Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DOWN FROM THE HILLS THEY COME!!!...Dartmouth Big Green women's ice hockey, 2012-13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOWN FROM THE HILLS THEY COME!!!...Dartmouth Big Green women's ice hockey, 2012-13

As we speak...(speak up, you) my women are very likely upbraiding girls in town from across two states- the variously 'consigned', I hear, so called... Cornell Big Red! Go Dartmouth...GO BIG GREEN!! WAHOO!!!!! Wish I were there (in Thompson) to urge them- the wonderful Dartmouth women skaters... on as only I, me, Rafter Jack, Pap., can!

"Work- Work- Work!" /
    "Leave it A L L L L L L LLL LL on-the-ice tonight my wonderful (you so brave) girls!" /
    "Rally, rally now O fabulous workers for good and honorable victory...and win!"
    "The North Wind's Gods are stirring their brew/elixir and u shall SUCCEED in Hanover's wilds a g a i n brave ones!"

WE ARE WITH YOU!!!!!
    Last edited by papulaisle; 11-23-2012, 06:40 PM.

Re: DOWN FROM THE HILLS THEY COME!!!...Dartmouth Big Green women's ice hockey, 2012-1

Oh, Watchman...what news?
    Sir: Dartmouth 1, Foe- 0

!!!!!!!!!
    The Ice Gods are they howling ling ling ling....

Comment

Re: DOWN FROM THE HILLS THEY COME!!!...Dartmouth Big Green women's ice hockey, 2012-1

Laura Stacey with the game's first goal at 18:40 in the first period against Cornell at Thompson Arena.

Comment

Visitors have slunk away- SLUNK I say... to mend if they can their grievous wounds! A- Ha! We gave at least as good as we got here on Hanover's plain this historic day. That we, the Dartmouth G R E E N can prevail has no doubters...never has been in doubt this day! Work, work, work. Never give in O lass. Fight and battle til honorable 'mongst allllll ll llll ll women, victory C O M E S!

O great and propitious North Wind Gods hear me my plea, this humblest wish!

Comment

Taylor Woods for Cornell ties it at 1-1 in the second period.

Comment

Tied at 1 apiece after two periods.

Comment

Now is time. Now hold and watch for their let-up. It will come. Is a match to see who might ease up, even. This foe we have seen a-fore. They haughty. They expect we fold, leave off, abandon this ice. But we have taken their measure and now know such, much, about them. Strike, my wonderful mates and put them into a long, justified (bus ride) swoon! They count on the gap b made by our Green and wee know this waiting game and stra te gy well...will again not do so and WE shall gain victory and win and fool this ever more prideful gang.

So it is written.
              Last edited by papulaisle; 11-23-2012, 07:41 PM.

Comment

But here in my heart there are no losses. Not tonight for even agin this haughty, haughty foe- especially those who left it all, all there on the ice. For each of them- us, there is certain joy in a complete and great effort.
                Let us celebrate!

We love you our college.

Comment

Originally posted by papulaisle View Post
                  But here in my heart there are no losses. Not tonight for even agin this haughty, haughty foe- especially those who left it all, all there on the ice. For each of them- us, there is certain joy in a complete and great effort.
                  Let us celebrate!

We love you our college.
                  Does that mean you lost or is the game in limbo Paps? Haughty foe? Priceless...useless, less.........................................tomor row. Repent!

Comment

Originally posted by papulaisle View Post
                    Visitors have slunk away- SLUNK I say... to mend if they can their grievous wounds! A- Ha! We gave at least as good as we got here on Hanover's plain this historic day. That we, the Dartmouth G R E E N can prevail has no doubters...never has been in doubt this day! Work, work, work. Never give in O lass. Fight and battle til honorable 'mongst allllll ll llll ll women, victory C O M E S!

O great and propitious North Wind Gods hear me my plea, this humblest wish!
                    Dude, put down the bong and walk away and no one will get hurt

Comment

Originally posted by CanHockGuy View Post
                      Does that mean you lost or is the game in limbo Paps? Haughty foe? Priceless...useless, less.........................................tomor row. Repent!
                      Alas, we lost in OT. It was an excellent game to watch and both teams had many chances to win it. PP goals made the difference for Cornell.

Papulaisle, hello! Up, up Big Green!

Comment

DOWN FROM THE HILLS THEY COME!!!...Dartmouth Big Green women's ice hockey, 2012-13

Yes, up, up Big Green!
                        Rise and conquer again!

By bus (?) Friday against rival of allllllllllllllll time, O dear old Dartmouth my wonderful women: the hated (wearing hats...), the smirking, "Laughing (ha-ha), chaffing (ha-ha), nectar-quaffing (ha-ha-ha)" gang of six (w. way more, loads more...more allllllllll S N I C K E R I N G -& hated- at/on the group C. bench) these proud, SNEERING! SNICKERING! HATED! SMIRKING! LAUGHING HA HA! "John's" of Massachusetts (7 P.M. their ice...Egad but not to ever worry as we W O R K...), the original pure, too pure, I say, Puritan Iv, Ivie, Ivy cling-ons.

O Dartmouth women, FLUSH these (John's) Charles River cuties...they like the Red, or Crimson...Coats of yore attempting to overwhelm our New England sisters and brothers (by stealth in the night- farmers, country folks, yes, frontier women O Green with envy of you...) in '75! Drive them, I say drive them...drive these pure-e-tans and their life defeating, besmearing, belittling, be boring ethic, Pure e tan ism (o cruel rule and blue law bearing ilk) back, all the way back to the Back Bay as your forefathers once did by being from behind every stone, Huh- u like? under which they of course now will look for succor, look to se-crete themselves, as once their Lobster backed fathers certainly did do.

Even, Yea ! they hid behind their own especial Stone...it has been said, told!

O Yes, Yes- drive them!

We surely can do it. We surely can succeed! O, Ye Gods it is there in us!!!

Remember our credo- work, work, work- never let up/give up. No matter no matter no matter no matter (NO MATTER!) the outcome we are victorious with such O my marvelous, marvelous Green wonderful women as we W O R K.

Yes!

Comment

O but if I remember my G&S...."nectar quaffing (hohoho)....See how the Fates their gifts allot/for A is happy, B is not..../but condemned to lose (?) is she (?)/happy, meritorious B....."

Yes, it would be memorable if the bands and the stands were to burst forth into topsy-turvy Gilbert & Sullivan volleyed thunder on Friday evening.....

Comment

Originally posted by watson rink View Post
                            o but if i remember my g&s...."nectar quaffing (hohoho)....see how the fates their gifts allot/for a is happy, b is not..../but condemned to lose (?) is she (?)/happy, meritorious b....."

yes, it would be memorable if the bands and the stands were to burst forth into topsy-turvy gilbert & sullivan volleyed thunder on friday evening.....
                            go green go!

Comment

Originally posted by hux View Post
                              dude, put down the bong and walk away and no one will get hurt

This literally made my week.

Comment

Working...
                              X