Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part II: You Better Starting Posting the Engineer Way

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    Possibly RB. But I saw a lot of that 1984 team and they were a very well oiled offensive machine. Perhaps a tad less good at defense than the following year but they usually could just plain score on anyone at any time. I felt back then that I had never seen a better two game performance by a goalie and i still feel that way. Perhaps we would not have won it all anyw ay. But if I close my eyes right now-I think I could still see some of the saves he made. Of course we will never know what would have happened-but if we someohow had gotten by him and NDak-I think we would have been a handful for anyone. BTW although Casey really did virtually beat us pretty much by himself, the rest of the NDak team was very very good and the games would have been tough anyway. Just do not even ask me to comment about the officiating of that series. I thought coach Addessa would burst a blood vessel in his head the first night.
    You and Senna saw a lot more of that team than I did, but it has always seemed to me that experience in the tourney is worth a lot. That team was too much dominated by sophomores and freshmen -- just like this season. (And I would take a loss in the opening round of the NCAA tourney this season, not that I wouldn't expect more if we get there . )
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part II: You Better Starting Posting the Engineer Way

WaP's What If for today: What if Servinis had been called offsides? My opinion is that we would have won anyway and probably by the same score since we would have kept up the pressure longer.
      Last edited by Ralph Baer; 12-20-2012, 12:34 PM. Reason: typos as usual
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        WaP's Waht If for today: What if Servinis had been called offsides? My opinion is that we would have one anyway, and probably by the same score, since we would have kept up the pressure longer.
        I was wondering how long it was going to take for that one...

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          I was wondering how long it was going to take for that one...
          He's doing them chronologically.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

He's doing them chronologically.
            Didn't think there was anything in between. I guess you learn something every day.

Comment

WaP's What If for today: What if Servinis had been called offsides? My opinion is that we would have won anyway and probably by the same score since we would have kept up the pressure longer.
              Tough one to think about. Providence had a really hot goalie. We saw him the previous game and he just stood on his head-and we started to think again about NDak and Jon Casey the previous year. He was extremely focused during the tourney and all it would have taken was one bad bounce or penalty and who knows? Was George offsides? Live at Joe Louis Arena he sure looked like he was not. But on viewing the tape many times over-I am pretty sure he was a step ahead.
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                Tough one to think about. Providence had a really hot goalie. We saw him the previous game and he just stood on his head-and we started to think again about NDak and Jon Casey the previous year. He was extremely focused during the tourney and all it would have taken was one bad bounce or penalty and who knows? Was George offsides? Live at Joe Louis Arena he sure looked like he was not. But on viewing the tape many times over-I am pretty sure he was a step ahead.
                Hate to disagree with you DrD, but I must have had a better view of it than you did at the Joe. I kept waiting to hear the whistle and when it didn't blow, I knew that George was going to find a way to put it past Terreri.

There are two more "what ifs" that could come from this. One of them would be "what if RPI had the same amount of rest as Providence?". Remember, one game was on Thursday and the other was on Friday. The other would be "what if Oates and Puppa had returned for the 85-86 season?".

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                  Hate to disagree with you DrD, but I must have had a better view of it than you did at the Joe. I kept waiting to hear the whistle and when it didn't blow, I knew that George was going to find a way to put it past Terreri.

There are two more "what ifs" that could come from this. One of them would be "what if RPI had the same amount of rest as Providence?". Remember, one game was on Thursday and the other was on Friday. The other would be "what if Oates and Puppa had returned for the 85-86 season?".
                  A slight difference to your first would be what if the PC fans hadn't made a lot of noise in the hotel where the RPI team was staying, causing them to lose sleep?
                  Last edited by Ralph Baer; 12-20-2012, 08:47 PM.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

A slight difference to your first would be what if the PC fans hadn't made a lot of noicse in the hotel where the RPI team was staying, causing them to lose sleep?
                    Why is this making me think of those Canadian radio station dudes calling up the American players at 3AM... and to think, they went right after D'Amigo first (OK OK I'll take it to the alumni thread)...

Comment

I feel like the musical accompaniment for this one was absolutely perfect. I was pretty amazed that a number of the songs I found that were popular around the time of these events were frequently semi-allusory.
                      Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Tough one to think about. Providence had a really hot goalie. We saw him the previous game and he just stood on his head.
                        Chris Terreri - 40 saves vs. RPI, tourney MOP.
                        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post

You have to remember 2 things-My heart and mind were hoping he was not off sides-and i had consumed a significant amount of potent potables before and during the game. Actually the play developed so quickly that it really was difficult to see.

Your point about the extra day of rest is very well taken. Not to mention how late the friday night game for us ended with the extension into overtime. It had to have had some effect.
                          Last edited by DrDemento; 12-21-2012, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                            Chris Terreri - 40 saves vs. RPI, tourney MOP.
                            He was even better 2 nights previously. He had a great final four.

Comment

He was even better 2 nights previously. He had a great final four.
                              Had a lengthy NHL career...and is the goalie coach for NJ Devils org.
                              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

You have to remember 2 things-My heart and mind were hoping he was not off sides-and i had consumed a significant amount of potent potables before and during the game. Actually the play developed so quickly that it really was difficult to see.

Your point about the extra day of rest is very well taken. Not to mention how late the friday night game for us ended with the extension into overtime. It had to have had some effect.
                                Thinking about potent potables, I was reading one of the women's recruit threads and saw that Penn State had received a commitment from a recruit named Remi Martin. I wonder what her parents were thinking. As Looking Glass sang, "Brandy, you're a fine girl."

Sorry for the off-topic post.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X