Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nebraska-Omaha vs. Minnesota. 11/30, 12/01.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nebraska-Omaha vs. Minnesota. 11/30, 12/01.

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
    The guy didn't appreciate the opportunity to wear the "M". Wasn't worth playing another year in the USHL to him. I don't want anyone on the Gophers who doesn't treasure the "M".
    It sounded like he had played there for 2 1/2 years and accomplished pretty much all he could in the USHL, not saying you are wrong but if I was him I would want to go play College Hockey as well. Maybe there was another issue.
    Originally posted by CavalryNate
    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
      Refresh my memory, I don't remember why.
      Let's just say he's not a character guy and has a corrosive effect on the idea of "team".
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Let's just say he's not a character guy and has a corrosive effect on the idea of "team".
        Ahh gotcha.
        Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
          It sounded like he had played there for 2 1/2 years and accomplished pretty much all he could in the USHL, not saying you are wrong but if I was him I would want to go play College Hockey as well. Maybe there was another issue.
          I understand that, I like players who treasure the opportunity to play here, even if that means they need to be patient with opportunities. Those same guys sometimes complain when they don't get special teams time right away or other opportunities they feel they are entitled to. Playing for the Gophers is an honor that a lot of kids dream about, not a right anyone is entitled to

Comment

I can't remember any other time where the Gophers wanted a recruit to play more than two years of juniors. And I can't blame him for wanting to get his college career going. He may have had "character issues" but you can bet that Dean Blais is glad to have him.
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

I'm a math teacher and a hockey fan. Draw whatever conclusions you want from these stats:

UNO away: 3.5 goals for, 2.0 goals against. (Only played 2 away games)
              MN @ home: 3.75 goals for, 1.125 against.

On Fridays:
              MN has 3.43 goals for with 1.86 against, UNO has 3.5 goals for and 1.83 against.

On Saturdays:
              MN has 3.63 goals for with 1.5 against, UNO has 4 goals with 2.33 against.

MN only has 1.1 less penalty minutes on average than UNO. Minnesota has the conference fewest, UNO is 2nd fewest.

Minnesota holds a 1% better PP while Minnesota and UNO are 3rd and 4th respectively in this category.

Minnesota and UNO are first and second in the conference on the penalty kill with MN holding a 4.3% advantage.

Here's my call:
              Fri: 4-2 Gophers win coming from behind in the second.
              Saturday: 2-1 Gophers edge UNO in a game-winning goal in the third.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                I can't remember any other time where the Gophers wanted a recruit to play more than two years of juniors. And I can't blame him for wanting to get his college career going. He may have had "character issues" but you can bet that Dean Blais is glad to have him.
                I'm sure Dean is thrilled to have him. That misses the point entirely.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  I'm sure Dean is thrilled to have him. That misses the point entirely.
                  That's something that I don't think can be underestimated right now. The past couple years, the Gophers have started acting much more as a team than at times in the (not too distant) past. If he had potential to disrupt the "team" chemistry, I think it may be better off this way.

Comment

I just cannot decide whether this game is going to be high scoring or low. Very good goalies with teams that know how to score. Is there anyone predicting a UNO sweep?
                    The University of Minnesota Duluth

Tweet -> @Matt_Christians

http://umdbulldogcountry.blogspot.com/

Comment

Looks like Warning will be in the lineup, back with Haula. I'm surprised they didn't put Budish back up on the 1st line with Bjugs and Rau and move Isaackson down to the 2nd line.

They also have Parenteau playing as a 4th line wing (which I hate) wish he was back on D.

Hope Warning is fully healthy.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_MN View Post
                        That's something that I don't think can be underestimated right now. The past couple years, the Gophers have started acting much more as a team than at times in the (not too distant) past. If he had potential to disrupt the "team" chemistry, I think it may be better off this way.
                        Makes sense. You would hate to mess with the gophs sweet-*** chemistry that has got all those top-notch talent blue-chippers devastating, well maybe not devastating, but... dominating.....er.... splitting with a bunch of non TUC teams. That would have sucked. Dodged a bullet.
                        I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

Comment

Fox Sports North says its playing the Timberwolves game tonight at 7 (TV GUIDE). What gives? I thought it was supposed to be Omaha vs. Minnesota

Last edited by Pants; 11-30-2012, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pants View Post
                            Fox Sports North says its playing the Timberwolves game tonight at 7. What gives? I thought it was supposed to be Omaha vs. Minnesota

The hockey game is on. The Comcast guide is lying.
                            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Outside of the state of Minnesota, are you sure? I went to their website and if I put in a zipcode and look at the Fox Sports North listings, Omaha vs. Minnesota is not on there. If I put a Minnesota zip code in, it says it's hockey. I'm going to be sad if I show up at the bar, they turn on Fox Sports North and it's Timberwolves. No one wants to watch that crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Pants View Post
                                Outside of the state of Minnesota, are you sure? I went to their website and if I put in a zipcode and look at the Fox Sports North listings, Omaha vs. Minnesota is not on there. If I put a Minnesota zip code in, it says it's hockey. I'm going to be sad if I show up at the bar, they turn on Fox Sports North and it's Timberwolves. No one wants to watch that crap.
                                “@fsnorth: Clarification on 2nites lineup: @gopherhockey on @fsnorth, @MNTimberwolves on My29 in Twin Cities & on @fsnorth PLUS outside of Twin Cities.”
                                @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                                On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                                High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Working...
                                X