Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ticket Prices - Are any as outrageous as Harvard's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ticket Prices - Are any as outrageous as Harvard's?

Been to a few games in the past few weeks, just having fun seeing some different teams and some of my daughter's former club and high school teammates in action. Here's what I experienced for ticket prices:

You can walk into BC for free.
    The first class Whittemore Center at UNH will cost you $3
    A visit to see BU play at Walter Brown will cost you $6
    Meanwhile, the Bright arena at Harvard will cost you $15 dollars per adult / $10 per student.

Let me spell that just so we're clear that I didn't make a typo.

the Bright arena at Harvard will cost you FIFTEEN dollars per adult / TEN dollars per student.

Like most parents, I'm on the comp list for my daughter's games both home and away, so perhaps I'm a little ignorant to what's going on with ticket prices in the rest of women's college hockey, but still I think I'd have noticed if there ticket prices this high. So the question is.....is Harvard more inline with the norm, or did my furry little eyebrows get raised at the ticket window for good reason?

By the way, great game, fun to be there, love the jumbotron (2 years old I think?) had my daughter home with me since her team was off this weekend and she loved seeing her former jersey mates in action, but still..... surprised at the cost. Anyone else surprised?
    Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Re: Ticket Prices - Are any as outrageous as Harvard's?

For Minnesota, reserved seating is $9 and general admission is $8. There are a lot of ways to get discounts, though.

Comment

WCHA adult prices tend to vary from $5 (Wisconsin) to $10 (UMD) with some in the middle ($7 at North Dakota.)
      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

How much did you pay to park?

Comment

Originally posted by OneTimer View Post
          How much did you pay to park?
          Excellent question! I arrived right at game time, walking to the ticket window during the national anthem. There were no free spots left immediately surrounding the Bright, so I ended up in a metered parking lot nearby. The rate was $0.25 per 12 minutes, so to account for the potential of overtime, I paid an addtional $3.
          Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
            WCHA adult prices tend to vary from $5 (Wisconsin) to $10 (UMD) with some in the middle ($7 at North Dakota.)
            Isn't Mankato $3 or less?

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
              Isn't Mankato $3 or less?
              Six dollars the last time I was there.
              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Women's Hockey at Ohio State is free. Admission to Men's Hockey at the NHL-quality Schottenstein Center is $11. So obviously we're at the other extreme. Regardless, I'd say the raised eyebrows had plenty of justification.

Now I'll allow that the difference in absolute terms, for one game, isn't that great. But over the course of a full season, $15 a pop really adds up. I would hope that Harvard makes season tickets available at a meaningful discount.

Comment

UNH normally charges $7 for a single adult ticket but they did have a $3 promo this weekend for the 1st game vs Minny. A season ticket at UNH is $30 plus some ticketshafter fees - still a great bargain for 16 regular season games plus a free exhibition. I checked Harvard's site and the season ticket price for 10 home games is $140 for anybody over 12 (under 12 is free) ...ouch! Just ask DC about parking at Harvard
                  THINK PINK
                  BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by IceIsNice View Post
                    Meanwhile, the Bright arena at Harvard will cost you $15 dollars per adult / $10 per student.
                    Wow, what a joke! Is that the women's own arena? Is it normally sold out?

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Tuuk View Post
                      Wow, what a joke!
                      Uhhh... yah, seriously... Put it this way: $15 is more than BOSTON COLLEGE -- the nation's premier college hockey program by literally any measure whatsoever -- charges for THEIR MEN'S GAMES.
                      Is that the women's own arena?
                      Nope.
                      Is it normally sold out?
                      This would barely be a reasonable question if we were talking about men's hockey.
                      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Minnesota State (Mankato) -- I can confirm what Arlan said: $6.

St. Cloud State -- also $6.

Minnesota -- $8 for a bench seat (unless a promo is running), $10 for a chair seat

Minnesota-Duluth -- $12
                        Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
                        Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
                        Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

Not sure off all the prices this year (Like Ice get Parent Comp tickets), but here are some other teams in the ECAC.

Brown - Free
                          Princeton - Free
                          SLU - $2 (exhibition vs McGill, I think it is more for regular games)
                          Clarkson - $4 (Fuzzy memory from last year).

Comment

Here's another data point, Maine = Free.

Comment

Providence = Free

Comment

Working...
                              X