empire and still a big financial supporter of Maine Hockey. What can possibly be his enamourment with TW?
                He's a good golfing buddy? I have no idea.

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                Two games against Mercyhurst and our SOS according to KRACH went from 8th to 20th.
                Probably doesn't help the SOS that both Providence and Cornell got swept. It'll probably drop again with games against Merrimack and Northeastern upcoming.

As far as gripping their sticks too tightly at home, Whitneigh Kinne of WMEB said that exact same thing Saturday night during the game. It looked like things were finally going to go right and then the fluky goal at the end of the first sunk them. After that it was like the team just gave up. They had already hit the post twice and now the other team scores in the final seconds because the puck hits a guy in the face and bounces in? Sure, they eventually scored another goal to tie it, but it never felt like Maine had momentum again. Did anyone think, even when it was 2-2, that Maine was going to win that game?

There are things happening behind the scenes that make me think we haven't seen the bottom yet. Hope I'm wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                  How many people were you expecting? I posted about the available ROWS of seats the other day. It is still Christmas break and there were no students there. $50 seats don't help. Oh, I found a seat in Hockey East that costs more. Ticketmaster had a $75 seat ($82.50 after fees) to the BC-UNH game this weekend in Durham. Conversely, I got front row behind the net both nights for Maine for $26 each. Wonder what would happen if I brought a fish...

He's a good golfing buddy? I have no idea.

Probably doesn't help the SOS that both Providence and Cornell got swept. It'll probably drop again with games against Merrimack and Northeastern upcoming.

As far as gripping their sticks too tightly at home, Whitneigh Kinne of WMEB said that exact same thing Saturday night during the game. It looked like things were finally going to go right and then the fluky goal at the end of the first sunk them. After that it was like the team just gave up. They had already hit the post twice and now the other team scores in the final seconds because the puck hits a guy in the face and bounces in? Sure, they eventually scored another goal to tie it, but it never felt like Maine had momentum again. Did anyone think, even when it was 2-2, that Maine was going to win that game?

There are things happening behind the scenes that make me think we haven't seen the bottom yet. Hope I'm wrong.
                  I don't think there should ever be less than 4500 people IN THE BUILDING for a competitive game with no extinuating circumstances (classes not being in session does not count). As much as people don't like Timmy, I think the athletic department has been 1000X worse the last 10 years.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post

Hockey is a passionate game. Players are passionate about their game. Fans are passionate about their teams. Sometimes words come off the tongue before the entire thought is processed. Give these young men a break. They don't need any more pressure than they already have. I'm sure they respect the fans for coming out to watch them play the game they love and would just like to turn this season around for those fans.

Comment

Priceless....Enquiring minds want to know....what are you alluding to? Stop being coy and just spill the beans...or bears...or whatever..

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                        go [expletive deleted] yourself! smiley face

in response to your sarcastic contract extension now comment!
                        Yes, I got it(not very nice of you ) but was again just being sarcastic. I thought the tongue smiley would give it away.

So the Alfonds like being losers?
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

TIMMAY's gonna run Corkum out of town too? Gonna boot a few more guys off the team because he can't coach?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                            TIMMAY's gonna run Corkum out of town too? Gonna boot a few more guys off the team because he can't coach?
                            Stop focusing on the coach and try thinking big picture.

Comment

Stop focusing on the coach and try thinking big picture.
                              Dropping down to D-III?

Comment

UConns Hockey Coach(Marshall)has stepped down,has had medical issues this season,UConn will go with there Assistant the rest of the Season and then they are looking for a New Coach with a Nat. Search in the makings....Ideal time to buyout/fire TW and let him go and throw his Hat in the Ring for UConns next Head Coaching job...less pressure for TW and this could be HIS program and not have to hear the whispers of Shawn Walsh...over and over and over...he has resented the very notion of SW from the get-go...he needs a NEW start and so does the Maine Program....a win/win for everyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X