PDA

View Full Version : After a Black Friday, you need a Whiteout Weekend....

Pages : [1] 2 3

LakerEagleLover
11-25-2012, 07:18 PM
Snow is falling in Oswego and is in the forecast all week - a perfect setting for Whiteout Weekend....

Discuss...

lakont55
11-25-2012, 09:22 PM
Snow is falling in Oswego and is in the forecast all week - a perfect setting for Whiteout Weekend....

Discuss...

It is only Sunday and the Oz is already buzzing for this coming weekend
Go Lakers

WTOPAsstChief
11-26-2012, 06:05 AM
I'll be there with my traditional bells and whistles, highly anticipating the game this season.

LakerEagleLover
11-26-2012, 10:09 AM
Contrary to previous reports, the Oswego Box Office shows availability for both games this weekend....:D

https://tickets.oswego.edu/TheatreManager/95/login?event=0

norm1909
11-26-2012, 04:33 PM
I'll be there with my traditional bells and whistles, highly anticipating the game this season.

FYI - Bells & Whistles are prohibited by the NCAA. ;)

admiral0417
11-26-2012, 04:41 PM
What a GREAT College hockey rivalry !!

LoudHorns31
11-26-2012, 05:10 PM

only during the play of the game.... Delventhal and the former OSU AD's have banned them to take some of the fun away from the fans....

Birdwatcher
11-26-2012, 06:37 PM

Somebody should remind Brockport fans of that!!

LoudHorns31
11-26-2012, 07:06 PM
Somebody should remind Brockport fans of that!!

per the NCAA, each school can make their own rules when it comes to artificial noise makers. they are banned from championship games by the NCAA but any games on campus it is up to the school to make their own rules on the allowance or banning of any noise makers.

PSUChamps2001
11-26-2012, 07:13 PM
per the NCAA, each school can make their own rules when it comes to artificial noise makers. they are banned from championship games by the NCAA but any games on campus it is up to the school to make their own rules on the allowance or banning of any noise makers.

I have to go back but I think the SUNYAC made a rule as well now....go figure......

Also note, the officials asked that all noisemakers not be played while the game was in progress over the PA.....that last a whole like :30 seconds....

bakdraft21
11-26-2012, 08:24 PM
per the NCAA, each school can make their own rules when it comes to artificial noise makers. they are banned from championship games by the NCAA but any games on campus it is up to the school to make their own rules on the allowance or banning of any noise makers. as per my wife, I cannot make to much noise as well........:eek:

LoudHorns31
11-26-2012, 08:40 PM
as per my wife, I cannot make to much noise as well........:eek:

they can't throw me our for using my own artificial noise maker.... I can yell and scream as much as I want!

lakont55
11-26-2012, 09:21 PM
they can't throw me our for using my own artificial noise maker.... I can yell and scream as much as I want!

No they can't and so you will. Trust me you will have plenty of noisy company.

LoudHorns31
11-26-2012, 09:28 PM
No they can't and so you will. Trust me you will have plenty of noisy company.

I've only missed 1 game in the Plattsburgh/Oswego rivalry in the past 10 years or so. I know exactly how noisy Romney was and the CC is. That's part of what makes the game so fun.

norm1909
11-26-2012, 09:55 PM
I have to go back but I think the SUNYAC made a rule as well now....go figure......

Also note, the officials asked that all noisemakers not be played while the game was in progress over the PA.....that last a whole like :30 seconds....

Per the SUNYAC Handbook (http://www.sunyac.com/documents/2012/11/15/2012-13Handbook11151270.pdf): (page 62)

Artificial noisemakers, air horns and electronic instruments are not permissible.
The Director of Athletics or the designated representative of the host institution is
responsible for removing such instruments from the competition area. Bands or any
component thereof are not allowed to play while the competition is in progress.

LakerEagleLover
11-27-2012, 06:04 AM
WTOP's new intro for the weekend... WNYO and WTOP preparing for their "Super Bowl" with extended pre-game, in-game and post-game programming...

http://youtu.be/3WcPjuus-Ig

bakdraft21
11-27-2012, 08:28 AM
they can't throw me our for using my own artificial noise maker.... I can yell and scream as much as I want! 10-4 ...but they can send security to" keep an eye on ya",like they did to me a few yrs ago at the CC:eek::D...bottom line you can yell and scream as long as you dont curse,at the garden if you curse security will make sure its only once, and thats in the old cheap seats the blues......times have changed

LakerEagleLover
11-27-2012, 12:37 PM
Saturday's game is officially sold out...for real this time...

LoudHorns31
11-27-2012, 03:20 PM
10-4 ...but they can send security to" keep an eye on ya",like they did to me a few yrs ago at the CC:eek::D...bottom line you can yell and scream as long as you dont curse,at the garden if you curse security will make sure its only once, and thats in the old cheap seats the blues......times have changed

I do my best not to curse since I usually have my nieces or nephews with me, and there are other kids in the arena.

WTOPAsstChief
11-27-2012, 04:44 PM
Perhaps we should have a pregame celebratory pint for all involved parties?