• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part II: You Better Starting Posting the Engineer Way

Thanks to AspyDad.

Old Thread
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part II: You Better Starting Posting the Engineer Way

FDude-Gold? I am stocking up on ammunition (BTW I love gold at times like this)
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      I wish we would stock up on Goals rather than Gold.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        I wish we would stock up on Goals rather than Gold.
        In order to stock up on gold, you must score goals.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          In order to stock up on gold, you must score goals.
          Whatever.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            I like the idea of gold except it is really hard for people to make change if paper currency becomes worthless. We've been accumulating silver coins, mostly quarters and dimes, every half year or so for exactly that reason. Hard to buy $25 dollars of food with a $1,000 bill!

I'd be wary of anything held in electronic form (i.e., someone gives you a statement that says you have gold somewhere else).

Ammunition, sadly, makes too much sense, though a gated community with its own generator, electrified fences, and a year's supply of fuel would be nice too.
            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Is this a hockey forum?

Comment

You Better Starting Posting the Engineer Way.......am I missing something here or is it just a typo.
                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post

Ammunition, sadly, makes too much sense, though a gated community with its own generator, electrified fences, and a year's supply of fuel would be nice too.
                  That is why we keep the Adirondack home. 35,000 Watt generator, two 500 gallon Propane tanks, and a couple of 12 gauges. Besides (hockey related) we can drive to 6 of the ECAC hockey venues in reasonable time.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiveforfighting View Post
                    Is this a hockey forum?
                    It is. We have to do something to take the mind off of the team's dismal performance thus far.

Welcome to the boards!

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. On a hockey related note, maybe time to rachet down the emphasis on conditioning and maturity. Everyone at this level is fit enough to play two games a week and smart enough to instinctively make good hockey decisions when playing with self confidence. It's the team that plays better hockey that wins. The more skilled team that posesses the puck longer, makes better passes and therefore generates better scoring chances statistically wins more.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. On a hockey related note, maybe time to rachet down the emphasis on conditioning and maturity. Everyone at this level is fit enough to play two games a week and smart enough to instinctively make good hockey decisions when playing with self confidence. It's the team that plays better hockey that wins. The more skilled team that posesses the puck longer, makes better passes and therefore generates better scoring chances statistically wins more.
                        I really thought I was going to like you but you cannot come in here and make perfect sense like that. You have to pay your dues like the rest of us-make a few snide remarks, a couple of innuendos, some sarcasm and perhaps even quote some meaningless statistics. To get on here and within 2 posts cut right to the chase and say what needs to be said? Just doesn't happen.

BTW-big welcome-some of us have been around a real long time and we can use any help we can get and lots of new blood and ideas.

Comment

Really?? Who would have thought... Since you have it all figured out you might want to send your resume to the Athletics Director so they will have it on file if SA doesn't get things turned around.

Comment

What do you all think we do this weekend against MH? Any final score thoughts? I'm hoping we can turn it around but not really feeling it in my gut that I am going to go tomorrow night and see anything different.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                              You Better Starting Posting the Engineer Way.......am I missing something here or is it just a typo.
                              You have a problem with consecutive gerunds?

Comment

Working...
                              X