Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jerry York and the quest for win #925

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
    To have that much success, you have to think the NHL would be a tempting place. You would need to be a guy who is tremendously successful and willing to stay in the college ranks for his entire career. That's a special type of guy. Guys like York, Parker, Umile, etc are a rare breed in that regard.
    and the three of them coached in the same conference mostly at the same time

Comment

Even the strongest supporter of the arch rival has to admit that Jerry York not only wins but does it with class. Easily one of the most accomplished and likeable peope around. I doubt his record will be broken but if it is it's hard to imagine it happening to a more admirable guy. Just wait a week for it to happen
      Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Minnesota looks very good this year. They're a big, physical team with some skilled players. That being said, I don't see BC losing to them at this time. I'm still not sure how it happened; on paper you guys were worse than last year, but in execution you are better. It's an unpleasant surprise considering the quality of recruits you'll be getting in 2013.

Comment

A short delay but the only question now is 2012 or 2013. I hope the latter.
          Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Obviously, not a big BC fan, but I was hoping they'd win last night to give Jerry a chance to set the record in front of the home fans. A win like that in a home barn must be an incredible experience for all involved. Now, I see the tie happening at home tonight, and the record coming in Providence. Although, for story-line, I'd love to see BC lose a couple, and set the record against Minne to smack those loud-mouthed basters in the face.
            bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
            SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
            All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
            A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Jerry will set the record many times in front of the home fans for every time BC wins he will set a new record. However I agree the historic win of breaking the record is what would have been great to do at home. Maybe Jerry could take a little vacation after the next win so that he can do it against Yale at home in January. That way he could both tie it at home and break it at home if they win tonight.

Comment

Congrats to Jerry York on tying the record tonight. I will be in Providence next Friday for hopefully the record setting game
                NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

As usual done with class. Congrats Jerry. And a tip of the hat to all the BU players who admirably congratulated him in the post game hand shake too.

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
                    As usual done with class. Congrats Jerry. And a tip of the hat to all the BU players who admirably congratulated him in the post game hand shake too.
                    yes, i noticed that. well done by the terriers

Comment

congrats coach York, the epitome of class in NCAA college hockey.

he's placed himself amongst the all-time greats alongside Badger Bob Johnson, Herb Brooks, et al
                      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Got my 2 tix to PC last night. There were only about 6 left.
                        Have seen a lot of BC milestones over the years... wouldn't miss this one for the world!

Edit: and sterlippo will be my travel partner. Hope the hell we can stay out of jail, at least until after the game.
                        Last edited by FiveHole12; 12-02-2012, 05:33 AM.
                        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                          Got my 2 tix to PC last night. There were only about 6 left.
                          Have seen a lot of BC milestones over the years... wouldn't miss this one for the world!

Edit: and sterlippo will be my travel partner. Hope the hell we can stay out of jail, at least until after the game.
                          Caserta's here we come!

Comment

Best college hockey coach. Ever. Could also hold his own as the best coach in any sport, ever, IMO. In fact you could knock a hundred wins off his career mark and I'd still say he was the best college hockey coach I've come across. York knows how to build and to win, and most importantly does it with genuine class. Who says you can't follow the rules and win big? Much as it pains this Irish fan, York and BC are the team of the 21st century by a country mile, and he's set all sorts of standards that will long outlast his tenure on the BC bench.

Comment

This is something that will never happen again, ever. Two former Falcon coaches Ron Mason and Jerry York share the record of the most wins by a college hockey coach. Jerry York will soon hold this record alone, but at this moment, the two former Falcon coaches share this honor. This is a piece of Falcon hockey history at its best.
                              (thanks to the Bleacher Creatures' Facebook post for this!)

Couldn't be prouder to call them former Falcons!!!
                              #RelentlessFalconHockey
                              #NeverGiveUp
                              #NeverSurrender

GO BG!!
                              Falcons Forever!!

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                                I'm gonna pretend this thread was never started.

Bottom of the ninth, 2 outs... "Hey Jerry, you've got a no-hitter going".
                                If Jerry does not get a win before the end of the year...

This Thread Must Be Deleted IMMEDIATELY on January 1st!

That is all.
                                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Working...
                                X