Dartmouth Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dartmouth Hockey

I am with you Green14 about who we would like to see the team lose to. A banner for another Ivy League Championship would look so nice in Thompson. Would love another ECAC banner as well, of course. I just hope this is the team that makes it to NCAA tourney. If not, they really should next year.

Comment

Longtime lurker, first time poster here. Heading down to the game this afternoon. It's great to see some other Dartmouth fans on here.

As I recall, there's parking in the campus garage at BC. Does anybody know if that's the best move?

Comment

Originally posted by Eleazar11 View Post
        Longtime lurker, first time poster here. Heading down to the game this afternoon. It's great to see some other Dartmouth fans on here.

As I recall, there's parking in the campus garage at BC. Does anybody know if that's the best move?
        It's a holiday so anywhere on campus will suffice. GOBC

Comment

Watched the game on the BC online feed and can't really complain too much about the way the team played today. Thought we matched up with BC reasonably well with the exception of there top end scoring talent which obviously showed on the scoresheet and if a couple more pucks had fallen our way we could've tied or won the game.

Anyone know why Neiley wasn't dressed? Probably wouldn't have made too much of a difference but could've helped provide a bit of offense.

Its been good to see the freshmen improve over the past few weeks and they seem to be generating some more offensive opportunities which could be key down the line. If O'Brien could finish, his speed could be a huge offensive weapon as shown with the couple of breakaways today.

Thought Grant looked great at times, though I'm still not sure if either he or Morris is the better goaltender and I expect them to continue to split time moving forward. Wouldn't be surprised to see Kruger get into one of the next two non-conference games which we should be able to win fairly easily.

Only real complaint on the night was the number of offensive opportunities BC had but I think that says more about their offense than our defense and hopefully if we play a team with comparable offensive talent in the future, the experience gained from this game will help us to fare better.

On a slightly different note, its been nice to see Walsh play wing and he seems to be a lot more comfortable there. It will be interesting to see how Gaudet adjusts the lines when Neiley is back in the lineup.
          Go Dartmouth!

Comment

Originally posted by icelund View Post
            Apologies if this is a tired question, but would any of the Dartmouth fans in the room know where I might be able to track down a jersey online, or is that not possible?
            You didn't really specify what you were seeking exactly, but I have a couple of Dartmouth game worn jerseys for sale from a few seasons back. Click on my userid to send and email or just visit my site and there is a link there to email as well if you have an interest.

Ryan J
            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
            Originally posted by geezer
            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
            Originally posted by manurespreader
            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
              You didn't really specify what you were seeking exactly, but I have a couple of Dartmouth game worn jerseys for sale from a few seasons back. Click on my userid to send and email or just visit my site and there is a link there to email as well if you have an interest.

Ryan J
              Would you consider a trade? A BC road jersey for a BC road Jersey?
              NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Two home games coming up before the holiday tourney. The team is very high in the pairwise and they simply need to hold serve against Bently and UVM. I remember they guys losing to UVM a few years ago and it was yet another team that missed the NCAA's by 1 spot. I always blamed that loss at home for them missing the big show. So, loss to BC on the road is gonna be okay, it they can beat these next two teams at Thompson. They gotta keep winning at home. I love this team, they are the real deal !

Comment

ChinaHockey... you emailed me about the Dartmouth hat. I think you want to send that to FlagDUDE08.
                  'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

I did, don't know how that happened FiveHole12. It must be that my computers flux capacitor has yet another issue.

Comment

Great to see both NH teams playing well. Looking forward to a good game in December.

Comment

Okay win in a game we should've won. Dominated possession in the 1st and 3rd periods. The 2nd was sloppy but they were able to hold on. The PK continues to be unreal despite missing a few guys that normally log a fair amount of short handed minutes.

Injuries seem to be piling up a bit as Neiley misses his 2nd game in a row and Boldt misses the 1st game of his career. O'Brien left the game in the first after taking an elbow but couldn't tell if he was badly injured and then Pinkston left the game halfway through the 3rd. Biggest injury concern at this point is the lack of depth behind the top 4 guys. Don't have the talent on the back end to miss Pinkston and Boldt for a long stretch but I guess we'll have to see who plays Wednesday in another game we should win.
                        Go Dartmouth!

Comment

Unfortunately I don't have NBCSN at my current location but have the game recorded back home to watch when I head back in a couple of weeks.

Listened to the audio feed and it didn't seem like we had much going offensively but we capitalized on the few great opportunities we had. On the flip side it didn't seem like Grant had to make too many tough saves despite UVM outshooting us by a wide margin. Good to see Boldt, Neiley and O'Brien back out there after some injury concerns and hopefully we'll be at full strength when the Ledyard tournament comes around. Also seems like Walsh is at least approaching the level of play he was at at the start of last season and that will be key for this team to reach their full potential and have even more success down the road.

Looking forward to watching this game as well as another showdown with an excellent team in UNH.

For those who were able to watch, would love to hear anything you'd be able to add.
                          Go Dartmouth!

Comment

Originally posted by icelund View Post
                            Apologies if this is a tired question, but would any of the Dartmouth fans in the room know where I might be able to track down a jersey online, or is that not possible? My stepfather is a Dartmouth grad from way back, and I've spent the past few years getting him into college hockey. Naturally he's fallen in with the Big Green, and it would make a great Christmas present.
                            Since I was at the game tonight, I went over to the Stateline Sports table, which is, AKAIK, the only source left for Dartmouth replica jerseys since the Dartmouth Coop stopped carrying them few years ago. They do have *replica* jerseys, home white and away green. They look decent (I have the home one), but are not the exact copy of what players wear on the ice. I inquired about the shipping for you, and, unfortunately they don't ship. You basically have to show up to Thompson Arena on a game day to get one. It's truly a shame.

Maybe one of the more regular visitors to the arena could help you out, but it's highly doubtful that you'll get it for Christmas, as they are off until the Ledyard Tourney right before New Years...
                            Dartmouth College: NCAAs 1948 1949 1960 1979 1980
                            University of Massachusetts: NCAAs 2007, ECAC Div. II Champs 1972

"When in doubt, use brute force." -- Ken Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Green14 View Post
                              For those who were able to watch, would love to hear anything you'd be able to add.
                              I was there. Grant was ok in the net. I thought he gave away too many rebounds that better teams would've buried. The first UVM goal was on a juicy rebound...

Offense was opportunistic, as you observed from the radio. We made goals out of all of our big chances, plus Keenan's seeing-eye goal, plus tremendous effort by Dustin Walsh on his second goal (I was sitting in 8, right in front of where it happened and still can't figure out how he managed to slide that one in). First line can skate against any other line in the nation.

UVM had lots of chances to score, but couldn't convert.

Our PK was suffocating.

Overall opinion: I don't think we'll beat UNH if we play like we played... UNH won't miss the gimmes that UVM missed, they'll probably shut down the Keenan/Sikura/Lindblad line and won't allow us *any* opportunities to score...

Enjoyed meeting Ben Lovejoy. Very classy guy, extremely friendly-- talked and signed stuff for every kid that stopped by. Great to have guys like him represent my alma-mater.
                              Dartmouth College: NCAAs 1948 1949 1960 1979 1980
                              University of Massachusetts: NCAAs 2007, ECAC Div. II Champs 1972

"When in doubt, use brute force." -- Ken Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Bullmoose View Post
                                Since I was at the game tonight, I went over to the Stateline Sports table, which is, AKAIK, the only source left for Dartmouth replica jerseys since the Dartmouth Coop stopped carrying them few years ago. They do have *replica* jerseys, home white and away green. They look decent (I have the home one), but are not the exact copy of what players wear on the ice. I inquired about the shipping for you, and, unfortunately they don't ship. You basically have to show up to Thompson Arena on a game day to get one. It's truly a shame.
                                I used to work at the Stateline Sports table during all the home games when I was an undergrad, and there never seemed to be enough replica sweaters. That was by far the most popular item (aside from the $3 hockey pucks), particularly the green ones, especially around Christmas time. I'm not really sure what prevents Stateline from making exact replicas of the ones the team wears on the ice, or why the Coop stopped carrying them. Also a mystery to me why they wouldn't ship. All we knew was that the guy unloaded the inventory at the beginning of every season and we just sold what we had. Sometimes people would inquire about ordering items online or getting them shipped, but all we could really do was shrug and point to the stuff on the table.

It was a phenomenal job to fall into as an undergrad, though. My roommate and I got paid to go to games we were attending anyway, the game was visible from the table, and we got to meet some outstanding Upper Valley folks and alums we might not have met otherwise. The Thompson faithful are a great bunch.

Unfortunately I couldn't watch much of the last game, but I had it on in the background. It was awesome to see the guys on TV, and even better to beat Vermont. I saw the goal from the rebound off Grant's pads and heard Pierre mention he should work on covering up. I agree with Bullmoose we'll generally need to step it up (and play like we did against BC) when we take on UNH. I also caught the NHL alums going out on the ice. Great moment. Sikura looks really good, well-deserved honor. Looking forward to the Ledyard Tournament.

Comment

Working...
                                X