Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Princeton & Quinnipiac @ RPI & Union (11/30, 12/1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Princeton & Quinnipiac @ RPI & Union (11/30, 12/1)

Back to league play
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: Princeton & Quinnipiac @ RPI & Union (11/30, 12/1)

The women also have this series, but at PU & QU. Who will get the first point? The men or the women?

Comment

We are coming off a two win weekend and an extra week of practice. We should be ready for this. We need to show that we can play in this league, so this is a very important weekend for the Engineers.
      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
      Benjamin Franklin
      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
      Gary Player

Comment

On the bright side, we're playing Q-Pac in a even-odd season, so we'll hopefully be able to at least salvage one point... -_-

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
          We are coming off a two win weekend and an extra week of practice. We should be ready for this. We need to show that we can play in this league, so this is a very important weekend for the Engineers.
          I agree. If we don't get at least 2 points, and hopefully we will get more, we will dig a hole like last year which we won't be able to get out of.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            I agree. If we don't get at least 2 points, and hopefully we will get more, we will dig a hole like last year which we won't be able to get out of.
            Given what happened in the playoffs in 11-12 and 08-09, it may not necessarily be a bad thing, but of course the only fluke I want to depend on is an electronics product.

Comment

We have to start someplace-this is as good a chance as we will have to get going. At home and rested. Go Red!
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I don't know how practices have been going but would start Kasdorf on Friday and if he plays well put him between the pipes again on Saturday. Hopefully the week off helped us to get healthy and strengthen our legs for these next for games coming up. It didn't seem to help when we played Union. Sometimes I think it hurts a team instead of helping them. No matter what we need to start earning points even though all 12 teams make the year end playoffs. Sure would be nice to have 1 home ice round of them but we need to start now to earn it and not wait till late January early February.

Comment

Originally posted by Stay@homeDad View Post
                  I don't know how practices have been going but would start Kasdorf on Friday and if he plays well put him between the pipes again on Saturday. Hopefully the week off helped us to get healthy and strengthen our legs for these next for games coming up. It didn't seem to help when we played Union. Sometimes I think it hurts a team instead of helping them. No matter what we need to start earning points even though all 12 teams make the year end playoffs. Sure would be nice to have 1 home ice round of them but we need to start now to earn it and not wait till late January early February.
                  Not that it's something to shoot for, but we seem to do better in the playoffs when we have a horrendous regular season. Maybe the way to win the league is to come in dead last in the regular season. Let's see how many think I'm condoning us playing awful...

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    Not that it's something to shoot for, but we seem to do better in the playoffs when we have a horrendous regular season. Maybe the way to win the league is to come in dead last in the regular season. Let's see how many think I'm condoning us playing awful...
                    We have never won the tourney after finishing last, although we have won the first round a few times from that position.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I may stop starting these weekly threads soon. They don't seem to create much interest from opposing fans.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

We have never won the tourney after finishing last, although we have won the first round a few times from that position.
                        Since the tournament took its current format in 2003, no one below 6th has won and no one below 9th has even played in the finals.

There have only been three teams that were on the road in the first round who made it to the championship weekend - 2004 Clarkson (#9), 2010 Brown (#11), 2011 Colgate (#12).

Finishing poorly in the regular season is not a way to generate positive results in the playoffs.

ETA: And as another note, there have only been three teams (out of 10 championship games, so 20 spots) that did not finish with a bye. And, the only one of those three to win the whole thing was playing another team that did not finish with a bye.

Winning three consecutive weekends is difficult. Don't let our somewhat anomalous recent past fool you.
                        Last edited by burgie12; 11-28-2012, 08:45 AM.
                        Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

I may stop starting these weekly threads soon. They don't seem to create much interest from opposing fans.
                          Did you post a link to it in the Princeton and Quinnipiac threads?

Even if the opposing fans don't always post, it's a nice way to separate game discussion from the other nonsense that sometimes goes on in our thread
                          Last edited by REDaero91; 11-28-2012, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post
                            Did you post a link to it in the Princeton and Quinnipiac threads?

Even if the opposing fans don't always post, it's a nice way to separate game discussion from the other nonsense that sometimes goes on in our thread
                            No, I haven't posted links. I will try that, assuming that I find their threads.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

No, I haven't posted links. I will try that, assuming that I find their threads.
                              I found one for QU, but although there was an off-season PU thread and there is a women's thread for them for this year, there doesn't appear to be a men's PU thread for this season.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                              X