Minnesota @ Vermont: 11/23 -11/24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota @ Vermont: 11/23 -11/24

2nd period last night is what I expect to see every game. Wow!

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
    Oh, I ****in want 'em.

Can't be the best unless you beat the best.
    I'm with you on this.
    BC? Lets get it on.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
    And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
    Twenty red lights in his honor
    Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
      2nd period last night is what I expect to see every game. Wow!

I'm with you on this.
      BC? Lets get it on.
      While it would be fun to beat them, I would take a NC anyway they could get it. If BC got knocked off before they played the Gophers and the Gophs went on to win it all, it wouldn't diminish the feat at all. To win a NC, everything has to come together. Just a hot goalie and a couple bounces with an inferior team can beat the most talented team in the nation on a given night. A team doesn't have to beat the hottest program in recent years for an NC to be legit.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
        While it would be fun to beat them, I would take a NC anyway they could get it. If BC got knocked off before they played the Gophers and the Gophs went on to win it all, it wouldn't diminish the feat at all. To win a NC, everything has to come together. Just a hot goalie and a couple bounces with an inferior team can beat the most talented team in the nation on a given night. A team doesn't have to beat the hottest program in recent years for an NC to be legit.
        Holy C** never mind.
        Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
        dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
        wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
          Everyone likes a 1 vs 2 NC game. But if a 4 makes it to the final game than perhaps the team they beat was mis-ranked.

Comment

Back to topic... What does Vermont have in the plans for tonight? I would say they need to bring their "A" game but after watching last nights game, I think they need to bring their "A++" game.

Comment

Originally posted by Call It View Post
              Back to topic... What does Vermont have in the plans for tonight? I would say they need to bring their "A" game but after watching last nights game, I think they need to bring their "A++" game.
              Or they are planning for Mn's inconsistancy to come through.....

If MN plays like they did in period 2 last night, I don't think Vermont has the firepower to win, given they are missing a couple key players. But this is hockey, and they played better in the third, so who knows...

Comment

Last year we beat them 6-0 on Friday night and we followed that up with a 5-4 loss on Sunday afternoon (at Mariucci), we will have to play hard and smart to win tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                  Last year we beat them 6-0 on Friday night and we followed that up with a 5-4 loss on Sunday afternoon (at Mariucci), we will have to play to win tonight.
                  Fixed.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    Fixed.
                    nice

Comment

We're gonna curbstomp The Kitties tonight.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                        Last year we beat them 6-0 on Friday night and we followed that up with a 5-4 loss on Sunday afternoon (at Mariucci), we will have to play hard and smart to win tonight.
                        Thus we know not to let down in Game 2, I hope we have learned from last year. Vermont is missing a key guy but his line is only 1g +1a for 2 pts in 7 games. Was that Vermont's #1 goalie last night?

Comment

The loss in that second game last season to Vermont was due to a string of stupid penalties by the Gophs in the 2nd period that derailed their momentum in that game. Play hard and play smart tonight and the Gophers should be in good shape.
                          University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Call It View Post
                            Thus we know not to let down in Game 2, I hope we have learned from last year. Vermont is missing a key guy but his line is only 1g +1a for 2 pts in 7 games. Was that Vermont's #1 goalie last night?
                            The injured forwards (Brickley and Markison) are 2 of the top 3 or 4 forwards on the team. Brickley has had a slow start to the season and he is a 2nd round pick for the Florida Panthers.

Hoffman has started all of the games for Vermont.

Comment

Despite a very, very, inspired third period by the Cats in which they dominated play, MN is able to hang on for a 3-1 (eng) win and a road sweep. Good luck the rest of the season, Cats.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                              And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                              Twenty red lights in his honor
                              Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X