Dartmouth Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dartmouth Hockey

I watched the game on tv and what I saw was Dartmouth's speed. They did not miss many chances to get to the puck first. This is a team that is big, but they play with speed. Their skill level is very high which makes them so fun to watch. Grant played very well, he gave up a rebound on a bouncing puck which ended up being a goal against. Please note, the puck was not on a line to him, it bounced and was hard to handle. Overall, Dartmouth had spurts of their hard working and hard skating that they showed against Yale at home. It was not 60 minutes of amazing hockey. They did what they had to do and Walsh was the 2 goal star. Both of his goals were amazing for sure.

Comment

As of this morning, Dartmouth is #1 in PWR. Congrats, Big Green.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Big game Saturday for Dartmouth against Harvard. Dartmouth has got to get back on a roll to get higher in the pairwise rankings and have a shot at the NCAA tourney. Best wishes boys, take 'em to the wood shed!

Comment

Way to go Big Green tonight!

Comment

Nice road win against Brown tonight. Yale tomorrow night, go Big Green!

Comment

Gaudet's postgame session after tying Union 2-2...

Comment

Dartmouth looked pretty good on the road last night against Union. However, those Union jerseys were awesome, love the fact they took a road look at home NHL style. It was a good game to watch, Cab played really well and so did Troy. Tonight, I didn't watch the game. I tip my cap to RPI, it's pretty hard to keep Dartmouth off the board. I don't know what it is about this Dartmouth team on the road. They are so strong at home and the games I have seen them play on the road they have played well but have lost. It seems like they are a year away, but I hope this is the season they can crack the NCAA's since Bob took them there before as a great goalie. Not sure what it will take them to win on the road, but if they want to reach the NCAA's they better win every game at home and get at least a split on the road. I hope Bob and the boys can figure it out, we all cheer for them every week as fans.

Comment

On a happy note for Dartmouth fans, Nick Johnson got the game winner tonight against the Dallas Stars (2-0 Yotes win) and was the # 2 star. Hopefully, Stemp does as well against the Blackhawks in the late game tonight. The Pens won against the Devils, so cheers to Tanner Glass. Always thinking about the Big Green alumni !

Comment

I just posted this on the Harvard Crimson thread and thought I would share with our brothers from the north:

GAME UPDATE

Just saw this in the Harvard Storm Center website:
                    "Men's Ice Hockey: is playing at home Saturday (Feb. 9) vs. Dartmouth. That game is confirmed. The game is currently scheduled for broadcast on WBIN-TV as well as Fox College Sports."

I am posting this as both Harvard women's games this weekend have been postponed due to the blizzard forecast. Also perhaps as the Governor has asked all motorists to stay off the road after 12 noon Friday and also ordered MBTA service to end at 3:30PM on Friday.

Much as I love Harvard hockey I plan to stay home unless the storm is a complete fizzle. I am on crutches (messed up lumbar disk) and will not risk another fall.

To those rugged souls who plan to brave the storm and attend (whether you are of a Crimson or Green persuasion), I hope you stay safe and enjoy the game.
                    The sports part of Harvard storm Central is here:

http://www.gocrimson.com/sports/mbkb..._Storm_Central

You may want to check that link before you hit the highways

Comment

Update is Updated

I just checked the ECAC website and as I type this the ECAC is saying the men's Harvard - Dartmouth game has been changed from Saturday at 7:00PM to Sunday at 5:00PM at Bright. The Harvard Athletic website is still saying it is on Saturday!!

Clearly all should check before they start out to Bright Arena.

And to all in the storm area - stay safe!!

Comment

Former Dartmouth goalie Jody O'Neill posts shutout in first professional start:

http://lasvegaswranglers.com/news/sa...ut-over-bulls/
                        The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Brutal. The goal at the end shouldn't have been waved off but the game shouldn't have been that close against Harvard to begin with. They really need to get it together or they won't even be at home for the first round of the playoffs. Hopefully McNally and Lindblad will be back next weekend.
                          Go Dartmouth!

Comment

If anyone is interested in what Union is saying about this weekend's quarterfinal series, here's a video I took at their postseason media day.

******* width="560" height="315">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XwHXxx2Y7MQ?hl=en_US&version=3">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XwHXxx2Y7MQ?hl=en_US&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true">

Comment

Only 2 1/2 days to get your picks in on Round 2 of the ECAC Pick The Playoffs : http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...-Playoffs-2013
                              You have until 7PM Friday.
                              Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                              And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                              WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                              If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Dartmouth lines for game one of the #ECACHockey quarterfinals vs #UnionHockey

Up front:
                                Matt Lindblad/Tyler Sikura/Dustin Walsh
                                Connor Dempsey/Nick Bligh/Eric Neiley
                                Jesse Beamish/Charlie Mosey/Tim O’Brien
                                Brad Schierhorn/Alex Goodship/Eric Robinson

Brett Patterson is dressed as an extra forward

On defense:
                                Mike Keenan/Ryan Bullock
                                Geoff Ferguson/Taylor Boldt
                                Rick Pinkston

In net:
                                Charles Grant (Morris also dressing)

Dartmouth scratches: Nick Lovejoy, Billy Fitzgerald, Jack Barre, Mark Goggin, Jason Bourega, Brandon McNally, Andy Simpson, James Kruger

Comment

Working...
                                X