This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stay@homeDad View Post
    Maybe from where you were sitting they looked different. However, on the 2nd goal we had some of Bradley's camp sitting in front of us and even one of them made a comment on the goal. I cannot remember the exact words but basically they were that Bryce should have had made the save. As for CJ I had to watch the video about 10 times 2 see if it was CJ so if you pick it up in the 1 st time you watched it all the more power to you.
    Btw, I did not see CJ @ the Recovery room afterwards where I usually get most information. Though none of the guys I did see were giving up any information on him either. Therefore, whom ever posted the injury on Zack, I cannot remember who, could have ruined it for us respectful posters to get information the world does not need to know. Even if non proofing Weaver posted it in the paper or not.

Comment

Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part II: You Better Starting Posting the Engineer Way

Troy Record on game......http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...ewmode=default
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
        Gee, since you have all that time to pick and comment and research and parse...how 'bout the evidence I asked you for in the last thread??? You have great attention to detail, no? Where's your research skill??? Is your intellect lacking or are you beign dishonest? Please enlighten us. For those of you who don't know to what I am referring, this young squire stated that RPI players post information about injuries on the internet (FB, Twitter and the like). I challenged him to provide the evidence and he has not done so...he actually ignores me when I ask...so classically 'politican-esk' ...if you go on...I will too. Fess up and make your peace with the facts. The players have been accused BY YOU. Settle the matter.
        Seriously babo, you're starting to sound like a cross between Gurtholfin and unofan.

For those of you who don't know to what we are referring, this dutchess stated that another squire had been leaking information from within the locker room itself. I have consistently stated that I happen to know this squire well enough to know that he is not awarded the privilege of the information that he has been accused of leaking without credible evidence. Therefore, by the logical law of disjunctive inference, it must come from somewhere else. I suggested two possible methods of obtaining this information: either the internet, or in person via a friendly means of communication, whether directly or indirectly. Because I am the one who posted this suggestion, this dutchess has blindly chosen one of these methods based upon physical location and assumed that I was the one who provided this information. I have consistently explained this position, and she has ignored this...so classically "McCarthy-esque". If you go on, then I will, too. Neither I, nor anyone to whom I believe provides credible information on this board, will tolerate being attacked by someone on a witch hunt.

Comment

Btw, I did not see CJ @ the Recovery room afterwards where I usually get most information. Though none of the guys I did see were giving up any information on him either. Therefore, whom ever posted the injury on Zack, I cannot remember who, could have ruined it for us respectful posters to get information the world does not need to know. Even if non proofing Weaver posted it in the paper or not.
          Now that we have that information, I believe the fight between babo and myself can be resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
            from SaHD's post......Bryce made some real good saves but also let in what appeared to be 2 easy save goals..............I could be wrong but it looked like MH's 1st goal might've come off a deflection by 1 of our D-men's stick, 2nd goal/I wouldn't call it an easy save (had he made it) that was a pretty nice shot. SA's Postgame video, at 5:35 it looks like CJ walking by in the background. I certainly won't make a diagnosis from that but he looked ok..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOZgc...layer_embedded
            On the first goal, it wasn't a deflection off of our stick. The RPI player tried to clear and it was turned over via a block. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQYKS7azeCc at about 0:41

After reviewing the 2-on-1 again (about 0:55 in the same video), definitely different from the dive that was made to stop the other ones, but was still defending the back-door, which is what you have to do. It's not like the goalie did anything wrong with positioning either; he came out to challenge the shot, but he got beat on the glove. Sure, it wouldn't have happened to York, but I'm not going to be making a comparison to a previous goaltender, to those who know what I'm talking aboot. I have a little more concern with the D-man's choice that led to the turnover, though.

I'm shocked we only have 3 SHGA considering our methods of pass-pass-pass-turnover on the power play.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              Seriously babo, you're starting to sound like a cross between Gurtholfin and unofan.

For those of you who don't know to what we are referring, this dutchess stated that another squire had been leaking information from within the locker room itself. I have consistently stated that I happen to know this squire well enough to know that he is not awarded the privilege of the information that he has been accused of leaking without credible evidence. Therefore, by the logical law of disjunctive inference, it must come from somewhere else. I suggested two possible methods of obtaining this information: either the internet, or in person via a friendly means of communication, whether directly or indirectly. Because I am the one who posted this suggestion, this dutchess has blindly chosen one of these methods based upon physical location and assumed that I was the one who provided this information. I have consistently explained this position, and she has ignored this...so classically "McCarthy-esque". If you go on, then I will, too. Neither I, nor anyone to whom I believe provides credible information on this board, will tolerate being attacked by someone on a witch hunt.
              Can you do me a favor? Can you find the post where you made your "suggestion" and put it up here? That will either shut me up or shut you up...I don't know how to look for it. Since you won't site your source of your accusation, I need to be corrected.

Comment

My head hurts after reading FlagDudes posts. I understand the thread title is Post the Engineer Way, but you don't have to post like an engineer.
                Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post

FDude, I have been busy and haven’t followed this whole thing but the bottom line is we should not disclose anything that may endanger or give us a competitive disadvantage. We should always err on the side of less is more when we approach the keyboard. This thread is lucky to have people like babo associated with the program that have been kind enough to make us part of the larger RPI Hockey family. It is her prerogative to speak to issues surrounding the team and things that might harm our guys. She and the hubster have spent untold amounts of $$$$ (composite sticks, bauer skates, etc) and O Dark Thirty mornings in cold rinks that have prepared her to speak to these issues.
                  Coming from me, this might sound hypocritical but we need not get the last word all the time. Respect her voice on this issue because she knows more than us. I hope this finds you well. Look forward to seeing you at HFH.
                  "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
                    Can you do me a favor? Can you find the post where you made your "suggestion" and put it up here? That will either shut me up or shut you up...I don't know how to look for it. Since you won't site your source of your accusation, I need to be corrected.
                    Mincing words I will not do. References to posts, however, I will. I am a firm believer in "put up or shut up", so I will put up.

The original post of information in question to which this argument began is located here at post #635.

As for my suggestion, although indirect and in a zinger format, you'll want to look at post #664 on here, specifically the edit. The post does show the last time the post was edited and cannot be changed by the likes of us. You'll also notice in post #676 that I had, once again, suggested that classmates is a possibility, thereby eliminating the exclusive target of the World Wide Waste-of-time.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                      My head hurts after reading FlagDudes posts. I understand the thread title is Post the Engineer Way, but you don't have to post like an engineer.
                      What if I am an engineer?

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                        i can't argue with any of the top 3 lines. Fourth line is always kind of a toss up and you hope for the best. Defensive pairings are very important and the chemistry just has to work out-hope we figure out which pairings work best soon although i do like Bradley in the line up-can fully understand the moves coach Appert has made.
                        I do like the Bailen Leonard combo because I think Curtis is more of a stay home guy and while Bailen is the "Rover", he (Leonard) can stay at home. Did like how Seth put the NHL line as first line because instead of getting a checking line (third lines are usually more defensive minded) they get to go against more offensive minded line creating more opportunities for our best line IMO.
                        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

One word...stalker.

Comment

Should we expect to see someone (Higgs?) with a letter on the jersey tonight with CJ not likely to see the ice tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                              FDude, I have been busy and haven’t followed this whole thing but the bottom line is we should not disclose anything that may endanger or give us a competitive disadvantage. We should always err on the side of less is more when we approach the keyboard. This thread is lucky to have people like babo associated with the program that have been kind enough to make us part of the larger RPI Hockey family. It is her prerogative to speak to issues surrounding the team and things that might harm our guys. She and the hubster have spent untold amounts of $$$$ (composite sticks, bauer skates, etc) and O Dark Thirty mornings in cold rinks that have prepared her to speak to these issues.
                              Coming from me, this might sound hypocritical but we need not get the last word all the time. Respect her voice on this issue because she knows more than us. I hope this finds you well. Look forward to seeing you at HFH.
                              First, the argument was completely based around one poster's perception of the potential validity of another poster's posts. That is all. I have not taken, nor will I choose to take, a position regarding that release of information. I respect the position of confidentiality from those that have a stake within "the room", or any other area, and would honour a person's wishes of confidentiality absolutely and without discussion.

Second, despite any disagreements, all of us on this board are supporting these kids who are playing hockey in one way or another, whether it's travelling 400 miles each way to be at a single game, contributing to the players' equipment and play ability whether directly or indirectly, the purchase of paraphernalia, etc. For as long as I have been involved with this institution, the team has been forever grateful for our support, and it is my pleasure and thrill to support them in this endeavour by any means possible, whether I play with the band, travel, or go off in the editorials on someone who has a problem with the support of the team.

Finally, I do not have any plans at this point to get out to HFH again this season (but am considering Freakout), but I would be happy to see you at one of the several away games I plan to attend.

Comment

Stay@homeDad, so as one of the “respectful posters,” I wonder what good you thought might come from announcing whose camp said what in the stands during the course of a game? To my way of thinking, identifying the player camp that may or may not have offered a particular comment on the quality of the any Mercyhurst goal adds little weight or validity to the observation. And while this may not have been the intent behind mentioning a specific player’s camp, such a posting on this thread could have the effect of stirring up trouble by implying that friends or family of the player might be sitting in the stands being critical of other RPI team members. I can’t imagine that would have the effect of enhancing team relations. But at least the families/camps of all the players have been served with a valuable reminder that there may be folks in the stands listening in on their conversations, ready to report to the world what they are saying.

Comment

Working...
                                X